A new update for Hogwarts Legacy is available to download now on PS5. Patch 1.05 (or 1.000.005, if you want to be technical), comes with a long list of improvements — mostly focusing on performance and bugs. If you've had any trouble with specific quests or you've been running into certain gameplay glitches, this update might be just what's needed.
Update 1.05 weighs in at a reasonable 1.129GB on PS5, and we've pasted all of the patch notes below. As alluded, though, you might want to make yourself comfortable before diving in, because they ain't short!
Hogwarts Legacy PS5 Update 1.05 Patch Notes
Developer Note - This patch addresses overall gameplay, performance and stability as well as online connection improvements.
- Improve player account network registration and tracking.
- Fixed DLC related issues during pause menu, gear menu.
- Fixed DLC flying mount inventory issue potentially disappearing during a mission.
- Fixed blocker issue when unlocking the bandit camp cage before starting the mission. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-437.
- Fixed not being able to complete a quest during a specific conversation with Madam Kogawa missing from her desk. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-1173.
- Fixed avatar getting stuck between barrel and furnace by jumping or opening tool wheel.
- Fixed a duplication collision next to one of the store entrances.
- Fixed issue with waypoints being in the air instead of the ground within Hogsmeade.
- Fixed objective maker being over Fig properly after waiting period.
- Fixed missing exit prompt on some doors within Hogwarts.
- Fixed opening butterfly chests other than the intended ones for a quest doesn't count toward mission progression. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-5620.
- Fixed butterflies to not appearing at the specified area to progress the mission again. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-4807.
- Fixed incorrect merge mission progression.
- Fixed stability issue in the Spoons in the Potion’s classroom.
- Fixed stars being present when focusing telescope during Astronomy class on low settings. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-3032.
- Fixed stars brightness and pop issues with Astronomy mini-games.
- Fixed shields not displaying correctly during Crossing Wands missions.
- Broom flight
- Fixed player getting trapped while mounting a broom or while or rotating a statue.
- Fixed not landing on Viaduct bridge.
- Fixed mesh breaking when avatar mounts broom after teleporting in open area.
- Fixed flash and shuttering when mounting any broom.
- World Events
- Fixed wagon carts clipping into one another while avatar is blocking them.
- Fixed occasional respawning duplication of One-Man Band in Hogsmeade.
- Fixed issue with characters that do not have hair.
- Fixed broom speed parameters.
- Fixed enemy shields not displaying correctly during Cross Wands missions.
- Fixed enemy shields disappearing after being hit several times.
- Fixed visibility of constellations at the astronomy table.
- Fixed Dark Wizard Extortionist AOE lightning VFX attack remaining on screen.
- Fixed audio of waterfall in the cliffside based on avatars proximity.
- Update latest audio sound banks.
- Updated localization strings
- Fixed female avatar face appearing different from the creation preview during gameplay. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-543.
- Fixed transition between UI purchase window and forced conversation with vendors.
- Fixed map showing wrong path to the map chamber.
- Fixed damaged being represented when enemy is hit with transformation and Ancient Magic Throw. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-4810.
- Improve tracking for Room of Requirement.
- Updated facial animations.
- Fixed NPC treadmilling during the House Cup.
- Fixed blurred texture and LOD pop.
- Fixed Avatar robes appearing before Fig makes them appear before the sorting ceremony.
- Improve stability and performance after long play throughs.
- Improve VFX performance during while raytracing.
- Improve performance by batching and caching raytracing buffers.
- Removed fog volumes for better BVH performance.
- Save Game
- Fixed not being able to talk to Vendors during sequential saves after issue being patched. Resolves the following reported issues: HL-412, HL-494, HL-590, HL-5260.
- Fixed streaming in and out after getting the 'Dung Bomb' field guide and loading a manual save.
- Fixed an issue when turning off the title and loading an auto-save during final credits causing an infinite loading screen.
- Fixed voice pitch setting save issue with avatar.
- Performance and Stability
- Fixed streaming issues throughout Hogwarts.
- Fixed crash when common room is being shown to the player.
- Fixed crash with skeletal mesh.
- Fixed crash with deflection impacts.
- Fixed crash when reading dictionary files.
- Fixed performance when using ancient magic squash finisher on elevated Thornback Ambusher in Rune Door arena.
- Improve rendering performance of translucent objects.
- Fixed crash during a story graph.
- Fixed streaming of plants in the Slytherin Common Room.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Fixed crash with map icon state.
- Fixed crash with invalid UI.
- Fixed streaming out of the Great Hall while navigating Hogwarts. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-71.
- Fixed crash during audio occlusion checks around player.
- Fixed crash when using explosive barrels.
- Fixed crash when using Incendio spell.
- Fixed crash when using Accio, Congringo, or Stupefy spells.
- Fixed crash when updating gear items.
- Fixed crash recursive crash with Solomons shields.
- Fixed crash with mount zones.
- Fixed crash during combat cursed lifetime.
- Fixed crash during and spawning race on broom.
- Fixed occlusion culling with doors opening and closing.
- Fixed occlusion culling issue.
- Fixed a crash when travelling to Professor Fig’s classroom.
- Fixed crashes related with Niagara and destructible related VFX.
- Fixed a crash with damage over time not registering correctly.
- Fixed crash spawning actor not being stored correctly.
- Fixed crash with spawning actors correctly.
- Fixed crash during character creation. Resolves the following reported issue: HL-232.
- Fixed optimization animation instancing.
- Fixed crash with moving stairs.
- Fixed crash with VFX after prolonged play throughs.
- Fixed crash related transformations in Overland.
- Fixed crash dealing with object state.
- Fixed crash with parry in combat.
- Fixed crash with VFX AOE.
- Fixed crash with hints.
- Fixed crash with achievements with an invalid online user id.
- Fixed crash while speaking to Rackham.
- Fixed crash when using Wingardium.
- Fixed performance drops experienced during longevity of the game.
- Fixed performance drop in Divination classroom.
- Updated “Special Thanks” credits and legal lines.
- Fixed character lip-sync animation when “Original Audio” is set.
- Fixed localized VO not playing correctly when set to “Original Audio” is set.
- Improve LED effects.
- Activities and Game Help
- Improve Activities performance update and memory usage.
- Update to Game Help hints and videos.
Phew! Again, there are no clear highlights in this patch, but it should hopefully put an end to any hiccups that players have been experiencing.
Are you still playing Hogwarts Legacy? Show us some of your most powerful spells in the comments section below.
This message has been updated from a previous version to make clearer Push Square's stance on the topic:
Hogwarts Legacy does not exist in a vacuum. There are important discussions being had about the views and opinions held by the creator of the Harry Potter universe – views and opinions which we do not agree with.
Our goal is to create and foster a positive environment for people – all people – to discuss and celebrate video games, not to amplify ignorance or provide a forum for unconstructive arguments. As per our community rules, we do not accept any form of hate speech on our platform.
Would have loved this to tackle the issue of repeating dialogue. I dont need to hear how many roads there are to hogsmeade again!
Sounds like it doesnt deal with robes clipping through character models either (although that is rather amusing)
Wow. That's a lot of fixes. Good stuff. Haven't run into any of the issues mentioned myself just yet, but hopefully now I won't either!
The only two things I want them to fix are the bugs in the PS exclusive DLC (I’ve finished it now, but was very annoying) and adding an extra control scheme for the broom that makes sense (meaning, like every other game, it doesn’t put altitude changing and camera rotation on the same bloody analogue stick!!)
Where the heck is the pause button update. The fact you can't pause during a cutscene or any dialogue is ridiculous.
Honestly I got burnt out on the title after about 20 hrs. It's then you realize the lack of depth in its open world Ubisoft isms and combat. While I applaud the world building and art design. If you step back and realize everything else about the design is very shallow, repetitive, and provokes the same open world burnout that every Ubisoft icon chasing cookie cutter game does, and ironically contains what looks like the exact same UI from ac games...
If I could recommend anything, it would be to simply play the mainline missions and story. If you end up exploring everything you will quickly realize you are actually exploring the same thing, over and over, indicated by hundreds of icons all over the map, with about half a dozen different enemy types in total for the game.
I Must admit though, I was engaged for the first 20 hrs or so with a new world to explore and it's quality art design; until the desire to even play it anymore faded quickly.
Removed - unconstructive feedback
@RoliePolie91 agreed, I was surprised that this option was missing in a 2023 game.
Haven’t seen too many bugs so far, but I have gotten stuck in the environment at times, or I’ll pull up the main menu and there won’t be a cursor. All correctable.
And yes, I’m still playing! I’m really taking my time, I love the art style and gameplay.
Beat it. Too late.
I enjoyed the storyline. Honestly, the amount of Merlin Trials is slightly annoying, especially as there is only four or five different types.
Other than that, it's a perfect game and it never assumed I knew all of the lore either, which more IPs based on extended worlds need to do.
@SolaceCreed the amount of merlin trials is ridiculous as well as the sheer number of collectables that you have to track down in order to get the platinum. It's literally like 1000 things. It may be the most of any game, at least that I can think of
What a huge patch!
Can I rescue Biscuit yet?? Driving me nuts I’m almost done with the game!
Yay, I can finally save "Biscuit" from the poachers.
I wouldn't mind an option to disable/reduce some of the repeating dialog, though I'm less bothered about Hogsmeade than about what travel was like before some *itch invented floo powder.
Otherwise, a fun game. I'm not sure if it will hold up to multiple play-throughs, though you have to play a bit as four different characters to experience all four houses and get four house-related trophies, so....we'll see how it holds up. Ravenclaw first (I'm a nerd), Slytherin next, with all the dark spells I can manage, let's see how that feels.
@Stocksy i agree entirely especially about the disclaimer. I love hogwarts and i'm around 35 hours in and just cant get enough. I think the size of the world is just right and i dont find it boring at all. The only gripe i have is that some of the dialogue is a bit stilted but other than that its a sterling game..
So they haven't fixed the dirty clothes glitch?
I haven’t read through the list of fixes but a few things I would suggest is:
I’m sure there are some other minor things that I can’t think of right now. But otherwise, I enjoyed every minute of my 50 hours with this game.
Also, I just googled the boarded up door in Hogsmead and it seems this is tied to the dlc. I spent far too much time trying to get in that door, trying every spell (from different angles), every potion, sneaking around the corner after casting Evanesco and wasting a few chomping cabbages and mandrakes to boot 😂
They should add a special thanks to JKR in the end credits. I know she wasn’t involved in the making of the game but they are making a lot of money from the world she created. It’s ok to disagree with her views but it feels very hypocritical not to acknowledge her in any way.
Cool, now they just have to fix that blasted missing moth by the Sphinx bug and the world map counter incorrectly displaying 149/150 field guide pages (the flying page by Greenhouse somehow isn't counted). The Sphinx Moth bug at least has a workaround that can take multiple attempts before its fixed.
@ItsBritneyB_tch if you zoom right out of the map and hover over an area it tells you exactly what collectibles etc you need to complete it ,I agree with you on the changing of seasons ,maybe a spell is in order
@InsaneWade I did the sphinx moth without issue,weird
@tallythwack oh I know, it’s only a minor ‘complaint’ really. I just think it would have been an easy addition so you don’t have to scan the list of objectives every time.
@PhantomMenace84 most are done as you're going though so it wasn't too bad. Think I was done in 50 hours which for an open world game with that many things to pick up is pretty reasonable
@MrMeeeseeeks she's getting that in the way of probably a 9 figure sum 😂😂
@MrMeeeseeeks will be interesting to see whether the new lego game ,gets the same treatment ,I mean bullying lego, is like bullying a toddler
@Rob_230 All roads lead to Hogsmeade!
@RoliePolie91 @Rob_230 I'm personally waiting for these two issues to be addressed first, before I start playing my copy.
Tap here to load 29 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...