It's been a long, long time since Sony had any real say in the Japanese software charts, which makes this week's list especially interesting. Not one, not two, not three, but four PlayStation games sit at the top of the charts. They're all PS4 titles, granted, but this is still an incredibly rare win for a company other than Nintendo.
The new Trails game, Kuro no Kiseki, takes the number one spot with just over 50,000 sales. It's followed by FIFA 22 (26,000), Lost Judgment (20,400), and Melty Blood: Type Lumina (18,900). We're close to rubbing our eyes in disbelief.
- [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki (Falcom, 09/30/21) – 50,114 (New)
- [PS4] FIFA 22 (Electronic Arts, 10/01/21) – 25,936 (New)
- [PS4] Lost Judgment (Sega, 09/24/21) – 20,393 (132,245)
- [PS4] Melty Blood: Type Lumina (DELiGHTWORKS, 09/30/21) – 18,833 (New)
- [NSW] FIFA 22 Legacy Edition (Electronic Arts, 10/01/21) – 13,385 (New)
- [NSW] Melty Blood: Type Lumina (DELiGHTWORKS, 09/30/21) – 11,604 (New)
- [NSW] WarioWare: Get It Together! (Nintendo, 09/10/21) – 10,862 (137,179)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 10,005 (4,073,252)
- [NSW] Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot + A New Power Awakens Set (Bandai Namco, 09/24/21) – 9,897 (51,971)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 9,611 (2,214,466)
Of course, PlayStation's enjoying a particularly busy period at the minute, with both the PS5 and PS4 swamped in new releases. We'd like to say that that platform could be gathering some newfound momentum in Japan, but we all know that these games will be swallowed up by the Big N within a few weeks.
Enjoy it while it lasts!