Marvel's Spider-Man 2 has come away with the most viewed trailer of Sony's latest State of Play livestream, completely dwarfing the numbers Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth has managed to record. At the time of writing, the PS5 game has got 2.5 million views on its new Expanded Marvel's New York trailer, which is considerably more than any other trailer included in the presentation combined on the PlayStation YouTube channel.
Here are what the viewership stats look like as of Friday afternoon:
- Marvel's Spider-Man 2 — 2.5 million
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth — 592,000
- Resident Evil 4 DLC reveal — 232,000
- PS5 Deep Earth Collection — 164,000
- Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora story trailer — 145,000
- Tales of Arise: Beyond the Dawn — 124,000
- Helldivers 2 — 79,000
- Honkai: Star Rail — 54,000
- Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord — 51,000
- Baby Steps — 46,000
- Ghostrunner 2 demo trailer — 37,000
- Foamstars — 33,000
Interest in Marvel's Spider-Man 2 is so high that a simple trailer covering the suits included in the Digital Deluxe Edition has 900,000 views, and would rank second if it appeared in the State of Play presentation. Of course, it's a different story whether those views will translate into sales once each title releases, but it's difficult not to see the next game out of Insomniac selling incredibly well. For more coverage, check out our new Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Preview.