Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 10,021 to 10,040 of 10,111

ralphdibny

@MightyDemon82 feeling the same regarding games, more or less.

I'm not too upset though because it means I have time for other more productive things like chores, projects, exercise and making music.

I feel like the difference between me now and me last year is that I would have played lots of games and enjoyed most but recently I think the only game I was really compelled to play all the way through was Like A Dragon Gaiden and it was fun but I also suspect that having played 8 other games in the series meant I had a lot more invested in it.

Currently I am plodding through Sunset Overdrive, it's decent but I'm not losing my mind over it. I still need to finish Ori 2 as well. I was quite close to the end of it last year before Yakuza came out. I thought that was just decent enough too despite the fact that I absolutely loved the first Ori game.

I haven't quite got the reading bug back yet though and I still love me some CGI blockbusters 😀

Have been watching a bit more Tele lately though in general. Watched through all of Twin Peaks again over Xmas. I finished all of Frasier including the new series as my bedtime viewing recently and now I've moved onto Norm Macdonald Live. Also watching through all the newer series of the star wars shows with my partner before the Disney plus sub runs out in March.

See ya!

MightyDemon82

@ralphdibny I also have to jump back in and Finish the second Ori game. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Dune part 2 and Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, so I am not entirely over CGI movies. Maybe just bored of the style of movies Marvel is putting out and I hoped they would be more daring and adventurous with Star Wars.

I need to watch Twin Peaks, hear a lot of good things but never seen it.

MightyDemon82

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer Thoughts on whether you will play the next FFVII Remake game? (Rebirth)??

Based on what I've seen so far and what I've played of the previous game in the series, I'm down. I mean, it has a Greatsword and everything!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Bundersvessel

@MightyDemon82 Managed to get the bedding and blankets out on the line yesterday. What a time to be alive.

It’s raining sideways again today.

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

MightyDemon82

@AgentCooper 🤣 Excellent. Raining non stop here as well. All caught up with my washing. So home make supper and then probably read. Really enjoying Loudermilk at the minute on netflix, watching that with the Mrs when she's not busy!

MightyDemon82

Th3solution

@Black_Swordsman I will play FF Rebirth eventually, but not at launch. Believe it or not, I still haven’t finished FF16! 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Yeah, I’ll definitely be playing Rebirth, just not likely at launch. That could change, of course, but right now that’s my plan. Trying to clear up some of my backlog at the moment so I’m waiting until Rise of the Ronin releases before I start buying anything new again.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Right now I’m working on Sifu, which is awesome. I’m actually also wrapping up Final Fantasy VII Remake finally as well. I’ll likely move on to Amnesia: The Bunker after that. Have a few to choose from after that depending on mood, I suppose. Maybe Sonic Frontiers. I have some big ones, like Kingdom Come and Far Cry 6 but those are huge commitments. I won’t get through it all but wanted to make a conscious effort to widdle it down.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

Of course Glasgow goes worldwide viral for that awful Willy Wonka AI garbage. Of all places for it to be 😭

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Anti-Matter

Howdy. ☺
Today is 29 February 2024, a special day every 4 years happened.

Anti-Matter

Bundersvessel

There goes Richard Lewis! What a legend. I could watch him and Larry David bicker until the end of time.

R.I.P.

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I know you said you are waiting for it to release before buying anything new again, and this might sound a bit naive, but just clarify, will you be getting RotR at launch? I might, in order to play it at launch and take a break from DeS farming, plus we can bro down and share tips and tricks, if you get it, along with the others on here who are playing it at launch and can share information with us.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Yep! I’ve been waiting on Rise of the Ronin, though I did pick up the Brothers Remake on sale 😬. Apparently there is also co-op in Rise of the Ronin so it might be worth exploring that as well!

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Nice. What difficulty do you plan to play it on? I'm ashamedly going to play it on Dawn difficulty (Easy Mode) to minimize the necessity to overlevel for bosses and to just enjoy the story. I get the impression you are more of a Dusk (Normal) or Twilight (Hard) man? No other options available, from what I have read thus far.

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman I generally do a first play through on whatever the equivalent of Normal is. No shame, man. I do wonder how that will matter with co-op though. Worst case, we can still swap tips like you said!

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Yeah and just generally share our experiences/stories of the game. Should be good fun! Will you preorder it for the early unlock of (presumably op) specific weaponry/armor?

N.B After a bit of further digging I have discovered that you only get the weaponry/armor with the Digital Deluxe Edition, do you think you will go for that one or the Standard Edition?

N.B II After further research, lol I discovered that you can get the early unlocks for in-game ephemera that can be unlocked later in the game if you don't preorder it, but, yeah the items in the Digital Deluxe Edition are apparently unavailable in the Standard Edition of the game, regardless of preordering.

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman I preordered a physical version so I’d imagine that’s just a standard edition. Sometimes it comes with codes though so I guess we’ll see! Looking forward to sharing our thoughts!

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution How are you man? How's work and life? Been a while. Do you reckon you will be getting RotR at launch like me and Jimmer? Or playing it soon after or thereabouts?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic