Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 6,465

nessisonett

Absolutely fantastic, turns out that hard crash in Control has buggered my save. Can’t progress any further so I looked it up and people 10 months ago were having the same issue. So they just haven’t patched it despite bringing out paid DLC in the months since? I’m going to have to start the whole mission again because it’s utterly f*cked beyond all belief. And this is after restoring the save because the other one was corrupted.

Yep, the mission select apparently just dumps you at your save right when it started so I’ve lost about 3 hours of gameplay. How the hell was this not patched months ago?

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett That sucks, dude. I'm defo waiting for a next-gen system re-release to play it after hearing this.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah @KratosMD After skipping cutscenes and stuff, I managed to get back to where I was but that’s still one of the worst cases I’ve had on PS4. Star Wars Jedi was bad, but it never completely glitched out and forced me to start a whole section over again. You just expect a certain level of quality control from a title this big.

RogerRoger

@KratosMD I think I had knowledge of your Xbox360 copy somewhere in the back of my brain, as I know you're somebody who likes to play on the original hardware where possible and you might've therefore mentioned picking it up before (so that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it; apologies for being an idiot!). Here's hoping you enjoy the game and its DLC which, yeah, I kinda liked as well.

@nessisonett Son of a beachball, dude, that's appalling. I'm real sorry you lost all that progress, and I really hope it doesn't happen to you again during your playthrough. That's simply inexcusable.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

After the Oddworld remake for a palette cleanser, I've gone back for the Left Behind DLC for TLOU1 which I never played on PS3.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Ah yes streaming is a no go at the moment!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

Th3solution wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Actually, I think you’re about to overtake me. 😅

... Well that's a teensy bit embarassing that I've stormed through it so quickly 😳

Th3solution wrote:

But I’m have a grand time with Bloodstained, and I might just finish it off this weekend unless I suddenly get sick of it. So I guess we’re even there. 😂

True... But I already know where to go for the next 4 bosses at least so I can catch-up easy in Bloodstained @Th3solution!

Glad to here you're enjoying it. Wasn't quite sure as I seem to recall you mentioning with RogerRoger you don't usually get the "Metroidvania" genre if I remember correctly... It's partially why I mentioned how in my Iconoclasts review a few weeks back how that doesn't really follow that structure all that much and has a much greater focus on narrative

Th3solution wrote:

And I’m going to roll right into Ghost of Tsushima when I finish Bloodstained, and maybe before. I had a goal to play at least one of the big games at release with the release folks to get the full “mass community” experience with a new game. (This was before we came up with Game Club, which is kind of the same thing with older games). So I’m a goal driven kinda guy and GoT is the last game on PS4 that I definitely want to get into. I’m not sold yet on Cuberpunk at release, nor Avengers or the Ubisoft games coming. So this is my last chance to be one of the cool release day “in crowd” 😂

Well I can see in that thread you're already enjoying it quite a bit. Good luck on cleaning out your ps4 though!

Th3solution wrote:

But speaking playing things in groups — have you been tempted to hurry and buy all the Danganronpa games before they drop off the store? I know you said you were fine waiting for a sale, but clearly a sale is not likely to come anytime soon. I guess everyone is pretty sure they’ll come back eventually under a different publisher, but unknown when. I have all of them on physical so I’m good.

I don't think I explained it or myself quite right last time it seems (and perhaps it even ties into this new publisher deal)

The official NIS America europe store had a sale on for physical copies of V3 going for £17 or so and I unfortunately missed out on it, didn't know that storefront was a thing in fact until it was too late.

Seeing as I know I like the series now (As seems to be the case with Cold Steel by the way things are going) I'm quite happy paying £30 for it physically as it seems to go for (Though the triple pack is only £40 so I might dip for that to get 1-2 Reload physically as well as V3)

I don't mind saving a nice chunk of change like anyone of course but now it's it's not an unknown entity to me I'm quite happy to splash my cash for it

Not in a rush though as it should be fine to hold off for a while... I hope 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

LieutenantFatman

Think I've finished with Bloodstained at this point, at least for now anyway. Just purchased Moonlighter and started playing that today, liking it a lot so far. Running a shop on top of all the dungeon adventuring is a simple but really fun idea.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

I had no idea just how connected Control was to Alan Wake, it’s essentially a sequel. I expected some Easter eggs here and there but nope, it just straight up connects directly to the plot of both games. I’m sorta enjoying it now, the combat is still just not quite there and it takes ages to traverse the map but the core gameplay loop isn’t bad at all.

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Awesome to hear! You're making me wanna replay it again, despite having done so quite recently (I think I ruined my immersion, as I spent most of the game in the unlockable Agent 47 suit, bald head and everything, so I'm thinking it didn't count)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

That’s the credits rolled on Control so just going to polish off the last couple of trophies for the platinum and I’ll be done! I have mixed feelings about the game, when it’s good it’s really good but my interest wavered throughout the playthrough. The final few hours are outstanding though, from the Ashtray Maze right through to the final credits. Interested to see where the bizarrely interconnected Remedy Cinematic Universe goes next!

nessisonett

Played the first 3 chapters of The Evil Within, seriously enjoying it so far. Another game I can’t believe was on PS3 because the environments are pretty detailed. It really does feel like an extension of Resi 4, there’s loads of nods to it and the gameplay’s a more refined version of that game’s. Granted, the boss fights are brutal. The chainsaw guy was insanely difficult but I’m probably just bad.

Ralizah

Downloaded Erica. 11GB or so. OK, seems reasonable. Those FMVs take up a lot of space.

Then I get a ways in and it stops me, saying it needs to download more. I go to my downloads tab and the game ends up being 40 GB. WTF

It's really cool using the phone to control the game, though, even if certain elements of the control scheme could be better. The connection was instantaneous at the start after I booted into the app. Very cool.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Would you recommend The Evil Within then? I loved Resi 4 and completed the Gamecube version, should go back to it on PS4 at some point. Is it about the same level of challenge then? 'Cause I didn't exactly struggle with that game.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic The normal difficulty is way harder than Resi 4, that’s for sure. Even with checkpoints, I’ve died a lot. I’d recommend it though, it’s a bit rough around the edges but I’ve found myself enjoying it a lot.

nessisonett

Wow, I can safely say that Chapters 9 and 10 of The Evil Within are some of the best sections from a horror game I’ve played. Loads of nods to Resi, with a whole area and puzzles inspired by the original game and then it nose dives into absolute carnage. Chapter 10 is even capped off with a boss fight against a massive monster that looks like something out of Bloodborne. The whole game feels like if Mikami tried to make a Silent Hill game, with the nuance replaced with balls-to-the-wall action.

Thrillho

@Arugula I really enjoyed the first game and found the story quite interesting, until the ridiculous ending.

Such a shame that the second game gave up on any semblance of plot. The complete bullet sponge nature of enemies really grated on me the second time round too.

Thrillho

Kidfried

MediEvil. I'm really pushing to complete this game. The general concept of the game I really like, and most of the gameplay works out alright enough for me to just have some simple fun.

It's just too bad the devs did nothing to this remake except enhance the visuals. Camera in most of the levels? Terrible. Game breaking bugs? Plenty. Getting stick in walls? Yup. Frame rate drops in some parts? That too.

I really like how the devs improved the look of the game, but this game really needed a bit more than that.

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

My Name Is Mayo. Great, wholesome, simplistic, predictable fun. It's a brilliant, Dadaist anti-game work of art, a masterpiece , deceptive in it's simplicity, which belies an entire world of unlockable rewards and trophies. I predict it will be an incredibly easy platinum, if it's reputation as being so is anything to go by.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

Damn you @themcnoisy I decided to give City Skylines a go after seeing your posts and I’m being sucked in now.

I was originally finding the loop of “build houses, build services/industry, build more houses” a bit tedious but now I’ve started upgrading the traffic system, adding more highway access points, and installing cycle lanes and Knobsville is thriving!

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic