Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 2,454

Octane

At least they're not raiding the stores.

Octane

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett it’s Nisa I’m talking about, to be honest now that I say it I realise I’ve only been going in there because it’s faster than lining up for the Tesco across the road. But that’s because they are not being as strict as Tesco so I’ll start following my own advice from Monday, being more careful and staying clear of Nisa.

Not that it’ll help much, all my colleagues will carry on using Nisa I’m sure!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 We’ve got a Shopsmart and a Co-op across the road and they’ve both been great. The guy in the Shopsmart stockpiled toilet rolls from the wholesale to sell to us when everything was just starting to get bad. What a legend.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego I don't think so unfortunately. My post symptoms are quite severe, had them since February and got worse in March. They are now subsiding - skin rash, tingling in my hands and feet, spinney head when I am sat down (like when you stand up quickly). My Dr may have even gone 3rd party - I didn't question it at the time, just glad I now know.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy Urgh, spinny head doesn’t sound nice at all. I used to get it all the time when I was younger but getting it while sat down? That’s properly grim.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

@themcnoisy
Man, that sounds rough, hope you make a full recovery soon. Never really hear about post symptoms on the news.

LieutenantFatman

R1spam

@themcnoisy I get what your saying but frankly I'm not there, not by a long shot. Enquiries rarely reveal sod all. It's just too bloody blatant. Hope your feeling better soon though, sounds like your pretty grim.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

themcnoisy

@R1spam tell anyone and everyone. Dont forget how it's making you feel and vote with your vote when we next get the chance.

To be honest with the way this coronavirus has been handled - I can't imagine another Tory government for a while after the next general electiin. Unless of course Covid 19 runs and runs and we don't find a vaccine.

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy Oh crap mate didn’t realise the symptoms were still ongoing. This is such a horrendous virus

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego I was already messed up before it mate so don't worry. Graves disease is when your immune system attacks your thyroid. I've been on meds since 2015. No idea what set that off. I have managed it to the letter and am usually just slightly over at my consultations. It hasn't caused me problems after the first instance, however In most people they can be weened off the drugs and the levels stabalise, that's not the case with me. Anyhow the other tests are for ongoing autoimmune problems, it's all connected to a degree and made worse by having coronavirus in February.

Now it's been found my red blood cells are lower due to my low levels of B12, I've never had an issue until after February. My last 3 blood tests taken in the last 3 months are all under 130 (whatever that means I don't know) usually it's between 200-1000 according to my Dr.

That still didn't explain some other symptoms so gave me the full hit of blood tests and now need to have 6 injections whenever they restart it and an injection of B12 every 3 months afterwards. Im going to have either a radioactive iodine for my thyroid most likely within the next year or have it removed and take synthetic thyroxine for the rest of my life too.

So that's my biography. Coronavirus just sped up the process which was messing me up. Probably my own immune response. I find out more on the 4th of June and will know what to do thereafter.

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy Geez mate - sounds tough. I have some relatives that have thyroid issues of different types and it causes so many issues.

I wonder how much impact and strain covid-19 is going to have on pre-existing conditions such as yourself. You may have recovered from the actual virus but it had had a long term impact. My boss had it and he is still on medication for high blood pressure which he never suffered from before. Good luck with your tests and let us know how you get on.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

R1spam

@themcnoisy I wouldn't normally post any advice RE symptoms online but given your history of autoimmune disorders and recent fall in B12, might be worth asking about whether your intrinsic factor antibodies have been checked? Intrinsic factor binds B12 allowing its absorption in the gut with antibodies to this stopping its function.

themcnoisy

@R1spam They have been checked already, I have those antibodies. That's why I need to have B12 injections for the rest of my life. But that hasn't started yet, or even given a start date, due to the Pandemic. Good knowledge though Spam, I hadn't heard of it until recently.

@Rudy_Manchego Thyroid issues are an unseen issue. Most people I have ever met, when I have tried to explain, think I'm joking or that it's not bad. Other than if they have one too. And to be fair it's not that bad if it's under control, I suppose it's like diabetics controlling their insulin levels but over a drawn out process with bloods every couple of months. My levels won't stabalise so it just runs on and on. The thyroid issue is because my immune system attacks it, so the actual issue isn't my thyroid but immune system. That has no cure or if there is, no one's ever even mentioned it.

