Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 6,458

nessisonett

I played the first few hours of Control. The combat’s almost fun, I expect it to be better once I unlock more abilities though. The frame rate is god-awful but I think it’s coming to PS5 so that would probably sort it. I like the aesthetic, very Cold War-esque but something about the visuals or camera makes my head hurt really badly, I can only play it for an hour or two at a time.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

PSVR_lover

Playing Everybodies Golf VR, I am enjoying it, love the caddies.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

HallowMoonshadow

... I totally haven't been playing Trails of Cold Steel every evening and I certainly haven't nearly finished the second chapter having stopped right before (what I assume) is the last part of the chapter By going under the waterway😅

So I'm still enjoying it at the moment thankfully! I wish I could change the difficulty during the game because I am finding the standard battles fairly easy at times... Bosses and the mini bosses are usually a challenge though so it kinda balances itself out

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

I finished Oddworld New ‘n’ Tasty earlier and missed one mudokon.. Luckily the chapter select function lets you replay the section so I can go back and snag the last bugger (and get my gold trophy).

Thrillho

nessisonett

Played some more Control and it’s starting to sorta pick up the pace. It strangely feels like a Metroid game, with all the sectors and grunt enemies. It’s pretty good though, it’s holding my interest at least.

Also, what on Earth is up with Jesse’s jaw? The actress irl doesn’t have a weird misaligned jaw but in game, it’s like Mass Effect Andromeda levels of odd mouth animations. The other characters’ animations are pretty good as well, her mouth just creeps me out.

Edited on by nessisonett

Th3solution

nessisonett wrote:

Also, what on Earth is up with Jesse’s jaw... her mouth just creeps me out.

Have you seen your avatar lately? 😂 Ironic.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Hey, that was at least a glitch!

Bentleyma

Now playing Ghost of Tsushima. Taking a break from SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris. Not sure if I'll carry on with it or not. It's alright, but it's very time consuming... took me 25 hours to finish Chapter 1 of 6.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett If you can tolerate the technical hiccups and the story gels with you, Control can be a fantastic experience. I found the the combat so much fun especially later on when you have more powers and you can mix things up (you kinda have to defeat some of the enemies). It defo has a Metroid feel about as some bosses and areas you can't reach until you have a specific power.

Didn't notice anything strange about Jesse's jaw though. 🤔 About the only thing in the game I didn't find weird lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ApostateMage

I finished Control during a week's trial of PS Now and loved it. It was quite eerie, had a very interesting story, some memorable characters and that 9 minute Ashtray Maze section was amazing! I'm definitely buying this for PS5.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@ApostateMage Oh yeah the ashtray maze was immense. Think everything fell into place (literally in places) perfectly. The music, visuals and what happens with the environment was a thrill to experience!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Got my first hard crash in Control, expect it to be the first of many given the vast technical issues. I feel like half the games I’ve played this year have felt like a technical mess, this, FF7 Remake and Star Wars Jedi all had loads of issues. Considering it’s the end of this gen, I expected a bit more polish. It’s been quite a few years since Assassin’s Creed Unity after all.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Are you streaming this through PS NOW are have you downloaded it?

HallowMoonshadow

Thrillho wrote:

I finished Oddworld New ‘n’ Tasty earlier and missed one mudokon.. Luckily the chapter select function lets you replay the section so I can go back and snag the last bugger (and get my gold trophy).

My god that sounds so useful @Thrillho.

All the little things you've said about it really make New 'n' Tasty sound so much more accessible and a lot less frustrating then the original... Cheers for the info I'll be putting this on the list!

You're locked into the difficulty setting @KratosMD from the start.

I checked last night in the options and there's no toggle plus when you start a new game it tells you to change it you have to start a new game (Which I remembered seeing but wasn't 100% sure on).

Bit of a shame but that's ok. I'll probably give hard a whirl on a second playthrough.

I'm playing it on normal at the moment and Chapter 3 is a bit harder against the random mobs in the overworld (Though that might be because you only get single advantage while on horseback). This area really is quite big!

Really enjoying the battle system. Reminds me a fair bit of Shadow Hearts with the spells having lines of attack or varying sizes of radius. Just I don't think you could move your characters about in that which is a little odd (but then again I rarely move my characters with the command in Cold Steel so it sorta works out lol )

Emma & Silver Thorn though is a winning combination for me at the moment. She does 1500-1600 damage easy at the moment with my quartz and equipment set up on her. Magic is really quite good in this! My Giaus also has 5000 hp and ridiculous atk to boot.

I know you're playing Trails of Cold Steel a bit more on and off @Th3solution compared to me (I've kinda neglected Bloodstained this week in fact) ... I haven't overtaken you though have I?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I think with Control the technical issues might have something do with how destructible the environment is. It will be interesting to see how they play on PS5.

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Glad you're enjoying Sleeping Dogs for what it is. Many other games have done all of its component parts better over the years, but it holds everything together pretty well. Are you playing the Definitive Edition on current consoles, or an original last-gen copy?

EDIT: I just realised which topic we're in. Ignore my silly question!

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Downloaded from PS Now, the limits due to Coronavirus make most games borderline unplayable!

PSVR_lover

I am playing Raging Loop, a very strange visual novel.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Actually, I think you’re about to overtake me. 😅 But I’m have a grand time with Bloodstained, and I might just finish it off this weekend unless I suddenly get sick of it. So I guess we’re even there. 😂
And I’m going to roll right into Ghost of Tsushima when I finish Bloodstained, and maybe before. I had a goal to play at least one of the big games at release with the release folks to get the full “mass community” experience with a new game. (This was before we came up with Game Club, which is kind of the same thing with older games). So I’m a goal driven kinda guy and GoT is the last game on PS4 that I definitely want to get into. I’m not sold yet on Cuberpunk at release, nor Avengers or the Ubisoft games coming. So this is my last chance to be one of the cool release day “in crowd” 😂

But speaking playing things in groups — have you been tempted to hurry and buy all the Danganronpa games before they drop off the store? I know you said you were fine waiting for a sale, but clearly a sale is not likely to come anytime soon. I guess everyone is pretty sure they’ll come back eventually under a different publisher, but unknown when. I have all of them on physical so I’m good.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The combination of quicksaving, continuous screen scrolling (i.e. not loading up individual screens like the original), and having health makes the game so much easier than the original.

I did use a guide for where to find hidden areas just due to the sheer number of them, and the fact that some are through trapdoors or hatches which I would have had no idea about otherwise.

I think my run took just over six hours which felt just enough.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic