Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,988

LtSarge

I'm 8 hours into Persona 3 Portable on Vita and the game is starting to click with me now. However, the game just doesn't have much to offer in terms of story. Usually there's a build-up between each month for the next dungeon or when a new character joins. But after I defeated the first main boss, the game just continued like nothing happened. No celebration, no cut-scene, nothing. There is also nothing else going on in terms of side activities, e.g. the team going on a camping trip or visiting a TV station. It just feels so underwhelming compared to P4 and P5. You can clearly tell this is the "first" Persona game so to speak. But maybe it's still too early to say what the game will be like. Hopefully the game becomes more like the later entries.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge Persona 3 isn’t the first Persona to have the things you’ve mentioned. Persona 1 and 2, especially 2, have unique dialogue in every single room in the game, which also changes as major events take place in the world. Persona 3 also does have a very detailed story, it just doesn’t force feed you ‘go to bed Joker’ as it blends the dungeon crawling with the full moon events. 8 hours into a game as long as Persona 3 isn’t a true representation of the overall game anyway. It does have segues like the trips in Persona 4 and Persona 5, they just naturally take place more than a handful of weeks into the game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

mookysam

@LtSarge You're still very early in the game. Although it's a bit of a slow-burner to begin with, the story is actually very intricate, with a lots exciting twists and turns. As for the P4-style camaraderie, it is there (and there are trips later on), but the tone is very different. It's much darker than the following games, and dare I say it more focused in its storytelling and thematic intensity.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

LtSarge

@nessisonett @mookysam Alright guys, I'll keep playing and see if I change my mind. Naturally this is a long game but I did get great impressions with P4 and P5 when I played them for the first time. Not so much with P3 though, but at least it has that "P4 feel" that P5 doesn't have. I can't stop thinking about the game and its soundtrack when I'm at work. This is definitely going to be a game that I'll be playing in short bursts across multiple months before finishing it.

LtSarge

XandertheWise

Games Im playing but not right now

Zelda Ocarina for my Nintendo 3DS
Alliance Allive for my Nintendo 3DS
Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 5 for my Nintendo Switch Lite
Tales of Vesperia for my Switch Lite
Ni No Kuni II for my Switch lite
Final Fantasy Type 0 for my X Box One S
Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2 for my Nintendo Switch Lite
Dino Crisis, Mega Man Legends 1, Medeivel, Breath of Fire III, and Grandia for my Playstation 3 and/or PSP

XandertheWise

Ralizah

@XandertheWise You mean games you've started but aren't actively playing?

Gotta say, juggling that many JRPGs in one go is an interesting choice.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

XandertheWise

I am playing them but not right now since im busy in the beginning of Xenoblade 3.

Ni No Kuni II and Resident Evil 5 and Kingdom hearts 3 are the ones that i am currently busy with too besides Xenoblade 3

XandertheWise

Ryall

Bayonetta 2 on WiiU I am really enjoying it and it’s certainly better than the first one.

I’ve forgotten how awful the Wii U gamepad tendency to go flat in the middle of the action is. I often have to grab an additional controller rapidly on PS5. but with the WiiU nothing to do but plug it in and wait.

Ryall

LtSarge

Started playing the first Lego Batman on Xbox 360. This was actually one of the first games I got with my 360 back in 2010. It's so weird to see that my last achievement in the game was from 2010, over 12 years ago lol.

I never finished the game, I probably only played it for an hour. So I'm looking forward to playing through it now. It's actually quite refreshing to play a linear Lego game instead of an open world one. I could use a simple and mindless game to play right now.

LtSarge

Ralizah

@Ryall Wii U Pro Controller. Lasts 80 hours per charge.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ryall

@Ralizah That would be the best solution. However I’m not about buying new hardware to finish the final game in my backlog.

Ryall

LN78

@Ryall You can buy an extended battery kit off eBay for next to nothing if you don't want to buy a new controller. Nintendo really cheaped out by putting the lower capacity battery in as standard.

LN78

LtSarge

I'm roughly 20 hours into Persona 3 Portable now and while I'm enjoying the game a lot, it's not getting any better. The story is literally going nowhere. After three in-game months, there's been no major development or incentives given to the player in order to keep progressing through the story. Not to mention that literally nothing is happening. I know some have told me that these social events happen later on but I'm literally in June now in the game and there's been no event like in P4 and P5 so far. Even if it does occur later on, it shouldn't take this long for something fun or interesting to happen. It's absurd.

Not to mention that the stupidest thing I've seen so far with this game is that your team mates aren't social links. What the hell? The developers have assigned too many random people that I don't give a crap about social links instead of your own team mates. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen, how do they expect players to grow fond of the team members when you can't interact with them or learn about their background? Literally every time I return from the dorm, I desperately try to talk with them in order to learn more about them but they most often just say the same things or give you battle advice. It's so disappointing.

If I knew back in 2016 what I know now about the Persona series, I would tell myself to play through these games in order because they do get better and better for each entry. I would've liked P3P so much more if it was my first Persona game. But now it's so underwhelming.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge All female party members are social links. The male party members are social links in the FeMC route. Think you need to max out each of the three social stats to access the three links for the party members though, similar to how you unlock the other social links by getting ranks 2 and 4.

LtSarge

@nessisonett So you're telling me that not only can I not hang out with the males in my team in this playthrough, I'll only be able to hang out with the females towards the end of the game? Great..

Can you at least romance team mates in this game?

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge Yes, the social links with party members are fairly romantically tinged therefore due to Atlus being chickens they only did it for opposite-sex party members. Almost every social link with a character of opposite sex that’s a similar age to the protagonist can end romantically at rank 10 as well. You’ve got until January 31st so use your time wisely.

LtSarge

@nessisonett That's good to know, thanks for the help! At least I know what my options will be so that I don't jump ahead with one relationship and end up regretting it later on. Not that I think I will, but who knows, maybe if I hang out with my team mates I'll get to know them better and ultimately like them more.

LtSarge

Anti-Matter

Kirby Star Allies.
Have unlocked the Divine Terminus.

Anti-Matter

XandertheWise

been currently playing Xenoblade 3. Curretly in Chappter 3 and at Teion's old Colony place at the waterfall area.

Have everyone up to level 50

XandertheWise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic