Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,982

RogerRoger

@TheLightSpirit
Untitled

This is all on-topic, by the way, as last night I randomly found myself playing GoldenEye: Rogue Agent on PS2. Despite being a huge disappointment, I often want to give its unique premise another chance, but vow to only play so long as I'm having fun... so, once those six minutes had passed, I went to bed, but the Bond mood is still with me today. I'm therefore about to start Blood Stone 007 on PC.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger @TheLightSpirit I had Rogue Agent on GameCube back in the day and it’s hilarious seeing it on 2 discs as if it’s some kind of massive AAA experience when it’s just a bit terrible! I remember it being really hard too, especially the Golden Gate Bridge level. The multiplayer was quite fun though as there were some silly weapons to use.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@TheLightSpirit Oh, it was absolutely a contrivance of EA's marketing department, designed purely to trade on the GoldenEye name. But I still kinda love the idea of mashing all the Bond villains together and making them fight for global dominance; it's like a kid gathering all his action figures together, and then throwing them at one another whilst yelling "Pew pew! Kaboom!!" in a vague Eastern European accent.

@nessisonett ...wait, the GameCube version came on two discs? Why?!

Do you mean the Hoover Dam level, from the campaign? Because the Golden Gate Bridge only appeared in the splitscreen multiplayer. I really respect the Hoover Dam level, considering it's such a faithful interpretation of the real thing, but you're right, it was pretty tough.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Yep, Hoover Dam sounds about right. I knew the Golden Gate Bridge was in there somewhere! The dual-wielding mechanic was actually pretty good for the time to be honest. The whole ‘golden eye powers’ thing is just bonkers though.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett When I was playing it yesterday (because I lied for comedic purposes; I actually ran through three of its levels) the dual-wield mechanic was my favourite takeaway. Being able to hold off the enemy with one hand whilst reloading something in the other was a tactical joy after the painfully-slow-yet-authentic reload animations in Medal of Honor (during which I'd invariably get myself all shot an' stuff).

Paul Oakenfold's overdriven techno soundtrack is also a guilty pleasure. It's hideously brilliant.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

My wee brother finished his home schooling stuff a bit early today so we played a game of the original Mario Party. Even on easy difficulty we got slaughtered by Peach. I’m trying to find a good retro game we can work our way through in co-op that isn’t too hideously overpriced these days but not sure what’s out there that isn’t a beat-em-up. I was thinking maybe Toejam & Earl but it’s really weird and esoteric. Zombies Ate My Neighbours is another possibility. Also strangely tempted to bring out The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King on GameCube from storage, I remember that being great fun!

Rudy_Manchego

I started up Ori and The Blind Forest, after my time spent on Hollow Knight and... it's fine. Controls feel a bit floaty. So I then booted up Hollow Knight again on Switch and have put another 4 hours into that. I think I may have a problem.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

ShaiHulud

@Rudy_Manchego I agree with you there - the controls feel very floaty and it didn't click with me at all. I also didn't like the melodramatic Disnified sentiment, but I guess I'm just a miserable git!

Sic semper tyrannis

Rudy_Manchego

@ShaiHulud Glad it is not just me. It's a good game but finding it hard coming from one platformer to this one. The sentiment is... well, it has kind of become a bit of an indie subgenre itself. I guess the original is one of the first to do it but I have seen quite a few similar themed and looking games.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Thrillho

@Rudy_Manchego I wholeheartedly endorse the playing of Hollow Knight so no intervention required.

If I get you to play the entire Yakuza series as well then my work here is done.

Thrillho

Rudy_Manchego

@Thrillho Ha ha - well, I have a couple of Yakuza games on the backlog - I think I have Zero and the one that was one PS Plus but they seem like pretty big time sinks (in a good way).

Th3solution

@Thrillho Have you actually played through all 8 (? Including Judgement) Yakuza games?
I feel like its a fairly short list of people who have accomplished that feat. @Rudy_Manchego Time sink is definitely an appropriate descriptor.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego If you ever stop playing Hollow Knight, maybe. But at this rate I envision you at the retirement home 50 years from now still trying to finish that post-game content in Hollow Knight.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution I have played Zero through to 4 so far and am in the midst of 5 now.

As well as Judgement (which I've bought but not played), there's also the new game Like a Dragon to make it nine main games. In addition, there's Fist of the North Star which is a completely different game but made by the same people with similar features so often gets thrown in with the Yakuza games but even more weirdly there is also the very non-canon Yakuza: Dead Souls too!

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic