Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,454

kyleforrester87

@Ryall I can think of an instance where I’d hurt my foot (it was actually an arthritis issue if I remember correctly, I had a lot of problems like that at one point), and I remember going for a drive after it had gotten better to see how it felt before committing to a longer journey (I used to travel quite a bit in and out of London on the motorway for work). That seemed like the most sensible thing to do at the time.. I dunno, you could spin it I guess but it did make sense when I did it.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ryall

@kyleforrester87 Was it a concern that you wouldn’t be able to press the break hard and fast enough in an emergency?

Ryall

kyleforrester87

@Ryall not that I recall, but obviously if something doesn’t feel right after 15-20 minutes you can apply common sense and assume it’s probably going to feel worse/much worse after 4-5 hours, at which point you are in a better position to make a judgement, I think.

kyleforrester87

nessisonett

If he’d just apologised, it would have been unfortunate but people would have moved on. Unfortunately, the Tories have already used breaking lockdown as an excuse to get rid of several enemies. For the cabinet to say there’s nothing wrong with what he did and that we’re the ones at fault for being outraged, that’s inexcusable. It’s an affront to all those NHS nurses that haven’t seen their kids in months to keep them safe, or the ones that have already died. He flouted the rules and then used his position to get away with it, simple as that.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

The initial wave of the antibody tests is 95% in and we have a rough idea that 6.78% of the population have had coronavirus. That's with the deaths posted as almost 38,000 - in reality the over average deaths stated by the ONS is just under 60,000. Crikey.

That's roughly 1 in 75 people who contract coronavirus, die of it. That's flipping mad.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

Just had my antibody test results and have the coronavirus antibodies. This was only performed as I was having bloods taken for a B12 deficiency brought on by an ongoing fight with graves desease and I've had some weird medical issues. It's good news, thought I contracted it in Disneyland and have been proven correct. Fortunately when I was recovering I had 3-4 days off and was well when I returned to work (prior to the initial March guidance) hopefully only passing it to my immediate family once back in the UK.

My wife now thinks she was the person who took it into her job and is feeling guilty. Most of her co workers got covid-19 and had to isolate. I've told her it's not her fault but she was pretty upset earlier.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy not necessarily Disney Land, you could have had no symptoms or had it very mildly (funny as I have felt a bit off once or twice during lock down, you never know!)

But, good news I think.

kyleforrester87

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy I'm really interested to see if we have had it as we all had very mild symptoms after coming into contact with some people who had but so mild I don't think we did.

Your wife though shouldn't feel bad. If the advice that was available at the time was followed by you guys, you could do nothing wrong. Back in the early days you had to have a cough and high temp AND have been in contact with someone from an infected region. Hopefully though this should give you guys some immunity as we reopen the country.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

R1spam

Just read an interesting article about how Dominic Cummings wife got her job for the spectator by writing about her road trip across Texas. Have we thought about his wife driving rather than him? Man is an a#$e and should go, the excuses are so poor I almost feel like we are being trolled.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

kyleforrester87

@R1spam Dominic Cummings was so 3 days ago man, come on. Ventilators is the hot topic right now. Or England coming out of lock down 2 weeks earlier than Scotland. Or is it testing. I forget.

kyleforrester87

ApostateMage

The footy season is coming back! That's the real topic.

ApostateMage

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87
416themcnoisySat 22nd Feb 2020
EditDeleteReplyQuoteReport
@Jaz007 I've never felt so bad. Feel a bit better today, headaches, muscles killing, pain in my glands in my neck, chest pain, sweating, freezing etc been really rough. Thought I was dieing 2 nights ago. I don't think I'm well enough to drive yet and luckily had 3 days off before I'm back in work Sunday. If Coronavirus is worse than that......

That's from the 22nd of Feb a few days after Disneyland, Maybe Dominic Cummings was right to go for a drive lol. Forgot about that.

@Rudy_Manchego worth getting a test, if anything it will give you confidence about your next steps.

I remember going to bathroom mirror and looking myself in the eye wondering what the heck was wrong with me. I couldn't move as I was freezing but boiling and my head couldn't think straight. It's hard to describe. I didn't have a cough but my throat was killing me. We had a cleaner who used to come on a Thursday, she dropped in and I could not get out of bed as I was too unwell. This is not like me at all. To point out as well I was suffering straight after disneyland - I would have been shedding to the guy next to me on the plane, the assistance at the airport who helped with my wife (we stood talking for 30 minutes at departures as my wife uses a wheelchair in airports). The coach driver (I sat next to him both to and from disneyland he looked awful when he dropped us off). People queuing for rides. And OMG I gave Cinderella Coronavirus!!!

R1spam

@kyleforrester87 ahh, quietly move on, draw a line under it, nothing to see here (pun intended). I thought today's magic topic was contact tracing and how to do it for loads of people without an app, or then having an app that means government knows exactly where you are with an advisor who has a history of being unscrupulous with folks data. Never mind at least its sunny, I can see my family in person for the first time since lockdown finished tomorrow and games are still fun!

XBOX: Placebo G

kyleforrester87

@R1spam Exactly, better not to waste your energy getting angry right now. You'll need it in a few months when the marauders are banging on your front door.

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@R1spam it's just a load of lies. But we need to move on and bring it up in the future. Cummings is in grey area territory so no point banging the drum he's not going to go.

The Liverpool deputy mayor was having a party in April with 10 people, that kind of stuff is damn wrong. The medical bloke having an affair and Scottish health Secretary checking on second homes are all unnecessary. As much as Dom Cummings has done wrong, he's used a trump card in 'protecting his children' it's a ton of crap but there's not much you can do.

Doesn't change the fact people who have really suffered in similar scenarios shouldn't be glossed over. Bring it up in the enquiry which will follow.

nessisonett

It’s interesting that we’re leaving lockdown after England despite having a whole lot less deaths, statistically. Good thing healthcare’s devolved, I might not agree with everything but I agree with this.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett until literally today the parts of London I’m usually about in haven’t seemed particularly more busy than before restrictions were lifted 2 weeks ago (although it has slowly been getting busier) but this afternoon it was like any regular pre-lockdown levels of busy. I’m not saying this is good/bad but we all need to be careful. I’m trying my best but I don’t think I am going to be able to avoid it in all honesty, if I haven’t already had it without knowing.

Had to go into a shop this afternoon for some milk, it’s just not possible to be 2 meters apart. You can just about queue up in the narrow isles a meter apart, then you get shoppers jumping between the gaps picking stuff off shelves 😂

kyleforrester87

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy Can you get antibody tests yet if you have no other medical issues yet?

That’s the thing though about this, it is so easy to spread. If the advice had been different at that time you would have stopped any contact as soon as you had symptoms. I had a full symptoms at the end of jan and feb and was very ill. It is likely we had community transmission then but I carried on as normal. Prob wasn’t coronavirus given date but I was very ill for a week. I travel a lot for work so meh who knows.

I mean I travelled a lot for work. Now I sit in a small room.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I actually think our local shops have been pretty good, they’ve moved boxes around to force us to go down the aisles in a specific order, making it easier to control the flow. Even in my tiny local, there’s stickers on the ground to make you stand at least a bit away from each other. I have noticed a huge increase in people roaming the streets though, taps aff weather means there’s a load off to the beaches as well. At the end of the day, if they’re getting it then hopefully they won’t be giving it to me.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.