Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,585

RogerRoger

With the recent news that NaughtyDog are shutting down the servers for their major PS3 games, my "someday I should return to the PS3 and buy everything I could possibly want before it's too late" feeling popped back up again yesterday. I've been meaning to go back and get the inFamous games anyway, but I used the moment to clear out the PS Store whilst online.

For just under £50 of PSN credit, I downloaded and installed:

Driver (PSone Classic)
The inFamous Collection (inFamous, inFamous 2 and inFamous: Festival of Blood)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Digital Deluxe Edition)
Lara Croft Avatars x6
Sonic the Hedgehog Avatars x2

I'd always steered clear of those two Splinter Cell games before; at first, because I heard that Double Agent doesn't run great on PS3, then because Conviction went Xbox Exclusive and then because Michael Ironside didn't voice Sam Fisher in Blacklist. But I figured the regret of never being able to play them would be worse than having those concerns realised, and I might play them before I play inFamous (which, if I like, will lead me to the PS4 for the sequels and therefore be a much bigger, more time-consuming undertaking).

Might also return with another £20 credit to nab the pair of Rainbow Six: Vegas games I saw on there, just because I was always kinda curious about them.

So that's basically my summer's gaming sorted.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

The inclusion of Gunstar Heroes on the mini Mega Drive should make it an essential for everyone.

Thrillho

Ralizah

@Thrillho What about those of us who own the superior 3DS port of that game?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Thrillho

@Ralizah You can never own too much Gunstar Heroes. I already have it on the Wii and PS3. I was even on the global leaderboard for the game on PS3 at one point.

Thrillho

KALofKRYPTON

@Ralizah You get to play it with a much better controller

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

SilentE

@RogerRoger Infamous was the first PS3 game I ever played back in 2009 when I first got one. Loved that game so much. I need to try the sequels eventually.

Edited on by SilentE

SilentE

RogerRoger

@SilentE Always good to hear another positive impression; I picked them up on the recommendation of a couple fellow PushSquarians, so any more just reinforces that I've made a good choice. Thanks!

Will post thoughts about the sequels as / when I get to them.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

Bought the PlayStation Classic Mini with the Days of Play sale. For that amount you can't really go wrong. It has a lot of games I never even played back in the nineties.

Highlight so far: Ridge Racer. Runner-up: Intelligent Qube.

Would I recommend it? Never over the SNES Mini at least. I'll get enough fun out of it, though.

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=5060004765737&cate...
They have one in stock in the shop 3 minutes walk from where I work...

I just wanted you to know it's your fault if I stumble in to Cex and buy it

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON

Untitled
**Edgelordyness Intensifies**

At least it's got a decent soundtrack... well, okay, at least it's got a soundtrack.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger He's just so intense!

KALofKRYPTON

@MadAussieBloke
That looks a lot like how they thought True Lies would end up

RR529

Just ordered Katamari Damacy Reroll (Switch) from GameStop (I believe the physical version is a GS exclusive).

Never played one of these before, but I've heard good things.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 Oh, you're in for a treat. Enjoy!

Making It So Since 1987

Haruki_NLI

Oh my God so pre-owned stores love me now.

Link's Awakening (GameBoy)
A boxed copy of Spyro the Dragon, my first ever game.
Horizon Zero Dawn, why not right?

Gamecube Memory Card
Gamecube, all in box
GameBoy Player
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (GCN)
Spyro: A Hero's Tail (GCN)
Pikmin (Wii)
Spyro: Shadow Legacy
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

More money than sense.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RogerRoger

@Knuckles-Fajita That's a lot of Spyro!

Where'd you snag the GameCube from? I'm in the market for a decent, like-new N64 but haven't found one I trust enough on eBay yet.

Making It So Since 1987

Haruki_NLI

@RogerRoger CeX here in the UK. Cost £70, all cables, great condition, and a controller.

GameBoy Player came with the disc and was £85.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RogerRoger

@Knuckles-Fajita Ah, cool. Might be pushing it to expect my local to have an N64 in the window, but still could give 'em a try, I guess. Glad you found a good one!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger You can go on the CEX website and see if they have stock in a local store. You put your post code/Town in and the nearest stores that has stock will list. Used to do it with PS4 games all the time.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks for the tip! Didn't know that.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic