Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,982

nessisonett

@Keith_Zissou I’ve got an external disc drive for my laptop which I then use to run the emulator PCSX2 using the disc. You can upscale that to 4K on even a laptop a few years old now which is pretty impressive. And since it’s using the disc, you don’t need to worry about sourcing dodgy disc images online.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BowTiesAreCool

@JohnnyShoulder didn't know this. Might just go around saving old discussions with a throwaway comment. Like a Forum Jesus

BowTiesAreCool

PSVR_lover

I am playing Gray Matter on the PC. It’s very good.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Th3solution

I finally got my Vita out of hibernation and I’ve forgot what a nice little device it is. I’m amazed it still works well, it seems. The battery isn’t that great, I got about 2-3 hours out of a charge today. For as ancient as it is (it’s an original release OLED, the 3G version with cellular capability 😅) its holding up pretty well.

It is a little slower than I remember; I think I’ve been spoiled now by my PS5 and how quickly it boots and loads a game. Still, it runs well.

——————

Started playing Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight, a game I’ve had stuck on the ol’ backlog for a while. I bought it and P3 Dancing in Moonlight in a sale a long time ago and long since finished P3DIM but had to postpone P5DIS until I had finished the base P5 game. After I finally accomplished that a couple months ago, I’d forgotten about the Dance game sequel until just recently. I finally started it today and it’s really fun! It feels extremely familiar, just like the first two dance spin-offs for P4 and P3 — same mechanics, same set-up, just the characters and music is all P5. It’s a wonderful mindless reflex-driven music rhythm game. It fits the Vita really well.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution Nice to see you start it up so soon after we talked about it a couple of weeks ago! I can just imagine how great it must feel to play it on the Vita. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck of finding Vita copies of the game so I had to settle with the PS4 version. It was still a fun experience!

How are you finding the social mode of the game?

LtSarge

nessisonett

I’ve started Tomb Raider 1. I’ve never played classic Tomb Raider outside dicking about in the mansion so this should be a fun experience. One level down at least!

Th3solution

@LtSarge Yeah, that must have subliminally prompted it to the surface and I’m glad to have started it.
The social mode is fun, mostly as just a way to ‘hang out with the gang’ again. Nothing earth-shattering from a story standpoint yet. But I do like how the basic story of the game ties in the 3 dance games all together. It having been over 2 years since I played the P4DAN and P3DIM I am rusty on the narrative, but I liked that the twins introduced the ball summarizing that one of their sisters (Margaret from P4) had a team who overcame a conflict through dance (alluding to the more fleshed out story in P4DAN) and that their other sister (Elizabeth from P3) had started a competition with her team and now the twins want to win the competition. It at least gives some motivation for this ball to be occurring and a decent excuse to have the game. I thought it was funny how they had to explain a few thing like Morgana turning back into a cat and The Twins splitting back into two again. 😅
I like how the social updates come pretty quickly though. It’s a nice pattern of do a couple songs then read a social interaction or two, then do a couple songs again, etc. It makes it flow and it’s like that “Maybe I’ll do just one more song…” play sessions that end up dragging on for two hours. 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution Haha yeah I had the same experience, once I started playing one song it was hard for me to put down the controller. It's a really fun game! Glad to hear that you're enjoying the story and yeah I agree, it's nice that they managed to tie everything together with the other two games.

Just thought to let you know, but you might encounter grinding down the line as a lot of the confidants have specific requirements for how you unlock their interactions. That's my main gripe with the game, otherwise it was fun switching between playing songs and hanging out with your friends. Also, do note that in order to "complete" the game and see the credits roll, you'll have to do all interactions with Caroline and Justine. I was kinda confused for a while on how to beat the game because I had played all the songs but the game was still not over. But yeah, thought it might be helpful to know what the "goal" of the game is.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Thanks, that’s helpful. I’ve been keeping an eye on the requirements for each of the confidants and also the requirements to unlock the support and challenge modifiers. I’m up to rank 5 with Justine and Caroline already, so it’s coming along pretty well but I didn’t realize that’s how to get to the end game.

Thrillho

@nessisonett Despite them being so regarded for the time, I never got into the old Tomb Raider games.

I was reasonably young when they first came out but I felt they were too vague in guiding you through levels and the gunplay felt pretty woeful. Will be interesting to hear how you find them now!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho My thoughts so far are mostly ‘dear Jesus these controls are unresponsive’. There’s a whole section where you have to make a few placed jumps in succession and one fall sends you into the water. I finally did it then fell off the top because Lara goes from 0-60MPH in about 4 hundredths of a second. Brilliant.

nessisonett

@Th3solution Essentially that, yeah 😂😂

colonelkilgore

Starting Metal Gear Solid 2 tomorrow. Have loved pretty much every one of the series I’ve played so far, so pretty excited to see where this one goes.

**** DLC!

Ralizah

Almost done with Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne HD Remaster now (Switch version).

Also playing Persona 4 on the PS2 with my nephew (slowly), and trying to will myself to go back to Super Paper Mario on the Nintendo Wii. Really disappointed with it, as The Thousand Year Door and The Origami King were both great games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

PSVR_lover

Playing Gray Matter on the PC.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I hope you're enjoying the original Tomb Raider there! You playing PC or PSone?

@colonelkilgore I envy you, experiencing MGS2 fresh for the first time.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger The PS1 version on Vita! It’s been pretty good so far, minus the ridiculous physics and unresponsive controls.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett ...so that just leaves, what? Audio and graphics?!

In all seriousness, you're not wrong. Despite having played them since childhood, I always have to wrestle with a period of brain readjustment whenever I return to any of those PSone games. You can't think about how things should work; you just have to work with how they do.

Am glad you're enjoying yourself regardless. Must be a good fit for PS Vita!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

@nessisonett @RogerRoger Playing PS1 games that require using the d-pad on the Vita is such a blessing. That Vita d-pad is absolutely wonderful and makes for much better controls than playing the games on PS3. Especially games that have tank controls, such as Tomb Raider and Resident Evil.

Vita is seriously the gift that keeps on giving.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic