Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 23/24 season

Posts 41 to 60 of 206

sorteddan

@QualityGeezer
Was gonna scoff at your remark but then saw I was second so to be honest I'd be good with that as well 👍

@nessisonett
I think Jimenez is more likely replacement if he can stay fit. Vini doesn't seem to have got up to pace with the Prem whenever I've seen him.

But blimey, wasn't expecting that Villa thrashing, glad I left Martinez on the bench this week!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

QualityGeezer

@sorteddan I'm so used too propping tables up sure it wont take long for normal service to resume

QualityGeezer

nessisonett

@sorteddan Jimenez staying fit would be a miracle in itself. Fulham have relied so heavily on Mitrovic and for good reason but they don’t seem to have a clear plan for the future. Not sure they can reject Saudi bids forever.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder @get2sammyb Shame to not have you competing this year but understand if you're not quite up for it right now. It's probably the least prepared I've been in a while as my tardy responses attest.

Pretty happy with my start though, I was doing well with every one of my outfield players either scoring or assisting or both. Then my two Liverpool players went and got a point each today. As a fan I knew I shouldn't have put an players in.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets To clarify, the reasons I'm not participating this season is nothing to do with anyone on the forums. I think you do a decent job. The people that do it where I work, with 30+ participants, issue out way less updates and stuff.

Not sure exactly why I've fallen off the wall this year. Just found myself not caring so much about football in general over the last few years.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

My season’s somehow dead already.

sorteddan

@nessisonett
Well there's always next season 😉

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@sorteddan Hahaha, I spent all last season playing catch up and unless there’s a miracle then I’m not sure it’s possible to pick up that many points that everybody else misses out on!

Gremio108

It looks like I'm planning to follow the same strategy as last year and pick the worst possible captain each week. It's a skill, in a way.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Mostik

Can't believe they have dropped the value of De Bruyne and held the value of Mings, bit shady that, I have both players (Mings on the bench) but can't swap both out without a points penalty and losing money!

Mostik

BearsEatBeets

Great first week for me, although I had the same last season but followed it with four or five rubbish ones. Hoping that doesn't repeat itself.

It could be a season for bold/foolish (delete as applicable) captaining of players other than Haaland. There could be mayhem if he picks up an injury this season. It's a good job he played the first week as I only just realised I hadn't set my vice-captain and it was set as Ramsdale in goal!

@nessisonett do you remember how long it took for your team name to be sorted? I'm still pending moderation.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

I've literally just read that Arsenal have signed Raya so I now have both of their keepers and 4 players. I'm going to be forced to swap one next time I tinker which will hinder my options.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Couple of weeks I think, must be a nightmare to find a human to check the name with however many millions play the game.

sorteddan

I effing love Kaoru Mitoma

Edited on by sorteddan

BearsEatBeets

Oh man I hope all my team plays. I've just checked up on it and seen Mac Alister is my first sub.

BearsEatBeets

sorteddan

@BearsEatBeets
I'd considered bringing him in this week but had to use my free transfer to replace the (once again) injured Reece James, lucky for me I guess. And looking at your team I would think they should all get some minutes, even if Barnes/Alvarez coming off the bench.

Edited on by sorteddan

BearsEatBeets

@sorteddan yeah I'm in the position of them even playing just 10 minutes or something is beneficial. You're right they are probably the only 2 that I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for.
Reece James really does seem to struggle to stay fit for quite a while now. I hope it's just an unlucky spell as the guy has a lot of talent and potential and would hate for him to go through his career like this.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Another bit of a shocker this week. Not a good week all round, Rodgers is as garbage as I expected him to be too.

BearsEatBeets

Finally confirmed I've dodged the Mac Allister minus points. With my 4 Arsenal player situation combined with a few players I want to swap it might be time for my first wildcard 😁.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Hope everyone has noticed it's yet another Friday deadline for the gameweek. We seem to be starting off with quite a few Friday games, I wonder how long they will keep doing them?
Despite being very happy with my start I've used my first wildcard and made several changes.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic