It does feel like GRID Legends came and went in an instant, doesn't it? Codemasters' racing game was one of the first to be published under EA, featuring live-action story scenes and a wide range of vehicles and events, but there's not really been much buzz. Perhaps the game's latest update, bringing it to version 2.0, will inspire petrolheads to give it a try.
Available to download and install now on PS5 and PS4, this new patch is a fairly substantial one. It makes a bunch of fixes and improvements, as you'd expect, but along with all that come some new features. Firstly, a brand new Special Events page has been implemented. Here, weekly and monthly challenges give you various tasks to fulfil, rewarding you with bonuses for completing them. Each also has a leaderboard, so you can see how your times or scores stack up against others.
Additionally, new weather effects have been added to the game: dust and fog. These can be enabled using the Race Creator function, and will add new challenges while driving, reducing visibility and even changing how your car handles.
Here are the full patch notes:
- A new weekly and monthly events page has been added, complete with leaderboards. In addition, two new weather types have been added to Race Creator: Dust and Fog. You can read more about that HERE.
- The Racing Line is now correctly shown when set to ‘On’ or ‘Corners Only’
- Add-Ons purchased through the PS Store now appear correctly
- Artifacting around the screen is no longer visible when in replays
- Distort sponsor objectives now progress correctly
- GRID Legends no longer required a restart in order to complete installation
- UI from the Main Menu no longer shows in game after a host migration
- Players no longer appear with a generic profile picture after a user leaves the Lobby
- Players can now receive invites when the Lobby tab is open
- Returning to the main menu from the session list no longer causes ‘Select Vehicle’ to be stuck
- The correct message now displays when trying to join an online game for those without PS Plus or Xbox Gold subscriptions
- Joining an ‘in-progress’ Drift session now functions correctly
- When joining a rolling start session, AI drivers no longer set impossibly fast/negative lap times
- Various other minor bug fixes have been made
Driven to Glory & Career
- The Oval Stock Event 2 has been changed to Oval Stocks Finale
- Progress on The Gauntlet is now visibly updating correctly in Career
- Flicking in the corner of the screen during ‘Into The Fray’ has been resolved
- Long loading times and low FPS after completing Induction and Into The Fray have been resolved
- Various reasons that would cause the game to crash have been resolved across all platforms
Art and Visual Effects
- Floodlights no longer flicker
- Brabham BT62 - Rendering issues on headlights when the front bumper is detached have been resolved
- Koenigsegg Jesko - Driver no longer grips the gearstick too hard when changing gears
- Renault Laguna - Headlights have been improved
- Shanghai - A white light no longer appears in the tunnel’s distance
- Debug text no longer displays in certain instances
- Voice over fixed have been made in Italian, Spanish, French and German
- Dynamic music is now available in Weekly and Monthly events
- There have been several other audio fixes made throughout the game
Are you excited about these changes to GRID Legends? Drift into the comments section below.