Forums

Topic: Top 5 PS5 games

Posts 101 to 105 of 105

KilloWertz

@Unlucky13 Have you considered dropping the difficulty? Not knocking your struggles or anything as I've dropped the difficulty in some games if I was getting too frustrated to enjoy it. I dropped the difficulty down to Easy in Kena for the boss fights and then back up to Normal after each boss fight. My second playthrough of Horizon Zero Dawn at the beginning of the year to get ready for Forbidden West was on Easy as parts of that game really frustrated me back in the day too. I wanted to just enjoy the gameplay and brush up on the story again. I didn't care about a challenge, and I definitely enjoyed it even more this time around.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Unlucky13

@KilloWertz I've been forced to scale down from normal mode to easy mode for boss fights in some games before too, sadly. On The Witcher 3, even on my second playthrough at maximum level, I couldn't do it. Felt pretty shameful.

Normally, my tactic is to just overlevel and over prepare. Take it slowly and methodically, and make sure that I'm strong enough to move on. Its been my way since the NES days. But some games just tend to through things at you very fast and over and over sometimes these days, and my character ends up getting their butt kicked.

Unlucky13

KilloWertz

@Unlucky13 I used to always want to finish games on Normal, and I still do more often than not, because there used to be difficulty trophies for a lot of games. So I figured I'd get two trophies for Easy and Normal instead of replaying the game again in order to get both. Nowadays that's pretty rare to have difficulty trophies. Still, there's no shame in dropping the difficulty down or doing things in the game in order to try to enjoy the game better. Playing games is supposed to be about having fun, which I know you already know that, but I still said it.

I didn't used to drop the difficulty down in any games, so that did cause me to not finish some games like I would now. I've never been what I would consider to be a good gamer, but I manage to make it through most games on Normal. I beat Forbidden West on Normal without getting too frustrated, unlike with Zero Dawn that parts of nearly broke me. Maybe it helped that I had recently replayed Zero Dawn, I dunno.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Lavalera

@Unlucky13 Nothing wrong with changing the difficulty in a game. I also change the difficulty to easy if I get stuck otherwise, I game for fun mostly and when I keep banging my head against a wall it doesn't feel like fun anymore. So for some bosses in some games I go down to easy when they are tough. And just like @KilloWertz is saying there aren't many difficulty trophies anymore. You can get the platinum for Hfw with doing everything on the easiest setting.

Control doesn't have a slider though but it has assist mode. You can basically set a few different options like how much damage you take from bullets and such, so when it's to difficult you can always turn that on and play around with the settings until you feel comfortable.

PSNid: Lavalera

RogerRoger

@Unlucky13 [raises hand as somebody who played through Horizon Forbidden West on the lowest difficulty setting and still got Aloy killed on more than one occasion]

So long as you're having fun, there's no "right" or "wrong" way to play a game that comes with options.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Sorry, this topic has been locked.