Forums

Topic: The Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 197

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan I had a blast with Village, and slighty preferred it to VII due to it feeling a bit better paced. There are a couple of really effed up sections, so good luck with those!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@Jimmer-jammer @JohnnyShoulder
Thanks guys. Does indeed seem like something I'll enjoy for the duration. In typical RE fashion I've spent most of my money upgrading starting pistol and have now found a slightly better one...

@CaptD
I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to do it in VR, good luck with that when you get to it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CaptD

@sorteddan My first playthrough of RE7 was in VR, cowering in fear and crying like a little baby is the only way to play RE.

CaptD

sorteddan

@CaptD
I think if would probably spend a great deal of time examining and exploring the save room!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

Just collected the forth flask and now seemingly set to go see Heisenberg...

I really enjoyed the creepy doll house part. The lack of any combat and focussing on puzzle elements made a nice change of pace. Then I got back to the village, found the plaque part that opened the grave and went back to do so - I was very not ready for that big Axe bloke who had appeared to guard it!!

The part with the big fish monster wasn't my favorite. I wouldn't like to admit how many times I got to see the eaten by fish monster cut scene due to my lack of directional sense, poor timing and wrecklessness.

And then the stronghold, which I've just gotten through in the last hour. Crap that part was intense! Once again being rushed from multiple angles by a variety of beasties and then the Urias fight to finish it off. Yep pretty much used all my ammo for all my weapons to get past him.

Looking forward to continuing the journey , probably tomorrow.

Edited on by sorteddan

oliverp

I wounder where Capcom will take the series next. Not sure if Iam the only one would like to see a remake of Resident Evil 5 (something that I think would be really cool). Ohterswise maybe it would cool to see a Resident Evil game with an bigger world map set in Africa again. Yeah I like that settings as it feel unique. You still not see many games taking place in that area.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

kyleforrester87

I was thinking this the other day, and I would like to see the franchise rebooted now with the original cast (basically, bring back Wesker, without his super powers), I’d want to keep Racoon City, Umbrella, Zombies etc but otherwise reimagine the story and just go in a different direction with it (one that doesn’t end up with Las Plagas!)

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@oliverp I dunno, didn’t get that far. My favourite Resi games did not have huge maps so I don’t think it’s important, neither do games like Dead Space, which I love.

That said, Evil Within 2 had semi-open world environments and I loved that. So sure, let me roam around Racoon City a bit, complete a few meaningful side quests that lead to cool rewards like a new shotgun and tie in a bunch of set pieces. But not Assassins Creed with zombies.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Next Resident Evil confirmed to be more like Assassin's Creed Valhalla tomorrow then!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Less words, more jam.

oliverp

@kyleforrester87 Oh hope you did not get upset about the question regarding map size. Personally I would actually not mind if Capcom decided give us a few more remakes before a new major game.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

KAIRU

I should play some of the Resident Evil games, to be honest. Last one I played was Biohazard.

Playing Tetris with the inventory is a slight annoyance of mine though.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

KAIRU

@JohnnyShoulder It has its own game now?! 😂

Edited on by KAIRU

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

oliverp

So have you folks noticed that Resident Evil usually features some unlockable content? Not sure if it is true but I feel like Resident Evil features maybe features more unlockables then most games yet it also feels like gamers in general are not so much into the unlockable stuff. At least you really don't read much about unlockable content in games. Yet I guess developers spend quite a bit of time crafting and creating unlockable content (which I think can be a bit surprising if not that many people pay attention to that type of content).

oliverp

LtSarge

So it's been almost half a year since I finished Resident Evil 6 and already I'm craving another Resident Evil.

I don't really feel like playing Code Veronica X right now, even though I've been holding it off for so long now. I just want to play more third-person over-the-shoulder RE. So I think I might be starting up the first Revelations on PS4 in the coming days after I've finished my other ongoing games. Should be a good time, I've heard great things about this game as it's a return to the series' roots at a time when RE deviated from survival horror.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Started up Revelations today. It's honestly a very chill game all things considered. Since this was originally a 3DS game, the levels are bite-sized. You spend 10-15 minutes before you move on to the next level. The game plays pretty much like Resident Evil 5, i.e. there are no tank controls. There's no inventory management and the game gives you plenty of ammo as you can seek it out through the new scanning device. In other words, it's a very streamlined experience. I wouldn't go as far as to say that this entry is a return to form as the game still feels very much like Resident Evil 5 in terms of the amount of action versus horror.

But good lord is it janky to aim in this game. It feels like you can only aim 45 or 90 degrees and not anything in between. If this weren't such a chill game, I'd be very frustrated by this.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge I bought Revelations during one of the sales sometime in the second half of last year. As I've never played it before either, I am looking forward to trying it out at some point this year. It likely won't be for quite a while given the upcoming releases (Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Baldur's Gate 3 Deluxe Edition), but considering I've only ever played Resident Evil and the new remakes of 2, 3, and 4 out of the series, it will be interesting to go through more of the series.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic