The start of 2024's video game release schedule is starting to take shape thanks to a flurry of Gamescom reveals, and PS5 players are already beginning to notice we've got another packed year ahead. With games such as Baldur's Gate 3, Marvel's Spider-Man 2, and Persona 5 Tactica still to come this year, the first two months of 2024 already look like this:
- Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown — 18th January 2024
- Tekken 8 — 26th January 2024
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink — 1st February 2024
- Persona 3 Reload — 2nd February 2024
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League — 2nd February 2024
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth — Early 2024
It's a start to the year similar in vein to 2017 in the PS4 era, when Japanese developers essentially took over the release calendar with Gravity Rush 2, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, Tales of Berseria, Yakuza 0, Nioh, and NieR: Automata in the space of two months and change.
2023's release schedule winds down once Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora releases in early December, essentially giving you roughly one and a half months to clear your backlog and be ready for another 12 months of games. We wish you luck getting all the September and October titles cleared in time. Does the release slate for early 2024 excite you at all so far? Let us know in the comments below.