Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 2,436

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo I couldn't care less to be honest. Halloween is just 1 day (or more like 1 night) and that's the very last day of October too. Friday 13th may well be a 'orror' game but its not a 'Halloween' horror as that's not even the right day. As a game, its also mediocre and died pretty quickly after launch - its also not that dissimilar from Dead by Daylight too - which was probably better without the 'Friday 13th' license.

Given the choice between PS+ and GwG this month, GwG would certainly be my preference - however, as I don't have to choose as I have access to both, I certainly won't be adding any of the PS+ offerings and I have a lot of new games to keep me busy as well...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Tasuki

@BAMozzy I have to wonder what is going on with MS. They usually have a great month with GwG but the last few have been bad. They must have got someone new in charge of GwG or something

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

NecuVise

This month isn't bad and I'd gladly swap it out with psplus.
Besides, they have gamepass now, so I reckon publishers are more likely to put their games on gamepass than games with gold.

NecuVise

Jaz007

@NecuVise I agree about Plus. I'd rather have overcooked and Blood Money than anything in the Plus line-up. I'd consider a decent month for Plus if we had it.

Jaz007

NecuVise

@Jaz007 Victor Vran would at least give some condolences to that diablo 3 rumor and I'd like to play it.

NecuVise

BAMozzy

@NecuVise Whilst its not as bad as PS+, also helped by the BC XB360 games of course, its still not a great month. Had PS+ offered the rumoured Diablo and Nioh, that would be a great month and then GwG would look very mediocre comparatively. Maybe the fact that PS+ is actually worse, makes MS's appear better but its still not a 'great' month.

@Tasuki Since Game Pass, especially since MS added their exclusives available on launch day, the GwG games have certainly been quite lacklustre. Not counting the 360 games, which maybe old but are often AAA classics (unlike Sony's PS3 offerings), but the actual XB1 games have seemed to drop in quality and value since March time. It will be interesting to see a comparison between 2017 and 2018 - in terms of value (RRP of games) - to see whether or not we are getting less. Obviously AAA games tend to be more expensive but also games that tend to catch the eye and excite more people when it comes to PS+/GwG announcements. Indies may well be more niche, may well offer more variety, but don't necessarily have the impact of AAA titles. Until Game Pass came, MS were certainly offering more AAA XB1 releases.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Kidfried

I don't know, man. If there's one game in the selection that has good reviews or at least I would play, than I'd consider it a good month. So, on PS I'm definitely playing Laser League and 2064. On Xbox I would play Victor (already have Overcooked). Seems like a pretty decent month for both.

With the small amount of money I pay monthly I don't feel like I should expect a Bloodborne or Metal Gear Solid V every month.

Kidfried

NecuVise

@BAMozzy I'd be glad to get overcooked and Victor Vran, but to each their own I guess.

NecuVise

BAMozzy

@NecuVise I guess it comes down to perception. I also never said it was a 'bad' month, just not a great month. If PS+ had offered Nioh and Diablo, as the rumour suggested, then the Xbox XB1 games would have been seen as lacklustre by comparison. Overcooked, whether you like it or not, is a mobile style game - something you may also find on Facebook. Victor Vran is a Diablo 3 clone in a lot of ways too - one of the reasons I will add it to my collection - but neither are high profile or likely to be seen as a desirable as getting a big AAA blockbuster. Its more about the calibre, the profile and general perception of the games on offer more than the games themselves. A 'great' month would be high profile, high rated AAA games where a 'bad' month would be a couple of mediocre, niche indie titles that a lot of people weren't even aware existed.

From my point of view, I will add VV to my collection which is more than I will add from PS+ so its not as if I won't benefit from being a Gold subscriber this month. I don't subscribe to gold or PS+ specifically for the free games and well aware that the RRP of the games, if I were to buy, are worth more than I pay for Gold - Gold is also cheaper than PS+ and that's also not including the AAA BC XB360 titles we get. I see these more as a 'bonus' for being a subscriber but that doesn't mean that some months are better than others, some bonuses are actually bonuses I want and will benefit from where as other months may be like getting no bonus at all because nothing appeals.

I know you say you are glad to get these bu I also bet you can think of other games that would elevate the month from being 'OK' to great. Its not a big deal to me, just passing on the information to others here that may not be aware of what next month's free games are. I will be too busy to play these any way with Spider-Man, Destiny Forsaken, Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed, Forza Horizon 4 and RDR2 all fighting for my attention. As such, these won't get a look in at all - but then neither would a LOT of high profile AAA games had they been offered instead.

NecuVise

@BAMozzy overcooked certainly isn't a mobile style game which you would find on Facebook, whether you like it or not. It may be your preference to not like that kind of a game but it's a very good game which thankfully got a sequel and both of them got high praises.

If you care about perception of the game then that's your problem not game's. Nioh is also dark souls clone. diablo 3 is a 6 years old game. Perception as you say.

NecuVise

Kidfried

@BAMozzy Yes, I can certainly think of games I want more. But I also wish all games were free.

I can want more, but is that reasonable if I get my money's worth almost every month?

Kidfried

MaccaMUFC

Played a little of Overcooked, it wasn’t too bad but rather play it on a mobile. I’ll give Victor Vran a go. Already own Stuntman Ignition, I think it’s a good game it’s different to other games that are out these days, reminds me of the days from playing Driver. Hitman Blood Money, what a game even touted as the best in the series. I’m glad this is added this month, I actually bought this before it was made BC but for some reason it was saying I had to buy it even though my son could just install it, we both game share so it was odd that I couldn’t download it on my profile.

MaccaMUFC

FullbringIchigo

so i was looking at this and noticed it had (small) LB & RB buttons on it so i was wondering, can you use these on normal XB1 games and on P.C or does it only work with OG XB games on the BC list?
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Oh wow, that looks like it's the size of my head.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder it is big isn't it although strangely i always liked the "Duke" controller

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki cool, thanks

BAMozzy

I liked the Duke - despite its size. It was reassuringly large and comfortable for me as someone with big hands and felt built for adults. In a time when controllers were 'small', this felt great. I must admit though that when MS brought out the 'small' version, that was 'perfect' and so much so that the subsequent Xbox controllers have all been of similar size. Now even PS4's DS4 is of similar size too..

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy you know what's strange, the Duke even though it's bigger was always more comfortable for me that the "s" and even the 360 controller, they always made my hands cramp but the Duke was perfect

even with the XB1 i still experience a little discomfort with the controller, that's why i'm looking at this as i could use a new controller anyway

strange thing is the PS controllers were never an issue for me, i think it might be something with how i have to hold them and their shape

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo I know everyone is different so I am sure that there are some that preferred the Duke to the 's'. I can't deny that I enjoyed the size and compared to the DS, so much more comfortable to use. I found those tapering horns to be incredibly uncomfortable to hold and combined with layout and positioning of everything, caused my hand to cramp after relatively short gaming sessions. I thought it was the symmetrical layout that was the biggest issue (with the weird trigger angle as a secondary issue) - both more of an issue than the grips. However, with the DS4 having more bulbous grips, the symmetrical layout doesn't bother me now and the controller fits my hand without causing pain.

I know that people are different so there will be some that found the Duke far too big and heavy. Some that prefer Sony over MS's layout - even though the asymmetrical layo proven to be the best for the majority of games (maybe not games that have a bigger emphasis on the D-Pad) and I know some will argue that - mostly because they are accustomed to Sony's layout. However its still great that we have options to suit preference.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic