Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 121 to 140 of 699

NecuVise

@Kidfried yeah, it is. I haven't played even a minute for a month, so I played a lot now. But I mainly played only main quests, or what was required to completion.

I'm planning to play Vampyr after Prey and Shadow of War, so I'll try and write my impressions.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise Wish I could be that focused and play games that way! I always get distracted by side quests and what not. Like it took me all month just to complete Dark Souls Remastered....

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

@JohnnyShoulder well I also get distracted in souls games, but most of these games have some side activities and quests which don't interest me. Like for example Ni No Kuni 2 has some really bad fetch quests, and I almost gave up on it when it asked me to add 25 more members to my castle before proceeding to the final quest. By that point I did only main quests and what was required to do them and level up my chars to a suitable level. I also don't care for many collectibles in games, so yeah, I like to focus on main quest and move on. If the game has good side quests like the Witcher 3 I'll do them, but otherwise I feel like I'm waisting my time. This way I'm able to enjoy more games.

NecuVise

RogerRoger

Oh wow, I'm late, sorry!

I didn't really have a top three last time; two I'd managed, but one I hadn't and so I didn't really set out a plan for the month ahead because it was just a lot of replays. It'll be that way this month, too, but then it'll start to have more structure as we move into Gaming Silly Season (late August to mid-December).

Since last posting, however, I've played quite a boring-to-read list of Star Wars games, being caught up in the right mood whilst re-watching the prequel trilogy. I completed the storylines of Star Wars: Battlefront (PS2), Star Wars: The Clone Wars (PS2), Star Wars: Episode II - The New Droid Army (GBA), LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (PS3), Star Wars: Lethal Alliance (PSP), Star Wars: Racer Revenge (PS4), Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4), Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3) and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3). I also played quite a bit of Star Wars: Battlefront II (PS4)... well, I say "played" but I actually just switched the HUD off, hung back and took pretty pictures. I'm not sure if that counts!

I also played The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit and am currently replaying Rise of the Tomb Raider in anticipation of September. Once I've finished with Lara (later this week or early next), I'm not sure I'll have time for Horizon before things start getting released, so will likely run through Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy. Don't think I'll replay Just Cause 3 yet, because Just Cause 4 is looking similar enough and I don't wanna come to it bored with the gameplay.

The next three releases I'm planning on getting, or at least thinking about, are as follows.

1. Shenmue I & II Remastered (21 August)
2. Shadow of the Tomb Raider (14 September)
3. Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (21 September)

I've only secured a pre-order on the middle one, though. The others will depend on how things are going at time of release, both in terms of backlog and my ever-changing mood (for example, there's no chance of me finishing Tomb Raider before Spyro's launch, so I might wait and grab that when I go in later for Team Sonic Racing or LEGO DC Super Villains).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@RogerRoger Did you ever play the Wii version of The Force Unleashed? I thought it was better than the PS3 one. The one and only time that may have happened.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 I believe the Wii version is (roughly) the same as the PS2 and PSP versions; all three were developed by Krome Studios. I've played the PS2 and PSP versions, so I've experienced the expanded core storyline, yes, and I agree with you.

The PSP version is my favourite; it has the expanded story, the controls are a little more arcade-esque and it features a separate mode that recreates classic duels from the (then) six films, so you could be Vader and duel Luke on Bespin and whatnot. I think they all had slightly different extra features, though; the Wii had a two-player duel mode, maybe? I think I read that somewhere.

Still like the PS3 version, though. It's incredibly cinematic, especially for its time.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

1) Yakuza 0
2) Infamous: First Light
3) South Park The Fractured But Whole
4) Fallout 4 Far Harbor
5) Mad Max

So far, it seems my backlog has grown. However, Infamous I'm almost done with (I just want the plat!) and Fallout 4 only consists of DLC.

In the meanwhile, I have almost finished Mad Max and Yakuza, but I'm just bad at fully wrapping stuff up.

My next purchases:
1) Tomb Raider Rises
2) Assassin's Creed Origins
3) Life is Strange: Before The Storm

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I'm pretty sure Resident Evil VII: Gold Edition was in the sale that just ended on the ps store.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

themcnoisy

Previously;

Backlog

Trackmania - Done, at 35% completion and the tracks are now ridiculous and its zapped all of the fun.
God of War - Failed, Put on for another hour. I just cant get enough time to play this properley and be immersed.
Black ops 3 - Ongoing, Terribad story but the gameplay is fun. My plan is to beat it all on Hardened.

To buy

Minecraft story mode season 2 - Bought and platted
Dreams - not released
Street Fighter Collection - Bought and 55% trophies

New Backlog

Dirt 4 - Complete the campaign
God of War - Finish the game
Black Ops 3 - complete the campaign on hardened
LoZ BoTW - start the game

To buy

Celeste

And thats it until Yakuza kiwami, Dreams and RDR release.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Fight_Teza_Fight

Fight_Teza_Fight wrote:

Backlog:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Done
Detroit: Become Human Done
Cosmic Star Heroine Done

I’ve done alright there for a change!

New Backlog:
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
Invector
Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry

Next Purchases:
Octopath Traveler
Shenmue 1+2 Remastered
Yakuza Kiwami 2

I’m almost caught up on AC, just need to beat Freedom Cry & then I’ll get to start Origins, which I picked up on sale last week.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Ralizah

Fight_Teza_Fight wrote:

New Backlog:
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles

Are you going to complete the unlockable games as well?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Ralizah Just Symphony of the Night. That was actually the reason why I picked up Dracula X Chronicles.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Th3solution

@KratosMD I was gradually working up my excitement for Code Vein too, and nearly had it on my preorder list. So far that list is:
Spider-Man, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Red Dead Redemption 2. Now since Code Vein is not threatening to crack those top 3 for this year, I can turn my attention to consideration of Kiwami 2 preorder, but something tells me I won’t be done with Kiwami 1 in time for it to matter.

Edit: Not to mention Shenmue 1/2, Soul Calibur 6, and Valkyria Chronicles 4 which drop in that 3 month time frame. So, yeah ... Code Vein will be a welcome sight later in 2019.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BAMozzy

@KratosMD Most games will probably have a price cut for Black Friday - unless they are really selling well then the 'cut' won't be that big if at all. I don't know about digital as there is only 1 store to buy from but if you want Physical and prepared to shop around online, I bet most games - especially those produced in large quantities, will see a price cut. Generally its large stock with dropping/low sales that get the big or early discounts.

Kiwami 2 maybe won't drop much as that is more likely to be made in 'smaller' runs for the western market than games like Tomb Raider, Spider-Man, RDR2 etc because they know it won't sell in those quantities.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy have you played Yakuza yet Mozzy?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy Not really my thing. Watched a few video's, reviews and game-play but the series doesn't interest me.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Kidfried

Backlog
1) Yakuza 0
2) Infamous: First Light
2) Tearaway
3) Fallout 4 Far Harbor
4) Mad Max
3) Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Darksiders 2 (undecided, still!)

My backlog has really been shrinking this year. I got the platinums for Mad Max and Infamous, and I fully completed Far Harbor, so that leaves only Tearaway and Yakuza in my backlog right now. And I might also put some time in either MGS:GZ or Darksiders 2, depending on what I'm into.

Surely, it's really a list of relatively old titles right now, but I don't feel like starting something very new until later this month.

My most wanted:
1) Tomb Raider Rises
2) Assassin's Creed Origins
3) Life is Strange: Before The Storm

Still the same. I haven't bought something for my PS4 for the whole month of July!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Simon_Fitzgerald

Update:
Backlog:
Dishonored 1 & 2 - untouched
Gravity Rush 2 - untouched
Child of Light - Finished
Mad Max - untouched

Next Purchases:
Swords of Ditto - Finished
Detroit Become Human - Not purchased, borrowed off a friend and only played a couple of hours
Spiderman - Preordered
Spyro - on the wishlist

Simon_Fitzgerald

PSN: ScarySim6 | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Kyroki I was thinking about doing GoT. How is it? I like most Telltale games, but some are certainly better than others.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

The more I hear of Spider-Man the more I want to pre-order it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic