Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 6,461

Black_Swordsman

Dark Souls 3: The Fire Fades Edition, I look forward to doing The Ringed City DLC with my modified Branded Swordsman build, I have already beaten the main game twice and recently reached the Catacombs of Carthus. I am also playing Catherine: Full Body's Rapunzel stages after beating the main game recently.

Take note, the Branded Swordsman build is based on Guts from Berserk, which I have just started reading today, feel free to discuss that with me in the manga/anime discussion thread. Here's a pic of my character in the game.

https://satchel-cdn.api.playstation.com/generic/permanent/ACT...

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

mookysam

Spyro the Dragon is massively enjoyable @KratosMD. I haven't played the remake yet, although only played the original for the first time in 2014 and was amazed at how well it held up compared to modern platformers. I much prefer the style compared to Crash Bandicoot. The remake sounds really nicely done!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Spyro 1 is very good, and the remake is excellent but you can feel the limitations and you go into the sequel thinking they’d have built on it positively and it’s just all a bit of a let down IMO - the level design is really poor.

But I think some people love Spyro 2 so maybe it’s just me.

Either way, I can see why Spyro was pretty massive back in the 90’s.

In the original you couldn’t use the dragonfly (Sparx? Spelt right?) to point you to the gems so it was MUCH harder to 100% levels. Kinda frustrating at times.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

Still Shadow of the Colossus. I'm not making a lot of progress I feel, since now even those who got it through Plus are catching up on me. Anyway, today's my free day off. So happy I'm playing this game.

I have read about people having trouble with the camera all over the web, but personally I think the camera is quite fine. Even during some bosses, when the camera can be disorienting, it still kinda feels great, because I think that with those bosses you're kinda supposed to feel that. I dunno, just my take.

Anyway, it's great to replay this game. My experience now feels so different from back when I first played it on PS2. I remembered the game being like Ocarina of Time: a world with all kinds of stuff to do. Well the world really feels barren playing the remake.

However, I don't mean that as a negative of the game. I actually like the barrenness of it all. The emptiness of the world is what shapes the experience too. It actually feels like Journey with boss fights in a way.

Anyway, the emotions the world conveys are still very strong. The soundtrack is great, though it's not nearly as good as The Last Guardian's. And some of these bosses, man... still feel way more immersive than many of those cinematic games that released during this gen.

It's still a really, really good game.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Dragon's Crown Pro

The remastered orchestral soundtrack really is quite nice (You can switch to the original if you prefer it though at any time) and the fact that you can choose what narrator you have from the get go is nice too (Rather then unlocking them by beating the game with that character). Not to mention that stunning artwork!

Well worth re-buying for £9 in the recent big in japan sale! Though it also helped my ps3 is on it's last legs so... It was either re-buy it or don't play it at all lol 😂

This and Revelation 2's raid mode'll be really nice for some short bursts of gaming with the limited time I'll have for the next two weeks.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Kidfried Ocarina of Time has always felt incredibly barren to me, and not in a good, atmospheric way like SotC or BotW, either. It's one reason why I prefer Majora's Mask: the world was filled with interesting NPCs and things to find and do.

But yeah, the bosses in SotC are incredible. The fifth colossus is probably my all-time favorite boss in a video game. It's so dramatic having to lure it in, jump on it, and desperately cling to its fur as you try to stab it.

If I resub, I'll probably start replaying the game soon. Although maybe I should wait for PS5 and its PS4 Pro-tier BC so that I can experience it at 60fps...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

I’ve been playing Tokyo Xanadu EX+ and really enjoying it to be honest. Yeah, it’s basically an off brand Persona game but the combat being an ARPG is really fun and the characters are pretty decent. It’s a cute, if simple, time sink.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Tjuz

I've been playing more of Life is Strange 2. I've finished episode 2 tonight, and I really am loving it. The game is incredibly slow paced, which I think is actually a pro for it. I'm all about stories that really focus on character development over high-octane action. The brothers at the head of the game are so damn likable too. They really improved a lot with the writing in this one over their previous installment, particularly with the dialogue too. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit was a fun sidenote for the adventure too. I played it after episode 1, and I'm glad I did. It flows way better into the main game as an interlude than it does as a prologue.

I think what really helps make me adore this game as well is that I feel like I can relate to Sean. I have a little brother of similar age to Daniel, and there's a big age gap between him and me as well. I definitely understand his protective nature and wanting the best for his brother but not really knowing how to help him at all times. It hits very close to him and makes me connect with them that much more.

There's one feeling I've felt this game that I really never have in any of these choice-based games though, and it's a sense of fear for what's coming. In all games, there's always an obvious end goal that you keep in mind. To get the good ending, I'll have to get to this place or do this thing or defeat this enemy. In this game, there's an end goal set for their journey, but it doesn't feel viable. I don't trust or believe the game that that will actually be an ending. That makes it that I have absolutely no idea what this game is going to work towards, and it instills a fear of the uncertain while playing for me. That's definitely new when it comes to these games!

Luckily, for the sake of my fears being soothed for the most part, this game is absolutely stunning. I could look at it for hours and not get bored. There's a lot to explore as well, which is really adding to my enjoyment. I loved piecing together the backstory of Chris' parents in Captain Spirit particularly. There's a lot of great environmental detail and lore hidden which a large amount of players will probably ignore, but it's great for the people like me who are very invested in that stuff. I find myself going into the cinematics where it just shows you different camera angles of the area while playing a nice tune, and just sitting there until the music ends. It's absorbing.

I'll probably get to episode 3 tomorrow. I'm a bit worried because I didn't feel like I really got a lot of great consequences in this episode, and I hope none of them come back to bite me in the butt. Daniel isn't all too pleased with me at the moment, so I hope that's entirely salvageable! The last thing I want is an uncertain ending with the certainty that it'll probably be a bad one whatever happens. I'm excited to keep making my way though, and incredibly happy that the episodes are as long as they are. No rushing my way through this.

Tagging @RogerRoger for good measure!

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Tjuz Awesomesauce. Great idea to put Captain Spirit between the first and second episodes, too. I didn't think of that but, in retrospect, it's probably the best place for it.

Real glad you're connecting with the Diaz brothers. They're the game's secret weapon, but having a little brother of your own must make it all the more impactful. That's probably helping to accentuate your fear, as well. I wouldn't perhaps have used such a definite word myself (although I was definitely tense, concerned, apprehensive, invested, etc. throughout) but I can completely understand that perspective.

It's gonna be real interesting to read about your reactions further down the line, if you don't mind sharing them. I'd absolutely love to know what ending you get, too (because from a couple of things you've said, it sounds like you're making slightly different decisions than I did).

Thanks for the tag! Enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

Just finished The Order 1886 it was a nice change of Pace from Bayonetta as I beat that on Friday. I would love to see a sequel as the world building and characters were amazing!

MightyDemon82

Tjuz

@RogerRoger I sure won't be shy about sharing my ending or any other reactions I might have! I'm actually a bit upset with one of the consequences in my playtime I just got. I finished episode 3, and I'll spoiler tag what exactly happen at the end as to not spoil others.

I chose not to go along with Finn's ridiculous plan to break in and steal Merrill's money. I then had the full romance with Cassidy, from kissing in the lake to the woohoo and all. Like any other ending, you Daniel goes with Finn, and now Cassidy and Sean are to get there in time to stop them. I reached them and I told them to stop the plan. Here is where it gets icky. Daniel then, out of rage, lifts Cassidy in the air and chokes her. He doesn't kill her but it certainly wasn't a pretty sight. This is easily one of the times I've been most confused by a consequence. I do not understand why Daniel did that. I feel like I have been raising him fairly well. I didn't let him kill the puma in episode 2, so I didn't feed into his violent tendencies there. Daniel helped me around camp this episode when he could've chosen to refuse. I went to sleep after the campfire at the same time as him and we had a heartfelt conversation. Like, my relationship with Daniel is good. You could be way worse to him than I have been, and yet I seem to be one of the rare people who got this scene. I can't tell if it's jealousy that fueled his anger or hatred for myself. I tried to google the exact choices that affect his choice there, but no one seems certain on why he would or wouldn't choose to do it. I'm just... incredibly confused. It frightens me that I don't know why Daniel could've had such an outburst, seemingly out of nowhere. Am I misinterpreting him? Am I unknowingly making all the wrong choices? Have I been a bad brother? I am scared for the ending. I don't know what is happening with him, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong to not have avoided it. I don't know how to fix it, and it absolutely terrifies me. I feel lost, just like what I'm sure Sean must be feeling.

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Tjuz Wow, that is odd. And quite extreme. I'd definitely go with Daniel being jealous of Cassidy. I made Sean romance Finn (out of obligation more than anything; I didn't actually like Finn at all) and Daniel never minded, nor made any comments about it. I barely interacted with Cassidy, so never saw any of that manifest itself in Daniel. The third episode is where they really tried to bring out Daniel's mounting confusion and lack of answers, via his anger (and the whole tree-lifting scene) so I can totally see him being pushed over the edge by Sean shacking up with Cassidy. I guess it's a different dynamic when Finn just becomes a second big brother to him, and the three of us went on the (you're right, ridiculous) heist together.

I'm sure you'll get a chance to fix your relationship with Daniel, though. The entire game suffers from a common problem in choice-based narratives, namely that every episode kinda has to end on the same cliffhanger (except the finale, of course). You're given the illusion of choice for the broad strokes; the devil's in the details, as they say, one of which would appear to be Daniel choking Cassidy. Very interesting indeed. I hope it hasn't upset you too much!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

avividan

Started with RE2 its great but MR x is a pain in the ass

avividan

HallowMoonshadow

The topic's title isn't the "PS4 game you won't play for two weeks or so cus you're too busy and a PS4 Demo you've tried but can't be bothered to do an impressions piece about so you're gonna lump it with the former" but it'll have to do 😂

The PS4 game I've come into possession of is Day's Gone of all things.

I've played through the tutorial up til needing to go get Deacon's bike back by himself but as I already stated I'll be too busy for the upcoming two weeks with numerous things and in turn I won't get any time in with it properly otherwise.

I'll probably just restart it from the beginning again when I do get the chance to dive in fully.

I think this might be the next big game I'll tackle though.

It looks quite nice (I really liked the lush forest you started in) and because it's been a while since release all the hiccups that reviews seemed to have with it at the time are most likely polished up and out of it by now so hopefully it'll be smooth sailing to play.

It'll certainly be a bit of fresh air though... The biker angle is already intriguing to me and it feels Very different to the stuff I've been playing recently.

We'll, eventually, see how it goes.

I also tried the Langrisser 1 & 2 demo off the PSN store over the weekend as I recall some of the artwork for the originals being submitted in the mega poll.

Errrrr... It looked rather cheap honestly. Like ridiculously so. Like it's a pound/dollar game on mobile cheap (A mobile from ten years ago could probably run it just fine in fact)

That you could switch between the old and new artsyle seemed really nice at first... But all the battles and sprites are in the cheap mobile looking style anyway so it's really only for the character's portrait at the beginning of the stage to set the scene.

The new style for the portaits is a fairly generic anime style as well compared to the previous, older, style which seemed more unique. The new style is better then the cheapy chibi mobile like stuff though at least...

The remastered music fairs better but the tracks I heard were fairly short and could end being pretty monotonus (I kept changing the musuc between the original and remastered when it did get a bit stale though)

The strategy elements took a bit of getting used to as well with the whole hiring mercenaries thing and only the main characters actually mattering and levelling up... That seemed weird.

Honestly bit of an odd duck this one.

It's deeper then it seems (A bit poorly explained though) with a pretty long demo as it let me play 3 stages from the first game (That could easily take you an hour) and I think it lets you play 3 stages from the second game too... But ultimately I'd not say it's worth full price.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

My mum started Witcher 3 today and it’s been great fun. Well, other than the 8000 times she tried to get on Roach using triangle since she’d been playing so much Red Dead 2! I think the amount of menus is slightly overwhelming for her and combat is quite chaotic but it’s on a low enough difficulty that she’s not slamming against a brick wall. Honestly, it’s the story she’s playing for and that’s fair enough, I love a good story too. It’ll be interesting to see how she gets on over the week, she’s off work until next Tuesday so plenty of time to get used to the systems before her gaming time gets a wee bit more limited. I really love watching and helping her play though, it’s amazing how differently you can view certain games through someone else’s perspective. It’s nice to see her enjoying them too, we always had consoles growing up but my Dad, when he was around, held the attitude that they were for me and my brothers, despite my sister and Mum both being gamers now.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I always get a bit annoyed when I watch my dad play, especially if it is a game I've already played. He always seems to miss something really important but basic. Like he he played Fallout 4 for ages before he realised you can bring up the pip boy to look at your missions and map! 🤦‍♂️

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

I finally got around to playing the FF7R demo and quite liked it. It’s nothing like the original except in setting and character. Of course this is only a demo, but the combat is a bit frenetic. It is fun, but I easily got overwhelmed during the boss fight. I skipped FFXV (I actually own it but I never got around to it) and I understand that maybe the gameplay is similar. I think I’ll get used to it and it’s action-y feel. Overall I’d say I like the demo and it has reinforced my desire to play the full game.
Barrett was a bit annoying though. His VA was a bit over-the-top and he just seemed so brutishly cliche. The character designs are great though, from what they showed.
The demo is very linear, but I assume that’s only because it is a small piece of the actual full product. They don’t want to relive the FFXIII complaints about being too linear all over again.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution As I said before, I can only see the main release being much more linear than the original game. The first release will only be Midgar so that’s not such a problem but in my head I can’t see how they can have such detailed content across the entire world map in an episodic release.

Thrillho

Tjuz

@KratosMD Agreed, but that's definitely gonna be hard to pull off in a reasonable timeframe. Have they said anything about a release schedule for the full game? I can't imagine that they'd want to release parts with all too long of a time inbetween. Two years sounds like maybe the maximum they could get away with unless they plan for it to becomes a humongous, decade-long endeavour. Final Fantasy XV with its big open world was in development hell for quite a while as well, so hopefully they've learned from their problems there. They can't afford to have that happen with this.

Tjuz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic