Castle Crashers Remastered is a pretty straightforward update to the cult hit beat 'em up, but that doesn't mean it's any less fun. The PlayStation 4 re-release has been refreshed with higher resolution visuals and a rock solid, 60 frames per second performance, but it's otherwise the same cartoonish brawler you know and love, warts...
Only a few days to go
A couple of weeks ago, developer The Behemoth told us roughly when to expect Castle Crashers Remastered on PlayStation 4. The Nintendo Switch version is due for release on 17th September, and the studio said the PS4 port would come "shortly after" this date. However, things have now changed. It's been announced that Castle...
It's in the final stages of submission
The wait for The Behemoth's return to a Sony platform is almost over, with the developer confirming that Castle Crashers Remastered will launch on PlayStation 4 "shortly after" its release on Nintendo Switch next month on 17th September. As for why the PS4 version isn't coming at the same time at its...
Late to the party
Better late than never, we suppose. As teased last week, developer The Behemoth has announced its popular co-op beat 'em up is coming to PlayStation 4 with Castle Crashers Remastered. Writing on its blog, the studio states the remastered version of the game comes with all previously released DLC, performance and visual...
Well, this is a blast from the past. Remember Castle Crashers? Initially an Xbox 360 release, the cartoonish classic eventually came to PlayStation 3 in 2010. If you're unfamiliar with it, this indie title from developer The Behemoth blends various elements into a fast-paced, highly replayable brawler. It's an arcade, side-scrolling...
Hack, slash, and smash your way to victory in this Remastered edition of the popular 2D arcade adventure from The Behemoth! At 60FPS, Castle Crashers Remastered delivers hi-res visuals like nothing you've ever seen before. Up to four friends can play locally or online and save your princess, defend your kingdom, and crash some castles!
- Unlock more than 25 characters and over 40 weapons!
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game.
- Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Adorable animal orbs are your companions. Each adds different abilities to aid you on your journey.
- Arena mode: Battle other players in free-for-all or team matches!
- Back Off Barbarian mini game: Jump and hop across the level to avoid the enemies!
- Insane Mode: Test your skills in the ultimate campaign challenge