Monster Crown takes obvious inspiration from the old Pokémon games, but having been in early access on Steam for over a year and forming its own identity, we've got quite high hopes for this creature-taming RPG.
Unlike other Pokémon "clones", such as Nexomon, Monster Crown adopts a retro graphical style — harkening back to early Pokémon on the Game Boy and Game Boy Color — and it looks great in the screenshots that we've embedded below.
As for unique features, here's a quick overview of the game from the official press release:
- Make pacts with monsters to receive their protection in return for shelter
- Breed and fuse over 200 base monsters to create your own new species
- Travel across Crown Island with your monster allies to uncover a dark world
- Choose a pivotal decision that will drastically change the ending and post-game
- Play online to battle and trade, and have your new species reach across the globe
Monster Crown is set to release for PlayStation 4 on the 12th October — but are you itching for some old school RPG action? Assemble your best team of beasts in the comments section below.