Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,986

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Cool, good to know. It's obviously the way things are gonna go someday and hey, show me any game (physical, downloaded or streamed) which doesn't have an occasional issue.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger It’s definitely worth noting that my connection is pretty good and anything less than that would result in problems. Things will only get better, as D:Ream would say, but I’d say things are good enough to enjoy as it stands.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett "Things Are Good Enough to Enjoy As It Stands" must've been the B-Side.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I have what as classed as a medium internet speed, and streaming anything from PS Now gets a big no from me. Thankfully you can download PS4 and PS2 games, and I don't have much interest in pre PS4 games either.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I’m about 80Mbps, although I think ISPs only use megabits because it sounds higher and fools people who don’t know the difference. Megabytes are what most services measure in so they should show that figure, in my case roughly 10MBps.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett My speed is supposed to be 20 - 50Mbps but have only ever reached 35mbps max on PS4.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Do you use an Ethernet cable? I get about 64Mbps on my laptop through WiFi but up to 80Mbps on my PS4 through a wired connection.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I had the option to go fibre a couple years back, but I balked at the idea of an engineer visiting my apartment. My partner has super-fast internet and it's cool an' all but, for now, I'm stable enough to play a few rounds of Battlefront II and that'll do me fine.

Knowing that you can download PS Now games helps. I keep forgetting that.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I used to use those power line things but found it made little difference. My internet point is in the hallway of the flat, my router is the in my bedroom which is in the middle, and my ps4 and TV in the lounge which is the other side of the flat from the internet point.

@RogerRoger Yep got fibre too and is good for what I use it for, I can still stream a 4k movie no problem and downloading stuff doesn't take too long. Certainly an improvement on what I had a few years back. If I do wanna go one tier higher there would be a problem as it is not currently available where I live. Hopefully that would have changed by the time I need to upgrade again.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Ah yeah, that would be pretty inconvenient to run a line all the way to the PS4. Mine is in my living room so it’s simple enough. ISPs are my absolute pet hate, they provide a terrible service with loads of tiers designed to bamboozle unsuspecting customers. I couldn’t imagine having data caps either, it’s an absolute crime that there are still people in countries like the UK with home internet speeds worse than their phone’s cellular connection, just due to them not signing up to Sky or BT’s super special tier for special customers.

mookysam

@nessisonett BT are dreadful, mostly because of their absolute rubbish customer service and Openreach division. Years ago the internet went down for five days and after guiding me through a load of crap insisted that it was my line that was the issue. They eventually sent an engineer round, who told me there was nothing wrong at my end and it was actually a problem at the exchange. So BT lied to me and hid the fact that it was their fault. That was before I got fibre when my internet speed was around 1.5Mbps, wouldn’t stream anything and large game downloads took several days. I’m generally happy with my internet now as it’s a consistent 55Mbps, but I’m stuck with BT as they were the only fibre provider where I live.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

Really enjoying Assassin’s Creed Rogue despite playing as an utter jobbie with a truly terrible Irish accent. It’s the perfect mix of III and Black Flag while having its own unique identity.

nessisonett

Assassin’s Creed Unity booted up in a resolution I can only describe as... low. This is a good start.

Untitled

nessisonett

I seem to be permanently invincible in Jak II for some reason. Not that I mind, it’s running dangerously close to ‘total rubbish’ in my mind. I can’t think of another series where they completely change the style of game for the worse with the second entry.

Anti-Matter

So many.
DDR Konamix PS1 USA
DDR Hottest Party 3 Wii
Dragon Quest Heroes 1 PS4
Chocobo Racing PS1 Japan
Pocket Fighter PS1 Japan
FF IX Switch Asia

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Lucky! Wish I'd been invincible in Jak II. Are your vehicles also indestructible, or do they still explode when driving into a light breeze?

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Nah, they go boom attempting to fly them anywhere as I smash off the 4 million vehicles clogging the environments. The city is just so incredibly bad and utterly pointless, I don’t get it. Even overclocked, the Vita struggles to run the game and it’s even at a weirdly low resolution. I understand that I’m playing the worst version of the game but I’m not sure I could see it being very good on any other platform.

PSVR_lover

I am playing Shapeshifting Detective on my iPad. A really great game.

It’s quite different, in a really amazing way.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic