Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,987

mookysam

@LtSarge I haven't played Fable 2 or 3 in years, so can't say how well they hold up today, but 2 was one of my favourite games on the 360. I really loved it. it's thoroughly charming and the music is gorgeous. It was also a big deal for me because it was the first game I played that allowed same-sex romance. It's a lot more open than the first game, with larger areas, more features, more detailed gameplay, and more player choice.
Fable 3 was a bit controversial at the time because only 2/3 the game is a traditional Fable RPG, but I still enjoyed it a lot.

Something about Fable Anniversary feels off, and it's clearly made on a shoestring budget. I do like that the backwards compatibility cleans up the image nicely thanks to the increased resolution, inbuilt texture filtering, and it also benefits from FPS boost.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Bentleyma

I am currently playing Paper Mario: The Origami King on Switch. It’s really good so far. I wasn’t sure if I was going to enjoy the battle system, but so far I am. The game makes me laugh too.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Ralizah

@Bentleyma I loved The Origami King. So many people sleep on it because it's not an RPG, but it also improves on the older games in a variety of ways. And the game's story is shockingly emotional. There are a few things holding it back, but, IMO, it's a superb title nonetheless.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

PSVR_lover

Playing Dangaronpa on my iPad, quite fun as always.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Bentleyma

@Ralizah I do miss the RPG elements, but I’m not going to shoot down a game because it’s not something it’s not trying to be. The most important thing is they’ve kept the humour and the gameplay is fun… oh and it looks fantastic too.

Bentleyma

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma Despite not being much of a Mario fan, I adored The Origami King, and reckoned it was one of the most wholesome, charming and yet also surprising games I'd ever played. Funny as heck, beautiful to look at, and I didn't even mind screwing up certain battles. Really glad you're enjoying it!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Think I’m near the end of Arkham Origins. Fought Bane and ‘locked up’ Joker because that will totally last long. Troy Baker just sounds wrong. Like a kinda rubbish impersonation of Mark Hamill. Which is a shame, because some of the comics accurate scenes of The Joker’s past were brilliant, if only they were done with Hamill instead. Still enjoying the game though, really liked the more linear hotel section. The big electric glove things are a good addition too.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett That whole section certainly feels like an ending, doesn't it? And I completely agree with you regarding the lack of Mark Hamill. I think Arkham Origins delivers the best representation of the Joker's character out of the entire series, so it's borderline criminal that he's lacking his best voice.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

The problem with getting a Switch with a lot of games is that I’m finding it hard to stick to one game at a time! I just started Bravely Default II. It’s nice to be playing an old school JRPG. I like the general look of the game, but the characters look a bit off.

Untitled

Other than that I can’t really (Bravely De)fault it.

Bentleyma

LtSarge

Started playing Fez on 360. Very impressed by the game so far! I've apparently been playing it for an hour now, which didn't feel like it at all. It's very easy to get absorbed into the game and be in constant awe as you're playing it. It did feel a bit overwhelming at first since there are so many different paths you can take, but I think I'm just going to focus on one thing at a time and just enjoy the experience. It's a very relaxing game, it kinda gives off Terraria vibes for me. Soothing music, nice-looking environments and so on. This is definitely something I need to play now in between my playthroughs of Mass Effect Andromeda and Steins;Gate 0.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@Iver I’ve played the Sinnoh games many many times over the years. I’ve picked Turtwig once! I just always preferred the other two 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Anti-Matter

The Sims Bustin' Out Gamecube
Still have some missions at Tinsel Bluff Mansion to be finished.

Anti-Matter

XandertheWise

earlier today from 3 to 7 pm i was playing Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order for my X Box One S. had to take a break to eat something for supper

XandertheWise

KilloWertz

Halo 2 on my Series X. It was a struggle making it through Halo CE recently as it has dated very poorly for me, but so far Halo 2 is as great as remember it being way back on the original Xbox. It also looks great.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Anti-Matter

The Sims Bustin' Out Gamecube
Still have some missions at Pixel Acre to be finished.

Anti-Matter

colonelkilgore

My Code Masters Evercade cartridge just arrived… Sensible Soccer, Pete Sampras Tennis, Cannon Fodder and Mega-lo-mania could be the reason for me to actually hook this thing up!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Qu1n0n3z

Starting this friday I'll be playing the new pokemon game until Feb 18.

Qu1n0n3z

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic