A new update has gone live today for Horizon Forbidden West DLC Burning Shores, bringing the overall package up to version number 1.024. It's available to download now on PS5 and weighs in at 1.092GB. The patch addresses a long list of bugs related to the main quest, side missions, and open world activities, most notably fixing the issues players have had with Aerial Capture: North.
Elsewhere, the entire PS5 experience has had another pass that works to eliminate frame rate drops, crashes, and improve the visuals and audio. Guerrilla Games is asking users to continue submitting problems via its support form, indicating more updates will follow. There's not a whole let else to highlight in update 1.24, so get the full list of patch notes below.
Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores Update 1.24 Patch Notes
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “To the Burning Shores” where creating a save at the campfire during the “Climb Up the Tower” objective and then loading that save would lead to a progression blocker, as Seyka would block the climbing path.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “To the Burning Shores” where the time of day could become stuck after fast traveling away from the tower.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “To the Burning Shores” where very rarely Seyka would disappear after the boss fight at the tower, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “Heaven and Earth” where during the “Kill the Clamberjaws” objective one of the Clamberjaws could get stuck outside of the player’s reach, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “Heaven and Earth” where backtracking through the quest could result in progression blockers.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “The Stars in Their Eyes” where players would be able to get stuck in invisible walls.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “For His Amusement” where creating a quick save and loading it during the “Investigate the Armory” objective would cause the Storage Device to not be interactable, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “For His Amusement” where players would be able to get into the volcano before opening the door, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Main Quest “His Final Act” where players could get stuck outside of the combat area during the Horus fight by clipping through the tentacles.
- Fixed an issue for Side Quest “In His Wake” where restarting from save after looting Pirik and then fast traveling would cause the cell door to be unable to pry open, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Side Quest “The Splinter Within” where the skiff could get stuck in plane wrecks.
- Fixed multiple issues for Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” where the crate could get stuck while using the elevator.
- Fixed an issue for Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” where players could get stuck behind or under the elevator, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” where part of the puzzle could be skipped by jumping onto walls.
- Fixed an issue for Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” where under certain conditions Gildun would become idle and not move the elevator, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” where restarting from save right after killing the Burrower swarm will reset the “ Kill the Machines ”objective, reverting progression.
- Fixed an issue for Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” where the luggable wagon cart could be released early, potentially blocking the crate from being pulled down if players fall down the platform.
- Fixed an issue for “Aerial Capture: North” where players with an already broken save file would still not be able to go to the start of the flight path after examining the improvised transmitter, making the activity incompletable.
- Fixed an issue for “Aerial Capture: East” where players who failed the flight path under certain conditions would not be able to start it again, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for several “Aerial Captures” where Aloy’s callouts could cut off the recording dialogue.
- Fixed an issue for Cauldron “THETA” where dropping into the Cauldron from the left side of the opening could potentially not trigger the start of the activity, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for Relic Ruin “Murmuring Hollow” where restarting from save while holding an energy cell could potentially block progression.
- Fixed an issue for Relic Ruin “Murmuring Hollow” where the energy cell could be thrown off the cliff, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue where the Stormbird could become idle in the storm cloud when players approached it at a certain timing. This left players unable to start “Aerial Capture: West” and unable to collect the Delver’s Trinket collectable “Mighty Pint,” thereby blocking the Errand Quest “The Delvers’ Trove”.
- Fixed an issue for the “Delvers’ Trinket” collectables where players could skip part of the puzzle while collecting the “Cherished Flask.”
- Fixed an issue for the “Pangea Figurines” collectables where players could not collect the “Green Raptor” if they left the parking garage after opening the trunk in which the collectable is located.
- Fixed an issue for the “Pangea Figurines” collectables where due to a mistranslation for several languages in the description of the “Green Raptor,” players could not enter the correct code for this collectable at the Dino Digits Quiz, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue for the “Pangea Figurines” collectables where for several languages the code information was missing from the description of the “Dimorphodon,” making the Dino Digits Quiz incompletable.
- Fixed an issue for datapoint “Notes on Londra’s Code” where players would not be awarded the datapoint in their notebook if they enter the code correctly.
- Fixed multiple issues for “Pangea Figurines” collectables where for several languages the description would not show up for the “Dimorphodon,” “Queen Rex,” and “Reggie the Pterodactyl.” Players would miss out on information needed to complete the Dino Digits Quiz.
- Fixed an issue where unmarked machine sites would not spawn machines after players reached Ghost Level 101.
- Fixed an issue for the Specter Gauntlet where the option to craft the upgrade obtained during Side Quest “In His Wake” would still display at some workbenches after crafting.
- Fixed an issue for the Specter Gauntlet where crafting ammo would use all available resources from both the Inventory and the Stash.
- Fixed an issue for the Workbench Expert skill where it would not decrease the cost of crafting ammo for the Specter Gauntlet.
- Fixed an issue for the Fabrication Terminal where despite unlocking overrides for all machines, a question mark would still be present for the last entry, potentially causing confusion.
Performance and Stability
- Multiple crash/hang fixes.
- Fixes and improvements to frame rate drops.
- Optimization of art assets.
- Fixed an issue for photo mode where using it inside the Horus could cause camera clipping and graphical flickering.
- Fixed an issue for Brimshine where players would not have enough to buy and upgrade everything. One Brimshine Sliver has been added near the entrance of Cauldron “THETA.”
- Note that Jobs will not point to this location until Aloy (re)visits this area!
- Fixed multiple issues where players could get stuck in assets and/or geometry or fall out of the world.
- Fixed an issue where skiff locations were available within the range of Zenith Towers while they were still active. Fast traveling to such locations would cause players to be immediately targeted and killed by the Defense Drones.
- Fixed multiple issues with on screen text and mistranslations.
- Fixes and improvements to audio.
- Fixes and improvements to visuals.
Is this the day I finally do the remaining aerial captures, then? We shall see.
@Voltan there fixing framerate drops I haven't even noticed must mean my vrr display is doing its job idk y that came as a reply to voltan that's weird
I look forward to playing this dlc once it's out of beta.
@Hundred_Hand_Slap The DLC was fine day 1. Its very stable nowadays.
@Loamy then I wait for a sale
It's 20 bucks...
Your Negativity has no power here...
@grapetrap I wait for everything to go on sale, that's how I roll. Nothing negative here, just stingy with my cash.
Most bang for the buck DLC in ages. It also made my TV pop!, I had no idea my TV could make these colors 😍 Sony did magic with HDR on this one.
Fun Gameplay + Stunning Visuals - studios have zero excuses right now for not hitting the mark on both.
Even at $20.
Did not expect more updates for Burning Shores, but very welcome.
I still get screen flickering which doesn't occur in the base game or any other game for that matter. (I'm playing in performance mode). Anyone else having this issue?
I played it from start to finish and didn't have a single issue.
The end boss fight was awesome and you can see why it is a PS5 only DLC.
Worth every penny in my opinion.
@Total_Weirdo Same experience here. Really impressive how well this game runs in both performance and fidelity modes.
Yes it was just DLC but this was one of the most polished experiences I've had in years. Played Day 1 and had almost no issues.
Tap here to load 14 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...