Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 2,383

themcnoisy

@WanderingBullet: Yes

@Bazza78: Tough times ahead for you reds. Are you in Eufa cup next year or just domestic stuff?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

Man Utd win 1-0.

Rooney from the penalty spot.

Anchorsam_9

@get2sammyb Considering we lost the Europa League, I reckon Man Utd will win. Like Noisy, I think it'll be a Rooney goal to separate the teams, so I'll go 1-0

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

usb

United deserved the result should have won by many more goals it always amazes me that Fellani does not get a lot more goals he is so good in the air should be knocking in 20 a season. Rooney was quiet then did a piece of magic dribbling. Welcome Jose lets hope for better next season. Interesting next season ahead for the top clubs.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

get2sammyb

@TripleGK: Hmm. I get why they're going for him because options are, let's face it, horribly limited. I just... Worry about him. He's known for: a) Not playing youth players, which is part of the ethos of United; b) Playing boring, negative football, which is what LVG has been utterly caned by the media for.

Also, you've got all of these pundits singing his praises. I get it, he's won a staggering number of things. But, I feel like people are forgetting he literally just left Chelsea in relegation form...

Anchorsam_9

@get2sammyb Mourinho's a good manager, but if you look at his previous clubs, he always seems to do well with the established clubs - apart from Chelsea, who were a Top 4 side before he joined, he's managed Porto (one of the Big Three in Portugal) Real Madrid (no need to introduce) and Inter Milan (who won the title many times before Mourinho joined) I get that he's a good manager, it's just he's never had a real challenge. Should do well at United, though.

In all honesty, I felt a bit sorry for LVG - the media treated him awfully the entire season, and wouldn't stop asking about whether he was leaving or not. The FA Cup was never going to be enough to save him, but at least he's stuck it to the press

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

WanderingBullet

I agree with Sammy. Plus, Mourinho tends to make enemies/brakes eggs which ever club he goes to…
Even with all his success, he doesn't stay at a club for very long. Could be because he's afraid he won't be able to replicate the success of the previous season and wants to leave on a high...

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

usb

The days of United being patient are over. Moyes never had a chance because he was not given the financial backing. LVG they knew what they were getting because he always has played that same style. He did not deliver Champions league but his win rate was decent. United have not bought well in the transfer market apart from a couple. I do not think LVG has been treated well by United all these constant rumours of Jose coming in and the press he has had to deal with. The same for Man city and the way Manuel had to deal with all the Pep speculation. LVG is straight forward when he talks which did not help him in press conferences when you have such personalities as the Leicester manager and Jose who the press love its always hard.

Jose did leave Chelase in a bad state but sometimes the personalities in the dressing room cost managers the job and the bad attitude of players. They performed a bit better when he left but no where near how well performed last year. The star players for Chelsea played at a lot lower level this year. Hazard was missing for most of the seaon just average.

usb

get2sammyb

I will say on Mourinho that I do think he genuinely loves United - it's always been obvious he admires the club. And he may buy into the ethos and bend to the history of the club as a consequence.

Also, he has a point to prove on a personal level. Whatever went on last season at Chelsea, there's no better way to respond to his critics than to win the lot at United.

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb: That will be a tough ask with Carrick, Jones, Valencia and Depay.....

:/

Some terrible footy in the prem this year. Giving the ball away, rubbish defence, crazy mistakes. Next year should be a good one - Mourinho v Guardiola v Klopp v Pocchetino v Wenger v Koeman v Ranieri

How good is that?

Unfortunately I fully expect Everton to be fighting it out in relegation trouble next season alongside Burnley, West Brom, Bournmouth and Watford. Middlesbrough will do well I think and Allardyce will push Sunderland on a touch.

usb

I think Everton will be a lot better next season. The core of the team is strong and if the next manager brings through some of the youngsters I think we can do well. The youngsters who went out on loan this season have been doing well. We do need to strengthen in a few positions a new goal keeper, central defender and a good strong striker. Be good to see how the swiss striker we bought does in the Premiere league. The next manager is crucial for the team and its development.

Next season expect Sunderland, West Brom and Middlesborough to get relegated.

usb

Anchorsam_9

Completely forgot about Giggs at United. I reckon he'll leave if Mourinho doesn't offer him assistant manager - I know he's loyal to the club, but I think he really wanted that manager's position, so I wouldn't be surprised if he went on to manager a smaller club.

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

usb

Giggs needs to get experience at other clubs if he ever hopes to be United manager can not imagine Mourinho and Giggs getting along very well. I am not sure that Giggs would even make a good manager.

usb

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic