Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,986

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yep i would say the next one i have the most of is Ocarina of Time, i have a Gold Cart on N64, a Grey cart on N64, the version that came with first runs of Wind Waker on GamCube, the version that came with the Zelda Collection on GameCube, the eShop version on Wii U and the 3DS version

and if you count them 2 versions of Master Quest

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo Importing the Switch cart that has a physical version of VII on it? I've thought about it. Getting yet another physical copy of VII after all these years seems... appealing, to some extent.

I'm afraid you've beaten me on the FFVII version ownership front. I don't own the game on either Xbox One or Android.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah i probably will import it actually all depends on the cost at the end of the day

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

For whatever reason I picked up my Vita last night and put on WipEout 2048 to play the HD pack - again, not entirely sure why, given that I was in my living room with the PS4 and Omega Collection available...

It was a nice time. I never took to the HD pack in 2048 (framerate and graphical adjustments turned me off it), but since I'd touched so little of it - it felt like a nice little while.

I have a free day tomorrow, I think Omega Collection is very much on the cards!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

Ended up taking my 2DS at work to play Pokémon Omega Ruby during my Lunch break.

Had left it off two years ago just outside of Roxanne with:

• lvl 1 Totodile
  • lvl 13 Elgyem
  • lvl 11 Nidoran (M)
  • lvl 11 Houndour
  • lvl 12 Petilil
  • lvl 11 Electrike

... Not bad at all past me!

Got to Dewford and faced Brawly... Everything but Nidoran and Elgyem fainted though. Stupid Machop, Bulk up and Karate chop

Also I ended up starting a new trend on Dewford Island of "Stardust" Parties that... Sounds just a bit dodgy

I spent the other half of my lunch hour trying Yo-Kai Watch 2 as there was a demo.

... All I did was walk out the house with a ghost and a cat after a talk with grandma and follow a flying giant doughnut to the nearby shed before proving my strength to a gaint cat who likes eating said doughnuts.

Then the demo ended.

It was moreso a light preview then a demo... It ended faster then it took to download!

Disliked the autobattling minigame laden battle system to say the least.

I looked up that the fourth actually has a normal turn based system? Could be worth another look then if it makes it out of Japan but I'm staying clear of the 2/3DS ones otherwise

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The combat in the first three games is what has kept me from even trying to give them a chance. I hate it. HATE HATE HATE the combat.

Combat in YW4 isn't turn-based, though. The closest thing I can compare it to is Xenoblade Chronicles.

Still not a fan of that IP, but the new combat system looks way more fun, and I respect the sheer level of innovation that went into this entry.

Edited on by Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

That... certainly isn't turn based @Ralizah!

I took the wording of the article I read about 4 of "you can give commands" and assumed it was more of a turn based system.

Have to admit that does look quite, dare I say, good?

Certainly taking advantage of the improved hardware with it being on PS4 alongside Switch as well!

Cheers for the link!

EDIT

At Slateport in Omega Ruby... A sailor on the beach ended up near wiping my entire party if it wasn't for Totodile and Ice Punch freezing it!

I'm a lot rustier then I thought I was!!!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

R1spam

Hi folks, just wondered if anyone has played dragon age origins recently and whether it still holds up? Love the medieval/fantasy combo and played mass effect trilogy for first time this year and loved them (first one is probs one of my favourite games ever now but some games age better than others.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

RogerRoger

@R1spam Yep, played the entire Dragon Age trilogy for the first time back in February.

Origins being the oldest does make it the toughest to fully immerse yourself in, and it does show its age in quite a few ways, but I was surprised by how engaging I found it (and this coming from somebody who absolutely hates the fantasy genre). It's the most RPG / stat-based of the lot, although on the lower difficulty settings you can ignore all that and just hit things with a big sword; that being said, given that your favourite Mass Effect is the first one, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

The storytelling is solid, most of the environments are interesting to explore (with only a handful of long slogs through beige castles) and the characters are memorable (although your protagonist doesn't speak; they do in the sequels, but not here). Even by today's standards, I'd give it a seven.

Dragon Age II quickly became one of my all-time favourite games, and Dragon Age: Inquisition is spectacular from beginning to end. Origins is important, if only as an introduction to them.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

R1spam

@RogerRoger thanks for that, sounds like you genuinely enjoyed your time and definitely convinced me to give it a go. I bought inquisition and tresspasser dlc on a mad psn sale for a fiver a few months back and keep toying with the idea of the simulate save website or playing the first two. I'll be heading down to CEX for origins and two now! P.s. love your reviews on the review/impressions threads 👍

RogerRoger

@R1spam Aww, thanks! Here's hoping I haven't led you down the garden path. Origins was made before the first Mass Effect, so expect it to be a little bit more of a backwards step, s'all.

When you're done, you'll still need to upload your PS3 save files from the first two games to the Dragon Age Keep, an online service which tracks all of your decisions, and then sign in on PS4 and download them before you start Inquisition. Don't worry, it's an easy thing. Use it to double-check that everything has been saved properly before you start, though, as it can sometimes make mistakes (or heck, you can change decisions you didn't like the outcome of).

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the franchise!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

R1spam

@RogerRoger will give this thread a shout when I start origins. I'm on the last chamber of portal and have half life 2 from the orange box to go but will be giving origins a bash when I finish! Was away to CEX tomorrow for home alone (Christmas time tradition in our house and all streaming platforms make it chargeable this time of year), so will pick origins up then.

HallowMoonshadow

Been playing Pokemon Omega Ruby most of tonight

Just beat Flannery and her dumb Torkoal.

Despite my Pokémon are all traded (and thus having boosted exp gains) I've not been too overlevelled through the campaign so far.

In fact Team Magma Leader Maxie on Mt Chimney sent me running to the pokémon centre!

Had some easy battles too though... But none of my pokes have great moves yet... My Croconaw doesn't even have a single water move yet!

• Croconaw
  • Houndoom
  • Manectric
  • Nidoran (M)
  • Petilil
  • Elgyem

Is my team as it stands at the moment (with a Linoone swapped in on routes as a HM user)

Gonna face Norman soon... And I only have Nidoran's Double Kick to help me against his tank of a Slaking!

DerMeister

I dunno why it took me so dang long to return to it, but I finally returned to Bioshock after owning it for two years, but never finishing it.

I think above all, it's world is the first thing that grabs me about it. The atmosphere is perfect for a pseudo horror game like this, and a 1940's underwater city is a very interesting setting.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Thrillho

@DerMeister I only played it with the remaster a year or two ago and enjoyed the game but it feels a little clunky compared to more recent games. The setting and story are top notch though, even if the WYK part is so well known now.

Bioshock Infinite is a masterful game too and I highly recommend it if you've not played that one (I actually played it before the others as it was a PS+ freebie on the PS3) and the DLC links the games together really well.

Thrillho

Ralizah

Just returned to my uncompleted playthrough of the Golden Deer route for Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Nearing 80 hours. It's insane how much longer this entry is than any of the other FE games I've played (which generally tend to average about 30 - 40 hours for me). And this game has three other story campaigns to complete!

Good thing it's a fantastic game.

RogerRoger

Fans are awesome.

So I decided to try and get Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness running on my PC, after downloading it from GOG.com the other day. It doesn't immediately work on Windows 10, but there's a very small box to tick in its convoluted Settings launcher that will suddenly make it run.

This game is the black sheep of the Tomb Raider franchise. Core Design were able to release three post-launch patches to try and fix its multitude of issues, but they just made things worse and created brand new bugs along the way. Since the PS2 was the primary focus of their truncated development, many features on console were never implemented on PC, despite being present in the code. Some of Lara's animations and abilities have been randomly disabled, weather effects are switched off, and even a couple of specific gameplay indicators are missing in action. There's no proper widescreen support, and the dozens of spelling and grammar issues in the inventory went unchecked. I was still able to apply maximum settings and make it run, and run okay, but it wasn't pleasant to play.

Enter the fans. Several very talented people have torn apart and re-built huge chunks of the game's files, fixing much of the above and making it all free for the community. Lara's entire move-set has been activated and her running speed increased to its original pace (for some reason, Core set it to 80% during development and forgot to switch it back). Rushed textures have been upscaled or replaced entirely. Text files have been proof-read properly. Certain characters will now actually move their lips whilst talking to you. It actually snows when NPCs talk about it snowing. All manner of glitches, bugs and other issues have been fixed, and it's now in widescreen, with high-resolution FMV cutscenes restored.

The whole modification process is relatively simple to follow, even for a layman like me, but still took me a couple hours. Just to make sure I hadn't broken anything, I booted up the opening level once I'd finished and the difference is like night and day. I've only ever played Angel of Darkness once, on PS2, so I'm really looking forward to experiencing it after all this new care and attention has been lavished upon it by its passionate fans.

I'm away until Sunday, so this'll be my next week or so. Can't wait!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Either my 2DS charger port is faulty or the charger itself has broke...

Either way my return to Pokémon Omega Ruby has been pretty brief!

Little disappointing but... ahh well, not too much in the grand scheme of things

Past week whilst I was away I only ended playing my ps4 once for about ten minutes before deciding I wasn't in the mood.

Thursday though I ended up booting Demon's souls and found I had a save from 2017 with ten hours to it. Within two hours I'd beaten the ManEater, The Old Monk, The Old Hero and the Storm King

Just beat the Blue Dragon that guards Boletaria palace (took twenty minutes though as I ran out of spices and arrows and had to use the fragrant ring to very slowly recover magic)

Only got The Valley of Defilement left (hadn't touched that at all it seems) to do!

... Also never knew you could use a Dualshock 4 on the ps3! Pretty handy considering that my DS3 has kinda busted! Plus the DS4 is much more comfy too

HallowMoonshadow

I did read that, obviously anything with motion controls is a no go... Thanks for the list though @KratosMD!

I beat The Leechmonger and the Dirty Collossus today as well in Demon's Souls.

Kinda weird how I ended up playing this of all things from a save 2 years ago.

It's quite surreal as well as I've only played this through before once otherwise (disregarding when I made this save and never got back to it) which as I've mentioned before, was my first Souls and took me all of my christmas holidays with about 50 hours played just to get it...

So beating six bosses in five or so hours of gameplay? Utter madness and yet very cathartic at the same time...

Tasuki

Well since I got a new laptop for Black Friday, I have been playing alot of my old PC games that I haven't been able to play since my desktop blew up a few years ago. Stuff like Sierra's City Builder Series and of course World of Warcraft. Now my laptop cant run the newest WoW but it can run WoW Classic which is fun for me since I never played WoW from the beginning.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic