Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 5,461 to 5,480 of 5,552

nessisonett

@oliverp The vibes are amazing to be fair. Especially on a CRT, the neon totally pops.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Gamer83

Finally finished the last chapter in Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name. Really enjoyed it, even if it is just a 'bite size' Yakuza game. Now to play Infinite Wealth.

Gamer83

Gamer83

@Korra
I've played and enjoyed all the Yakuza games so I'm expecting to enjoy Infinite Wealth also but I have heard similar from other people that it's a good game but definitely has some flaws.

Gamer83

LtSarge

Just finished Burnout 3: Takedown on the original Xbox after 13 hours of playtime. Another very fun racing game after having recently played through DiRT 2. It's crazy how many fun racing games there were back in the day. The concept of racing, taking down other vehicles and increasing your boost gauge is just brilliant and so much fun.

The game isn't without a lot of frustrations though. You constantly crash into other stuff while racing, such as civilian vehicles, which ruins the fun. Not to mention that the AI can be ruthless sometimes. In some races, if you crash once, you'll be set back a lot. On the other hand, if the bots crash, they will respawn right behind you. It's really unfair and there are not even difficulty options to choose from.

Also, it's crazy to me just how many crash events there are in the campaign. Out of the 170 events, 100 of them are crash events. I was really surprised as I was nearing the end of the game and there weren't any more races to do. I literally had to do 70 crash events before I could finish the game. Absolutely bizarre. The crash events are fun, but I don't want to do 100 of them.

All in all, it's a very fun game but you can clearly tell this game was made in the early 00s as some aspects just don't hold up today.

LtSarge

woollypump

I enjoyed Baldurs Gate 3 so much it inspired me to make another attempt at Divinity Original Sin 2, having previoulsy bounced off it twice due to finding it too difficult.

It was definitely more challenging than BG3 but I beat it last night, after what I think was a fairly completionist run (I think there was one optional boss I didn't fight). Played through it almost-blind, but I did read up on the combat before starting this run - went for all physical damage, ranger, two fighters and rogue. Main was Sebille. I think I enjoyed it almost as much as BG3, fantastic game, glad I went back to it.

woollypump

Jimmer-jammer

Finished the Unicorn Overlord Demo and thought it was excellent. If everything continues to develop the way it looks like it will, this will be a must buy for me. I especially love how snappy everything is. Well worth a try for anyone curious!

Also finished Sifu and Final Fantasy VII Remake finally.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - played through most of it last year when the servers randomly went back online. Returned to it last week to finish everything off. I enjoyed my time with it and would definitely play another Splinter Cell game… it doesn’t have the narrative and lore of the Metal Gear games but actually plays better than most of them with the exception of V (and maybe IV) tbh.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

Finished the INTERmission DLC and really enjoyed it. Yuffie is super fun to play as, the boss fights are great and the short runtime suits its playful nature while still packing an emotional punch. Really solid DLC.

@colonelkilgore I’ve never played a Splinter Cell past Chaos Theory but really enjoyed that original trilogy. I’m surprised there hasn’t been a more recent entry.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer there was a lot of talk about a remake of the original a year or two back but seems to have all gone quiet of late. Blacklist was my first ever Splinter Cell game but I did recently pick up the original trilogy on PS3 under the HD Classics collection. I’ll definitely be dipping back in when I get the chance.

**** DLC!

CaptD

Splinter Cell Blacklist was great, really surprised that Ubi hasn't ported it (they don't do remasters, just bog standard ports. ).
Especially strange considering that I think Blacklist was released just months before the PS4, these companies make some very weird decisions.

Apparently there is a new Splinter cell in 2025/26, hopefully their season pass will include a Blacklist port (highly unlikely but we can hope).

CaptD

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore Hope they hold up still! I was blown away at the time but it’s been a while. I’d think about giving Blacklist a try but if what @CaptD is saying pans out, might just wait for the new one.

colonelkilgore

@CaptD I’d have definitely double-dipped if they had of ported it to PS4.

@Jimmer-jammer I’m sure they will feel a little bit janky but everyone seems to rave about Chaos Theory, so I definitely want to play it at some point… and I ain’t playing it until I’ve played the previous two, so the trilogy is now most definitely on my schedule.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Ralizah

Technically beat the Crash Bandicoot: Warped remake in one day, but as I'm going for 100% completion, I'm not done with it. Only managed to get through 57% of the content in one day. Which, admittedly, was enough to see me through the credits.

Time to go for all the gems and time trial relics!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

Got the best ending in Crash Bandicoot: Warped by 100%ing the game, so I'm officially done with the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. Apparently spent 30 hours playing it over the past week!

The Steam Deck just made these games so much more accessible for completionist purposes.

Trying to decide if I want to go back to the games I was playing previously, or just jump into something else entirely...

Ralizah

Beat Steamworld Dig 2. Not 100%, but I did the majority of optional content, and as I understand it, doing everything doesn't get you a different ending, so I didn't bother.

Not a perfect game (the final boss is poorly balanced, the ending is abrupt, and the plot is never developed to my satisfaction), but a solid Metroidvania nonetheless. The addictive loop of pushing down deeper to find more gems to upgrade yourself in order to collect even more valuable gems is as strong as ever, and there are some really cool abilities this go around. The game is gorgeous on the Deck OLED's screen, and looks incredibly smooth running at 90fps. The game will just run forever without a charge, too.

Bundersvessel

@Ralizah Excellent work on the Crash trilogy, sounds like it was worth it to push through the first game and find a lot of joy. I keep meaning to play them but they inevitably get pushed back down the backlog queue. I'm partially wary of ruining my nostalgia for these titles and that is enough to ramp up the anxiety. How are you getting on elsewhere in your backlog quest? Weren't you playing Bloodborne and Ghost of Tsushima?

Edited on by Bundersvessel

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

Ralizah

@Bundersvessel Thanks!

I had a... bad time with Warped on the PS1 when I replayed the original years ago. It did, indeed, 'ruin my nostalgia.'

That said, I've had this and the Spyro trilogy in my backlog for many moons. Now that I'm playing more games on my Steam Deck, I decided 'what the hell' and installed the Crash Bandicoot trilogy.

Going into the remake trilogy, CB1 is just an evil and miserable game that I quit as soon as I hit the credits. While there are aspects of the entire trilogy I dislike (a close behind the shoulder viewpoint for a platformer? C'mon!), the second game really took all of the potential of the series and concentrated it into something fun and well-designed. Warped is closer in quality to the second game overall, but loads it up with way too many clunky vehicle/gimmick levels, and it lacks the fun plethora of secret level exits that were in CB2 (there's a few here, but they're not nearly as intuitive, so I had to look up how to unlock them).

The Spyro games absolutely smoke this trilogy, but there's definitely a lot of fun to be had with the second and third games.

Ah, I finished Bloodborne a few weeks ago (still dislike it, unfortunately; was hoping my good experiences with Elden Ring and Dark Souls Remastered would translate to me having more fun here, but nah), and was getting a bit bored with Ghost of Tsushima (so far, IMO, it combines the worst aspects of modern open world games AND the sort of narrative action games that Sony specializes in), so I decided to play some other stuff for a while.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

Beat Dragon Warrior Monsters for the GBC, thinking it would be a quick one to do for this month’s RetroAchievements goal. It wasn’t a quick one but it was a fun one! Really quite difficult too so had to rely on well old guides from the glory days of GameFAQs.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Never beat it, but I loved DQM as a kid.

Honestly, my default assumption with old JRPGs is to expect rock-solid difficulty in general.

Out of interest, what IS your monthly RetroAchievements goal?

nessisonett

@Ralizah It’s a sort of board game thing they do every month, where you have spaces on a board corresponding to genres of game, or the category of protagonist, or this month is the theme or setting of the game. So Dragon Quest Monsters comes under ‘Save the Girl’ and the next one I’ve to do is an ‘Old West’ game. That’s a bit more niche and considering I’m atrocious at arcade beat-em-ups, I’ve ruled out Sunset Riders and I’m playing Lucky Luke on Game Boy Color which is a decent platformer. I think it’s all to encourage better categorisation on the site, users can submit genre requests for certain games in order to receive credit for the challenge, which makes it easier to find games on the site as it’s all one big database really. This month’s map is based on Dracula’s Castle though which is fun! My goal’s to get from Save The Girl to Mecha by beating a game in each room along the way, and then get to Dracula and beat any game. I have keys from previous boards I can use to get into the warp rooms too which is useful.

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic