Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 OT

Posts 61 to 80 of 283

Gaming365247

@Ralizah
Dude so glad u found that. I now have zero regrets canceling my Xbox 1 pre-order. Oh well roll on to hitman 3 and the backlog in the mean time.

Ask Me for my PSN/XBL Gamertags

HallowMoonshadow

Ouch 😯

To play devil's advocate there's a few things that video doesn't address/put into context.

How many hours did that take to find all those? Was that say within a couple of hours or was that the only examples over say 100 hours?

Was that an unpatched disc? Or with the latest files and updates?

(Plus some of the comments mention this guy seems to have a bit of a thing against Cyberpunk? So they might be going out of their way to showcase it in the worst possible light)

Either way it's still not the best look and a poor showing that the disc version of it that had gone "gold" was really not in the best of states.

Here's hoping it's fixed up as it's something I look forward to giving a go myself.

Eventually.

The proper PS5 version that is...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The guy is definitely going out of his way to show Cyberpunk in the worst light. His last NINE videos are some variation on "Cyberpunk bad. Don't buy Cyberpunk." And he does that with a lot of big games, as far as I can tell.

But yeah, a lot of these glitches are pretty dire. I guess we'll see how stable it is with the day one patch.

@nessisonett Reviews have primarily been of the PC version thus far, I believe.

I'm super eager to see what this game looks like on the base Xbox One, lol.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Yeah, I’ve seen some dreadful glitches in the PC version but those ones are really terrible. I understand that the guy is going out of his way to show the worst stuff but let’s be honest, it’s not like the game’s been in his hands for long and that’s the amount of material he’s got.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The guy is definitely going out of his way to show Cyberpunk in the worst light. His last NINE videos are some variation on "Cyberpunk bad. Don't buy Cyberpunk." And he does that with a lot of big games, as far as I can tell.

Ahh I see @Ralizah...

Here's hoping that it all gets sorted out and is a fairly solid experience even on the base PS4/Xbox one as I'm really eager to hear what @Johnnyshoulder & @crimsontadpoles say about it as I know them (amongst many others like yourself, beets and such) have been fairly eager to play it...

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Matroska

People definitely pick and choose when to say a game is ruined by bugs. TW3 was a mess at launch and for months afterwards. I had invisible NPCs, I fell through the floor into and endless black void, quests would randomly fail, NPCs would randomly die for no reason, in one conversation NPCs would spawn inside Geralt and immediately die. I had Geralt saying multiple voice lines at once. I had a floating dwarf. Even as of the latest patch, when I got to the final boss he just froze in place and did nothing.

I played TLOU Remastered earlier this year and had disappearing buildings, Ellie teleporting, the AI running in circles, rain and snow inside, every object in a room vanishing, a game breaking bug where if you turn the power on before trying to open a door that needs that power, you can't open the door.

Yet both those games are seen as masterpieces. I've also seen otherwise intelligent people claiming they've played every TES since Morrowind and never encountered a bug. So basically people have quite a lot of double standards based on their disposition towards the game to begin with.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

nessisonett

@Matroska Obviously it comes down to people’s personal experiences. I had a horrendous time with FF7 Remake but plenty people didn’t. I think the thing is with Cyberpunk is that every single review has commented on how buggy it is, despite it being delayed multiple times and the devs constantly crunching for months. Plus other games that have come out with these levels of bugs have had points deducted from reviews due to it barely working. It just seems a bit like massive double standards. My favourite one I’ve seen is this:
Untitled

jdv95

the thing we must not forget,is that some reviewers simply do not dare to put up scores that are under expectations. alanah pearce said so herself a while back.
that is because of the backlash they would get from "gamers". sure it's their job to do honest reviews but more often than not,they are under severe stress when doing a review of such a hyped game,knowing that being honest could ruin their mental well being for weeks because people just can't act like adults.

just look at the gamespot score which resulted in the author of that review to receive death treaths from the "fans".

jdv95

nessisonett

@jdv95 I really feel for her, it’s a properly well written and balanced review that acknowledges the bad points while showing all the game has to offer. It’s not a negative review, it’s a 7 which at least on this website means ‘good’. It’s a ‘good’ game. People should play ‘good’ games. And now she’s getting death and rape threats because she isn’t giving the game glowing praise. This comes at the same time the woman who broke the epilepsy story is getting sent trigger videos meant to injure her. As always, trust gamers to completely earn the bad reputation they have.

JohnnyShoulder

Thanks @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy. I will be playing it on PS5 though, so hopefully it will be in a better shape than reported. I have to admit it has not been easy reading all the articles and some of comments over the past few days, especially as it feels like some people almost want the game to fail (no one from the forum mind).

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

jdv95

@nessisonett that's why i do not like to be called a gamer.

i enjoy games etc but do not call myself a gamer,it just has to much of a discusting connection to those gamergate groups.

jdv95

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I think the feelings from certain groups who want the game to fail is mostly just pushback due to the vast amounts of people who have been praising the game before it’s even out. Games that are overhyped get unfair treatment on both sides, it always happens. I don’t care either way, I’d rather have one more good game to play than not but these glitch videos coming out are properly funny!

Matroska

Caved in and bought the digital version even though my disc version will be here tomorrow. I guess I can always trade the disc in while keeping the physical goodies. Look at this speed, though. PSN in fine form.

Untitled

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

JohnnyShoulder

@Matroska Oh yeah downloads are super quick on PS5, especially compared to PS4.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

Despite this review being (from a technical standpoint) about the PC version it is very in-depth and I think well reasoned look into all the pros and cons of the game. He also doesn't give scores which I think is probably the best way do it in this day and age. It's a long one at 50 minutes but I found it informative.

From my own perspective my copy should be here tomorrow and I'll install it straight away but I think I'm going to hold off starting for a little while at least. I want to find out how it performs after the day one patch from sources I trust (maybe some regulars here) as it has dampened my enthusiasm a little. I have full faith it will get improved quickly and I haven't finished Miles Morales yet anyway.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Skill Up were also very vocal about CDPR’s shady review rules. I respect them for actually making a statement.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets This very site posted some hands on impressions on how the game performs on all PlayStation consoles earlier, after the day 1 patch. It doesn't sound too bad at all and I'm a bit more optimistic about the game now.

jdv95

not gonna lie,getting interested again after seeing some of the ps5 gameplay.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

Th3solution

@BearsEatBeets That was a great review video. Thanks for sharing.

It’s telling that despite him being such a fan and advocate for the game, he still says he wishes he could have experienced it for the first time in 6 months to a year when all the bugs, balancing issues, and quality of life improvements are implemented.

I’m pretty sure I’ll wait. At least until I have a PS5, but maybe even for a full year or so. Some of the issues with the game aren’t even performance and bugs, even gameplay portions need tweaking.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic