Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 101 to 120 of 699

NecuVise

@Kidfried it came out when Playstation 4 didn't have any games, at least not exclusives, and even third party was scarce, so fanboys hyped it way more than it deserves. It's a forgettable game. If it was a third party game it would be already forgotten. It's not a bad game, but it's very mediocre. Like a solid 7/10. No wonder they decided to make a new IP and forget this one.

NecuVise

mookysam

New post-E3 update list thingy.

Backlog!
1. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
This was on my original list and I still intend to play it once I've finished God of War.
2. Wolfenstein: The New Order
I don't like playing too many big RPGs back-to-back, so this should break things up nicely.
3. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix
This replaces Dragon Quest VII. I'll still play the latter this summer, but it's now much further back on my handheld backlog as I'm juggling quite a few 3DS and Vita games. I want to play the remaining Kingdom Hearts games in my backlog before 3 is released, so Birth by Sleep gets bumped up a bit.

Next purchases/Most anticipated
1. Dragon Quest XI
2. Kingdom Hearts 3
3. Spider-Man - I'll maybe ask for this for Christmas, but might relent and get it myself.

On reflection, now unsure I'll get Spyro right away as it will just end up in the backlog rather than being played immediately.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

themcnoisy

@Kidfried Fetch was a great character, the powers are amazing and in 4k with hdr the visuals are beautiful. Its also a relatively easy and enjoyable platinum. Play as the bad guy and the ending is awesome.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

Original comment;

Backlog:
Nier Automata - Failed (Havent even restarted it)
Knack - Passed (upto level 4 now and I am done as its pants)
Pes 2018 (master league trophies) - Platinumed game

Next purchases:
God of War - Bought
Dirt - Bought
TLOZ BOTW - Failed (my son wont let me on his Switch)

New Backlog

Trackmania
God of War
Black ops 3

To buy

Minecraft story mode season 2
Dreams
Street Fighter Collection

JJ-firl

Original Post:

Hitman (failed but I keep playing now and then)

Burnout Paradise Remastered (completed)

The Bunker (completed)

Revised post

Ratchet & Clank (Almost finished my first playthrough)

The Sexy Brutale (About 1/4 completed)

South Park The Stick Of Truth

Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 campaign

Next to that I finally got the Downwell platinum, finished the story of Gravity Rush on Vita and played through Virginia.

To buy:

Nier: Automata
Hyper Light Drifter
Ni No Kuni 2 (replacing SP: TSOT, which is added to the backlog).

Happy gaming, y’all!

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

leucocyte

i'm currently playing Detroit : Become Human. i don't have any backlog.. though i have a legacy of unfinished games because i either didn't like it, or just got bored of it.. infamous second son, arkham knight, far cry 4, sniper elite 3, the witcher 3, watch dogs, skyrim.. i've got way more selective the last couple of years, so have managed to finish everything i bought (which is only 9 games to be fair), except assassin's creed origins.. which i don't see myself returning to.

leucocyte

Kidfried

Wow, Infamous is really divisive. I'll try to finish it, but I really don't know if I will make it. I hoped for something more creative.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Ralizah

Second Son is so cheap these days that I almost keep buying it until I stop and realize that, even if I do, I probably won't enjoy it.

Sony goes looooooooooow with a lot of their older first party games, though. I still can't believe Horizon + DLC is $20. That genuinely baffles me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@JJ-Firl "Next to that I finally got the Downwell platinum"

Wh wh what? You platted Downwell? Christ thats amazing!

Th3solution

@Ralizah @Kidfried I remember really liking Second Son, but I played it at launch. I think if I played it now I would think it mediocre, but at the time I was so wide-eyed at how beautiful the particle effects were and how smooth it was graphically compared to PS3 games. But now, I don’t feel inclined to go back. There are some cool new powers you get late game, but as was already mentioned, the best is actually playing First Light as Fetch. Her powers are more fun and the visuals are quite impressive with all the neon and colors. And First Light is much shorter and doesn’t overstay it’s welcome like Second Son does. But I played FL a year after SS, and to play them back to back would probably not impress.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm with ya, I thought Infamous SS was good too! The DLC First Light is also top banana. I thought it looked like a proper next gen game when i played it, i imagine it really pops in hdr. I was surprised on the story, it dealt with some heavy issues like addiction really well.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder @Th3solution Yeah, that sounds about alright. I might just boost through it. It's a fine game, but ultimately it feels very much like the Ubisoft games early on in this gen.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Th3solution

A game I haven’t put in my “for sure going to purchase” category, but is a dark horse to win my money is Code Vein. I am strangely intrigued by the whole Soulsborne playstyle in an anime type setting and art style. It will all depend on how it reviews, but I felt it worth mentioning since no one seems to have expressed much interest in it yet.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I was, but I'm not keen on some of the character designs and voice overs. I've heard that the combat is a bit iffy also, but that was a couple of months ago so may have been improved since.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ-firl

@themcnoisy According to PSNprofiles it took me 9 months and 1 week, playing on and off, taking extended breaks when it became frustrating (and when my controller or Vita slipped out of my sweaty hands) and a lot of dying but I’m glad I pushed through. Definitely the one I’m most proud of!

Kidfried

@JJ-Firl Congratulations! I'm not hardcore enough for that one, unfortunately.

Kidfried

JJ-firl

@Kidfried Now I wouldn’t consider myself hardcore at all but I really really wanted this one. BTW I think the Bloodborne plat is pretty hardcore as well .

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I’m not sure if you played Dragons Dogma, but I’ve been hoping to find a game that employs a similar mechanic as the pawn system. I loved having an AI companion to share battles and exploration with. And so cool to have the asynchronous online component of your pawn going with other players while you’re offline and coming back with new experience. I don’t think the companion AI character in Code Vein looks the same as a pawn but appears the closest thing so far. At least I hope it is. They say having the AI companion plays a role into the strategy of how you approach a battle at least.

NecuVise

NecuVise wrote:

Here's my backlog lost now:
Far Cry 5
Detroit Become Human
Ni No Kuni 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Doom
Prey
Injustice 2
Middle Earth Shadow of War
Watch Dogs 2
Homefront The Revolution

So I made some progress:

Far Cry 5 - completed
Detroit Become Human - completed
Ni No Kuni 2 - completed
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - gave up for now as I lost my psplus subscription and I'm not going to renew soon.
Doom - completed
Prey - just started
Injustice 2 - gave up. My wife didn't like it so that's it.
Middle Earth Shadow of War - to play
Watch Dogs 2 - completed
Homefront The Revolution - to play

Additionally I completed Titanfall 2 campaign.

For the next(this) month:

Prey
Middle Earth Shadow of War
Vampyr
Far Cry Primal
Wolfenstein The New Order

NecuVise

Kidfried

@NecuVise That's a lot of gaming. Can't wait to hear some of PSq's opinions on Vampyr, as I'm still uncedicided about that one.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic