Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 4,361 to 4,380 of 4,492

XandertheWise

watching the last two episodes of Season 2 of Smallville right now. then back to watching the rest of the show for DVD which I have.

still need to get the Seasons 9 and 10 DVD sets from walmart online

and binge through Teen World Season 3 on Hulu and the rest of Season 2 or 3 of Switched at Birth

XandertheWise

nessisonett

In what’s possibly the most overt sign of mental instability yet, I’ve been watching Eastenders from the start. Almost finished 1985. It’s practically Sisyphean.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett We'll only start to worry when you start spelling the word "out" as "ahht" in future posts.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Funnily enough I’ve been surprised at the differences between the cockney accent back then and now. It’s actually noticeably less thick these days on the show.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Which you can't say about the people that watch those shows religiously.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I take offence! Eastenders is the only thing I can bring myself to watch regularly as it’s a daily dose of absolute trash.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Present company excepted! Well, most of it anyway lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

XandertheWise

Rewatching binging through Season 3 of Smallville for DVD for the rest of this month

XandertheWise

ralphdibny

@nessisonett woah, where can you watch EastEnders from the start? Is it on iPlayer in its entirety or did you find a torrent?

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Dailymotion lol, it’s like 2009 all over again. Might as well be using Vimeo.

LN78

@nessisonett Have you got to the episode where Den says "' 'ere, woss gahin an?" yet? That one was a classic.

LN78

CJD87

Eastenders was truly essential viewing going back maybe 25-30 years.

I remember watching as a kid when Steve killed Saskia with the ashtray... and framed Matthew (?)
Glory days!

CJD87

ralphdibny

@nessisonett haha nice 👍

@CJD87 ah yes, Matthew Rose played by Joe Absolom. I actually saw a poster for a play in my local cinema last year that had Joe Absolom on it and I was really wondering where I knew that name from before I looked it up and realised. Which is why I now have an in-depth knowledge of who played Matthew rose on EastEnders 😂

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

XandertheWise

Today Im binging through the Loki and the Falcon/Winter Soldier shows on Disneyplus along with the Black Panther 2 movie and Eternals movie

XandertheWise

CJD87

@ralphdibny The DiMarco brothers were great comedy value too, especially “ladies man” Beppe!

CJD87

ralphdibny

@CJD87 haha oh yeah Gianni, I remember him getting stuck in the arches after it exploded or something? Possibly with Steve Owens sister and they struck up a romance after he pulled funny faces at her for a few episodes

I remember Beppe getting the Clap too and giving it to Lynne Hobbes (Slater) and she was really annoyed at him. "Beppes got the clap" was a memorable line said many times during that storyline 🤣

Anyway, we are probably giving too many spoilers for Ness!

See ya!

LtSarge

Finished watching The Last of Us on HBO last week. I honestly enjoyed it way more than the game. The story was more focused and the episodes were very memorable. Pedro Pascal is perfect as Joel, although Bella Ramsey didn't really feel like Ellie. She felt more "rough" than Ellie in the video game. I also have to say that the show didn't have enough clickers. I mean, it felt like the show makers forgot about them after awhile. But when they did show up, it was absolutely awesome. It was also really cool how faithful to the game they made the show, with some differences and even integrating the DLC into the main story. Lastly, I like how they actually included Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson, the voice actors, in the show but damn did they do Troy dirty. I felt so sorry for him when he died.

I'm really excited to play Part II now that I've "recapped" the first game and especially now that they've released a remastered version on PS5.

LtSarge

FuriousMachine

@LtSarge I loved the show too; watched it back when it originally premiered and then watched it again with my aging mum (who also loved it). Just started playing part 2 remastered (finished Seattle Day 1) and, damn, I wept when I played the first game, wept when I saw the show and now they have me weeping again with part 2. I love it when entertainment media manages to provoke an emotional response in me.

Would this be your first run on part 2 or have you played it before?

FuriousMachine

nessisonett

Genuinely gutted about Dave from the Hairy Bikers. Spent my childhood watching them and part of the reason I love to cook. I’ve even had a Mii of him since about 2007 for some reason that I transferred to 3DS and then Wii U.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic