Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,383

Bazza78

Give klopp time to buy his own players, and Liverpool will soar. People laughed at me when i suggested Gotze may join Liverpool ,they wont be laughing in the summer.

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

usb

The premiere league players and agents will be rubbing their hands come next season with all the extra cash coming to the clubs.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

themcnoisy

@dryrain: I feel a career change coming on.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

AdamNovice

I'm absolutely over the moon after my team, Middlesbrough finally clinched promotion today. So great to be back in the big time again.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Bazza78

@adf86: congrats man, middlesbrough belong in the prem, i have fond memories of the juninho, ravenelli, emerson and mendieta.Phase.

Edited on by Bazza78

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

usb

I would like to see Hull back in the Premiere League I like Steve Bruce think he is a bit of an underated manager and is always good with his players and the press. Plus Hull is my my most local team which is in the highest division so my loyalty is with them. Whoever goes up will be laughing all the way to the bank..

usb

Victor_Meldrew

Brighton, I'd like to see a new team and Houghton deserves a proper run in the prem. Tim Sherwood to get Hull promoted in 1st place next year.

Victor_Meldrew

BAMozzy

@TripleGK: The provisional squad was pretty predictable I thought. Obviously at least 3 will be dropped for the final Euro squad but with the players available because of 'injuries' and fitness concerns, it's quite predictable.

I know Rooney is the Captain but I can't see him starting - not if we want to do well. In Midfield, I think Alli and even Barkley offer more than him. Up front, all 4 offer more of a 'constant' threat but his versatility and experience may be helpful for the squad.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

usb

Looking at Rooney's stats for goals and assists really he should not be in the team as striker or midfielder. His record at any tournament is also very questionable he has rarely performed well when it comes to the crunch. Rooney can probably help the team because of his experience but not sure he should be playing.

I am not even sure what teams are in the finals. France are looking strong so would not mind them winning.

usb

usb

I do not think Rashfords earned his place. He has played well but can not see him getting game time and if thats the case then players should not be going just to experience the tournament. I would have taken Andy Carol he would have given us a dfferent striking option from the other players. Wlitshire I am not sure of either he has hardly played this season.

usb

Anchorsam_9

@Kyroki @TripleGK I reckon France will win it, but my second team this time around is gonna be Iceland. I've just got a soft spot for them because of how football mad their country is despite not being the best, and while I doubt they'll get past the round of 16, it'll be fun to see how they play. The Euros will be a lot more interesting this year thanks to there being 24 teams!

About the provisional squad - some very odd decisions from Hodgson here, the biggest one being Fabian Delph. I get that the squad will be cut down by 3 after our set of friendles, but Delph's done next to nothing for City this season - as has Wilshere for Arsenal, though he has the excuse of injury - and he's only played 17 games this season. In my opinion, Mark Noble would've been a better shout considering how well he's done for West Ham this season.

In terms of Rashford and Rooney - obviously I'm biased because I support Liverpool, but if you look at the stats it shows that they are far better options for strikers. Rooney's 11 goals and 5 assists isn't bad, as is Rashford's 7 and 2 - I get that taking a young player like Rashford is a good idea, but there are more deserving players - but if you look at Troy Deeney's 15 goals and 7 assists, or Defoe's 18 goals and 1 assist, then it shows that maybe taking those two players would've been a better idea.

The fact that we only have 3 centre-backs is worrying to, considering the squad is very midfield-heavy. Smalling is our only reliable CB right now, so I think that taking Jagielka would be a good idea in case of injuries.

Other than that, it's a strong squad! Vardy and Kane upfront excites me, as do Milner, Alli, and Dier in midfield

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

BAMozzy

@Anchorsam_9: France certainly have a good shout with home advantage. I think Spain will do OK but won't win it and Germany will certainly have to be Favourites - they seem to always hit their peak just when they need to. I can't see Italy doing well but then they always seem to do better than their club sides would have us believe they should. Funny how very few are mentioning Belgium - the highest Fifa ranked team.

I agree about Delph and see him as being a dead cert for the Cull (unless someone gets injured). Mark Noble has hada good season and think he was certainly more deserving. It seems Hodgson has gone for more high profile or flair players than grafters.

I think Dier can play in the back if needed so he does have that option and I don't know how well Jagielka has played in an under-performing Everton team. I personally wouldn't have included Rooney but as captain I guess he almost has to go. He adds a bit more versatility than Defoe or Deeney as he can play in midfield. Defoe has to feel a bit overlooked as he was the difference between EPL survival and relegation - you almost always know he will pop up in the right place and score - certainly a good option from the bench.

Its not the most 'exciting' of squads but that could also work to our advantage. England got through without dropping a point but can't think of any 'exciting' matches as such.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

BAMozzy

Big game tonight - Europa League Final. Liverpool vs Sevilla

Will you be watching? Any predictions?

I will certainly be watching but as a LFC fan I am unwilling to make a prediction. I know its ridiculous but I wouldn't want to 'jinx' it!!

WanderingBullet

I kinda want Liverpool to win but only because I want them to knock City off the fourth spot.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

BAMozzy

@WanderingBullet: How will that work??

If Liverpool win, City will still be fourth and will still qualify for the CL along with Leicester, Arsenal and Tottenham because of league position. If Liverpool win, England will have 5 teams in the Champions League instead of 4 - Liverpool won't take City's place but give us an extra CL spot. Regardless of what happens tonight, City will be unaffected. As it stands at the moment, Utd qualify for Europa from League position, Southampton because of Man City qualifying for CL via league (their league cup win Europa spot goes to Southampton) West Ham or Crystal Palace will qualify for Europa depending on the outcome of the FA Cup - Palace by winning it but if Utd win, their spot (having already qualified via 5th) from FA Cup success goes to West Ham.

The more teams we have in Europe, the more 'points' we can accrue and more likely to keep our guaranteed '4th' spot in the CL. Italy have 3 but are the closest country to be able to take that 4th spot away from England so as long as we can keep getting more 'points' than them (points are awarded for wins and getting teams further in the European competitions and is averaged out over the last 5 years), we will keep the top 4 CL spots.

Hope that makes sense...

Edited on by BAMozzy

WanderingBullet

@BAMozzy: Oops, what I meant to say is that the Europa League winner (in this case Liverpool) will get Champions League spot instead of Man City. Anyways, thanks for clearing that up.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

BAMozzy

@WanderingBullet: That won't happen. If Liverpool win, City will still be playing in the CL - England just gains an extra team so we have 5 instead of 4 teams in the competition.

@dryrain: I really hope not... I am already suffering the nervous tension - still 4 hours before kick-off

themcnoisy

@WanderingBullet: The rule has been changed so 5 English teams will jump into the Champions league in the scenario Liverpool win. Pity that wasn't the case when Tottenham were cruelly denied a place a few years back.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Bazza78

Cant believe how liverpool players all collapsed 2nd half, sevilla battered us.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic