Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey -OT-

Posts 101 to 113 of 113

johncalmc

@Ralizah I didn't care for the ending either but then I guess I wasn't particularly invested in the story anyway. It's just an excuse to get Mario to do cool stuff and jump on things.

johncalmc

Twitter:

PS_Nation

I finally arrived in Metro Kingdom and it's really impressive.

Mario dancing is hilarious. xD

PS_Nation

kyleforrester87

@PS_Nation Haha yes it is. I'm going through the worlds in order again now trying to collect everything, looking forward to getting back there. Make sure you get your suit on.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

PS_Nation

@kyleforrester87 Absolutely! I got the suit already, lol.

Btw, do you need to jump the rope 100 times to get another moon? My record is 46 jumps, it's really difficult.

PS_Nation

kyleforrester87

I got 30 seconds flat on the race in Cascade Kingdom though which isn't bad! Could shave a second or two more off it I think with some persistence.. or maybe there's an even quicker route..

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@PS_Nation Yes, you do need to jump it 100 times for the second moon.

Friendly reminder: jump every time you hear the "hey!"

Oh, and for anyone struggling with the second beach volleyball moon, a possibly helpful tip: switch to two-player mode, move Mario off the field and just use cappy to hit the ball.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah How do you control Cappy by the way? I haven't tried it yet, is he like a levitating cap, or do you still have to throw him?

Octane

johncalmc

I was stuck doing the 1,000 jump-rope jumps trophy on Final Fantasy IX, and so I decided to play Super Mario Odyssey and then I got to the jump-rope challenge and I was like

Untitled

On the plus side the Mario one is much easier.

johncalmc

Twitter:

PS_Nation

@Ralizah Thanks for the tip! I'm still struggling though, lol, now my record is 64. I will still try it, not having all the power moons of this game will be unacceptable.

Edited on by PS_Nation

PS_Nation

Ralizah

@Octane In two player mode? Press the throw button. He permanently comes off Mario's head until you push that button again. Meanwhile, he just sits around, spinning in the air. Crucially, he moves much more quickly than Mario.

@PS_Nation I haven't found any moons that are too intolerable yet, although I'm not a huge fan of the jump rope, sand walking, or puzzle recreating moons.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 didn't realise you ha a Switch, good to see you're enjoying Mario. I've just passed 500 moons and completed Darker side of the moon and it's one of the best levels on the game with a nice bonus for completing it

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.