Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,988

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I've never played AC 3 but my nephew was a big AC fan at the time, but he could never get past the seemingly never ending tutorials!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@nessisonett Spoilers: 3 doesn't deliver.

Revelations used to be one of my favorites in the series. I know it's not the greatest, but it got some of my favorite gameplay elements, the story is quite nice and Istanbul is possibly my favorite city in the world. So that was. enough for me.

Three starts off great, but doesn't stay great. Very much a transitional title, as you'll be seeing many of the series' later staples origin there.

Kidfried

TheFrenchiestFry

@RogerRoger It's very interesting

It's really annoying how the key cards don't actually stack so you have to navigate your inventory for the correct one to unlock specific doors, and how Snake can't wear a gas mask and hold onto a key card at the same time so he has to unequip the gas mask when he's in a poisonous room, basically forcing him to take damage while the door opens and he gets let into the next area in Outer Heaven

Also this game probably punishes me for getting caught or spotted even more than any of the Solid games tbh. Enemies just swarm in like a beehive and not helping things is that I think they're actually able to aim their shots diagonally while my movement is restricted to just four directions

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@Th3solution @Kidfried Interesting to see two differing opinions! From what I understand, 3 is a very divisive game so it’ll be interesting to see which side I fall down on.

With Revelations, I’m nearing the end as it’s really not that long a game if you don’t bother with most of the side content. I’m enjoying it, it’s a more mature story as it deals with a more mature Ezio. It might lack a bit in charm but Istanbul/Constantinople is a pretty interesting setting and there have been some proper great set-pieces like stuff out of Uncharted or Tomb Raider.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@TheFrenchiestFry Thanks for your thoughts. I'm always keen to see what people make of it; sounds like some good ideas held back by the technology of the day (stuff which, thankfully, Kojima could continue to refine over four subsequent generations). The punishing difficulty when spotted is probably what holds me back the most, though, as I find older games tricky on my best day!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Decided to just go ahead and start yet another game of Oblivion. I do love it, even despite the hilarious balance issues. The setting’s probably the most beautiful in terms of traditional fantasy, even if I prefer Skyrim’s snowy landscapes. I’ve had no trouble finding loads and loads of quests even before bothering to dip into the main story. I appreciate the QOL changes from Morrowind to Oblivion, fast travel is a big help and at least I don’t miss 99% of my attacks to start with. Looking forward to spending many many hours in Cyrodiil again.

TheFrenchiestFry

Nier Automata on PC

Still an excellent game and the PC version at high settings looks gorgeous as hell. Especially environments like the Amusement Park and the camp where you meet up with Pascal

TheFrenchiestFry

dychomir

Ori and the Will of wisps. I am also considering Disco Elysium, I don't want to wait until next year but I don't want to miss out on the trophies either

dychomir

Kidfried

Dragon Quest XI S on the Switch!

Kidfried

Ralizah

Back to Digital Devil Saga 2 on the PS2. I'm in the final dungeon, and will be grinding mantras for a while, and trying to complete some of the optional boss fights in the meantime.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy So, I've beaten Jack Frost's quiz and figure I'll probably be able to face him in the final dungeon somewhere, but two of the bosses, I guess, require me to take items from powerful demons. Parvati and Narashimha both have a dialogue where they challenge you to take something from them. Does this game have a steal mechanic that I've not noticed? Do I have to kill them with certain spells?

@Kidfried How are you liking it so far?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah I didn't really dare to post here when I just started the game, because I was underwhelmed at first. The setup of the game is long winded and just goes from cliche to cliche. I still pushed through, but I really wondered when the game was actually going to "start".

I'm now 20-something hours in and enjoying the game way more. I'm playing it in short bursts mostly, so I'm not going to be making progress fast. And that's great too, it's just awesome to have this kind of fairy tale world to return to for half an hour every few days.

Anyway, my party's complete, my boat is sailing at full speed and I'm taking my time exploring Dragon Quest's world. And the game is getting better by the hour right now. I just love travelling from town to town, that sense of being on a big adventure, that the old Final Fantasies gave me. It's very old school, but it is all very well made. The battle system is turn-based perfection.

So, yea, it's quite good. Expect me to finish this one somewhere in 2021!

Kidfried

MarlonJohan

I've been playing the Trails series on PC which has been awesome. This is actually one of the few full series that I have re-played a lot of times because of the emotional connection that I have with it.

MarlonJohan

nessisonett

I’ve just started Final Fantasy V for the first time, I thought I might as well get round to it as it’s the only mainline FF I haven’t at least started. I’ve gone for the GBA version as the PS1 version apparently has a strangely bad script and annoying loading times.

Kidfried

@stuzster Both are brilliant games. Generation defining if you ask me!

Kidfried

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett Yes. the Advance versions of both FFV and FFVI are still the best versions of those respective games. Don't even get me started on their mobile ports.

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah, I have a patched cart of FFVI Advance that sorts the music and I’d say it’s the definitive edition. I’ve never been big on the classic medieval FF games compared to VII or X’s settings but I’m liking the light hearted tone so far!

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett Honestly after years of nothing but sci-fi or cyberpunk-influenced settings for recent Final Fantasy games, I'm glad XVI decided to actually take things back to basics in a sense. The return of the medieval setting to the series is actually pretty refreshing if you've followed these games as they were coming out, because after IX they didn't really return to that setting or aesthetic until now with main entries.

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Well my first game was III so I’ve flip-flopped between styles as I played through the entries. I still think VI has the best mix of cyberpunk and medieval, it feels like a true blend.

Ralizah

I don't necessarily mind more fantasy-themed settings (I love FFIV), but FFXVI barely even feels like a FF game to me. It's very dark and action-y looking, and the character designs aren't particularly memorable. Feels very Western-influenced.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic