Forums

Topic: Lords of the Fallen (2023)

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Black_Swordsman

Thinking of getting this game and rather selfishly decided to start this thread to gain impressions of the game from you guys. Also to allow and open up a space for people to share their experiences, trade tips and more.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nitram2k11

I'm really enjoying it, the levels are well designed, the game has the Dark Souls level of exploration and the lamp/twin world mechanic is actually really really good, not to mention a great way to add some platforming puzzles to the game.

nitram2k11

PSN: nitram2k11

JohnnyShoulder

Its called Lords of the Fallen cos the jumping in the game is a bit rubbish...

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Elodin

@TheBrandedSwordsman while I havnt played it myself I did watch most of a full play through. My biggest detractors were very little enemy verity over time. It also had many bugs, but I believe they were mostly patched out. Overall it looks fun though. I'll get it down the road as the duo world mechanic and class choices looks fun.

Elodin

CJD87

I'm keen to hear more also... as it seems to have had somewhat of a shaky landing in terms of reception (critics + fans of the genre)
Currently playing through Lies of P, which I approached with v low expectations... but honestly, it is now probably my favorite non-FromSoft Souls-y game

CJD87

KAIRU

Is this a direct sequel to the first LOTF instalment? I'm wondering if it's required — though I'm sure it's recommended — to play through the original title before playing this?

I'll be in no rush to get it as I've got a lot of games I'm planning to get round to so it's not massively high on my priority list, but it'll be nice to know for future reference.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

JohnnyShoulder

@KAIRU I thought it was more of a reboot of the series rather than a direct sequel. Although I think it is set in the same world, just thousands of years after the events of the first game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KAIRU

@JohnnyShoulder Ah, interesting! The world building in the game looks incredible! I’ve seen a tiny bit of gameplay and it looks great. Might be worth picking up on a sale once I clear the backlog a bit!

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

Black_Swordsman

@nitram2k11 What sort of build are you using? Is it comparable to any of the traditional DkS builds? Zweihander (GiantDad) or Greatsword (Berserk Guts) for example?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nitram2k11

@TheBrandedSwordsman So currently I'm dual wielding a short sword and a long sword.

Builds are a bit different in this game, you only need to put enough in the stats to use the weapon, most of the damage improvements come from upgrading weapons and slotting runes into them.

nitram2k11

PSN: nitram2k11

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic