Coral Island is a gorgeous farming and lifestyle simulator set on and around a tropical island, and it's just been announced for PlayStation platforms. Exiting Steam Early Access (where it enjoys Very Positive reviews), it comes to PS5 in its completed form on 14th November.
Fans of Stardew Valley will find a lot to like here, as Coral Island seems to be taking some pretty direct cues from that excellent game. Players can work the land, build a farm, raise livestock, and eventually settle and start a family. There's underwater exploration, merfolk, and mines to explore, as well as social events to attend and minigames to be won.
Key features for this one, as described by publisher Humble Games and developer Stairway Games, are as follows:
- Build Your Dream Farm – Transform your overrun land on Coral Island into a lush and lively dreamscape—you decide what to build, what crops to grow, and which animals you’d like to tend.
- Write Your Own Story – The story changes with each passing season on Coral Island, but life goes with the flow. Spend your days exploring, or find someone special in town to build a life together. Save the seas, brave monster-filled caverns, or focus on perfecting your farm. It’s all up to you.
- Be Yourself – Choose from various outfits, accessories, and physiques—you’ll find plenty of options to express yourself, find your style, and be whoever you want to be.
- Befriend a Diverse Cast of Islanders – Get to know the 70-plus characters from all walks of life who live on Coral Island. Converse with them, learn more about their interests, and try to impress them with the right gift.
- Find That Special Someone – Meet 25 singles who are ready to mingle! Build relationships, sweep them off their feet, and find the one—and when you’re ready, embark on a new chapter of your story together at the farm.
- Restore an Island Once Paradise – Make Coral Island a better place for everyone! Participate in community projects to liven up the town, expand the local museum, and discover how to restore heritage sites. Increase the town’s rank, and your community will thrive!
- Catch of the Day – Island living has a lot of perks, including being just a stone’s throw away from fun activities like hunting for insects and catching fish.
- Dive the Ocean and Mine the Caverns – Go diving to restore the coral reef or mine precious gemstones in the cavern. Whatever you decide to do, you’ll find loot to hone your tools and upgrade the quality of your livestock and crops.
What do you think of Coral Island? Does the idea of farming on a tropical island appeal? Cultivate your response in the comments section below.