Anyway getting away from spilling my guts about my health issues, the protests in America must have spread the virus. Everyone was standing dead close together and shouting, so a ton of aerosols floating around. I'm not going to talk about the valid protests or the cray riots, other than to say - I keep hearing that violence is not the answer, but the only reason it's getting so much coverage over here, is in part, because of the violence. That's all I have to add into that situation and I hope for our Bros and Sisters over the pond, they can overcome the obvious and clear racism and move forward a more together and harmonious nation. Stay safe in every way!

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Thanks for the well-wishes for our country, boss. I’ve advocated non-violent social protest, but you’re right - nothing gets things moving and spreads the news like an all out riot. On one hand I see that side of things too. They’ve been trying non-violent means all along and it hasn’t changed things.

I’ve been busy of late so I’m just now reading this thread about your coronavirus antibody coming back positive. I do totally remember a couple months ago when your were so sick! Wow, that’s freaky. Here’s hoping things get normal soon.

As for the B12 - I think you can get sublingual B12 drops that you place under your tongue which absorb straight into your blood and are close to the effectiveness of the injections. I know someone who takes that for their B12 problem. Apparently the swallowed pill supplements won’t get into your system nearly as well, but the sublingual bypasses any need for metabolism in your stomach, just like the injections. So if it’s going to be a while until they can set up the shots, then maybe you can pick up the drops in the meantime. Or at least ask your doctor about it.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

I take it no one should be surprised to hear from me in that despite the primary school I work at now being officially open as the easing of lockdown occurs...

... We've had barely any children coming in that weren't already.

The entirety of Year Six for example consists of only six students. Three of them were already coming in anyway due to having key worker parents and no other family members able to look after them.

Most of the parents I've talked to over the phone to ask them why they've not sent so and so in are saying they won't send them in til September.

... This is going to be an interesting and mentally draining week I can tell already 😧

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Rudy_Manchego

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Wow - I am not sure if I am surprised or not... my wife's charity run pre-school where she teaches had so few pupils returning that they decided to keep closed until September.

I don't, in theory, have a problem with schools slowly going back but I think each of thse moves should be in isolation. Like just schools start to go back, but no other easing of lockdown. That way you can really measure the impact in transmission. Right now with everyone now giving up on quarantine how will we know if it is the parks, or restrictions being lifted or schools that cause a second spike.

HallowMoonshadow

I don't blame anyone who hasn't sent thier child in @Rudy_Manchego as if my kids were primary school age (Or even secondary school age) I'd have probably kept them home too.

We've only got two classes per year group so with the lower numbers and only Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 coming in it is rather managable at the moment.

If all the years were coming in (And the pupils actually did come in) I'm not quite sure how we'd cope trying to distance them all.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Well, I am glad to hear you guys aren't being drowned in children right now. Trying to control younger children especially can often be akin to herding cats anyway.

If I had a child, I'd totally be home schooling them right now. We don't let our nephew go out at all right now, because, invariably, he keeps touching his face, or sticking his fingers in his mouth. You get the idea.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy If it helps; our National Institute for Public Health conducted a research and found out that children have a smaller chance of contracting the virus and transmitting it. It was the reason why primary schools were the first thing that was reopened a while back. However, I should also mention that children only go to school half the time; so classes are only half occupied. And fortunately it hasn't lead to an increase in cases or deaths; the numbers are still going down steadily, with only a few new cases here and there.

Octane

R1spam

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy my daughter has been at a hub 3 days a week during this whole thing as both my partner and I are key workers and genuinely was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make. Turns out hub schooling has been a god send. We are luckier in that we are in an area that hasn't been to badly hit and in the end, the mental health aspect of being separated from all other kids likely would have been far worse. if I had been in London or Birmingham that decision would have been much harder. I genuinely dont know what school will look like for her after the summer and wish you well over the coming months planning that for the kids you teach! Reacting to central government decree when your profession hasn't had a great deal of input is a nightmare!!

Sorry, this topic has been locked.