Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 2,436

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Ah yes, the ‘Xbox ecosystem’ that totally doesn’t sound weirdly shady like a cult 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

blacklivesmatter

Great that Microsoft are adding project xcloud for the games pass games in September. Microsoft have been so progressive with adding value to the system over the last year.

Afte being a PS player for so long took me a while to get used to the sbox controller but I now prefer it to the playstation controller and so great just to swap batteries rather than having to use the cable to charge it.

blacklivesmatter

themcnoisy

@blacklivesmatter or look at it like this;

Xbox have just taken down the 12 month xbox gold. On xbox gold for around £40 a year you would get 20+ games to play and keep. Over say 6 years that's 120 games of good quality. They are purposefully scaling that back to push the more expensive xbox game pass which will inevitably house 10-20 good games on a rotation filled out with crap to make the 100 games.

This is Bad for gamers.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

Draco_V_Ecliptic wrote:

Anyone else watch the XBox Series X reveal event hoping to see Elden Ring footage? Did you see the Fable trailer? (PS5 as well, I presume)

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Fable on PS5? That is a MS exclusive. It was already reported a few days ago that there would be no Elden Ring footage, so the chances of that showing up were very slim.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

I really did feel that it was just as good as the PS5 reveal, some great games in there. Not fussed about Halo but I sure am glad that I have a PC, I’ve been waiting on a new STALKER for years and years. With that and Vampire the Masquerade coming back, that’s two absolute cult classics getting the love they deserve.

AdamNovice

I think the problem is xbox couldn't afford to put on a decent show to get people to buy a xsx, they needed a stellar one and so far the general reaction is they didn't do enough.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah Bloodlines 2 looks decent, will probably get that on PS5. Not played the previous game but reminds be a bit of Dishonored from what I've seen.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder All we need now is another Deus Ex or Thief and it’s the trifecta of underrated PC games from back in the day.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett They tried and failed to reboot Thief as an early PS4 game, so I'm unsure they would try again. The two recent Deus Ex games were alright but I think the dev team has moved onto other games now. But you never know.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Ah yes, we don’t speak about that Thief game! It’s never good when the original two games on PC are more fun without patches on Windows 10 than a literal current gen game.

redd214

@AdamNovice I agree with that sentiment. After watching it again it's more like it was an hour long Gamepass commercial than a big next gen blowout (not that there's anything wrong with that)

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@AdamNovice Yeah i agree and commented something similar on the poll article yesterday. Also their main game Halo was not looking impressive at all.

Black_Swordsman

@KratosMD Fable Anniversary is a great game. Great endgame content/weapons and armour as well, although there are other OP weapons available as well. I had a great time creating my villainous character and sacrificing God knows how many victims to the Chapel of Skorm in order to acquire Skorm's Bow. Plenty of OP spells in it too (Infernal wrath, anyone?) Lots of grinding, potentially hours of it may be required though once you reach certain enemies/bosses in the game. There's also a really cool spell where you can slow time down around you, making hitting enemies easier, so hopefully that will be included in the new game as well.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Rudy_Manchego

So I missed the Xbox presentation and saw on social media that a lot of people thought it was really good. Had a quick skim of what was announced and for me personally, there was nothing that changed my mind from a PS5 near launch to a Series X but I would say that I probably will upgrade the XB1 - though to be honest, I am thinking of just saving up for a decent gaming PC and carry on Gamepass there.

That said, I am glad they came out of the gate with some exclusives that seem to be getting people interested. I know that Fable fans have been clamouring for a new game. I am intrigued by quality - I would say that the quality of XB exlusives this gen has been patchy overall but hopefully solid investment.

Always maintain that strong competition is needed to keep things good for us consumers.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

Had a look at a bit of the stream myself and some cliff notes afterwards and wasn't very impressed unfortunately.

• I'll admit I have a bias towards space marines so I couldn't give two figs about Halo (Or Gears).
  • State of Decay 3 was just a CG trailer and seemingly so far off. Wasn't the second terribly choppy too?
  • No clue what the Rare thing Everwild (or whatever) was actually about. Eh.
  • Obsidian's Honey I Shrunk The Game/Grounded... is eh. The concept's alright I guess... Not too interested in the survivally gameplay from what been said about it though.
  • Avowed could be interesting but there wasn't enough to really woo me or form any opinion beyond it potentially might be good.
  • The warhammer thing was boring. Not interest in a 4player co-op doodad.
  • The Dontnod game I'm not interested in either.
  • Forza is low on my totem pole as are all racers. Looks like it'll be far away from the trailer.
  • And Fable showed some frogs. Lovely.

I've actually played through the third Fable game (Due to my son borrowing a friends Xbox360 AGES back) and I gotta say other then going "Ooh Stephen Fry, John Cleese and Simon Pegg are in it" it was fairly boring and uninspring game bar some british humour and charm. I don't get the praise for the series in the slightest.

The Medium was probably the only really good looking title to me. But one game really isn't enough to entice me.

Can't recall if there was anything else in the actual event... So rather unsurprisingly I'm sticking with Playstation.

I mean it probably always what was going to be the outcome with me anyway but ya never know... they potentially really could've knocked it out the park.

I will say it looks like Microsoft/Xbox is doing their hardest this time around and hopefully that can lead to some great experiences on both sides

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Ah yes, MS Exclusive it is. Do you think you will play it? (If you are an XBox user as well)>

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Nah I don't own an Xbox or don't plan to get one (or a series x) either. Wasn't overly keen on Fable when I played the second game. It was OK, but after I finished it I wasn't eager to play another game in the series.

Kidfried

Yea, I watched most of the trailers after the fact and my response was mostly something that you could describe as a sigh of relief. With Microsoft doubling down on exclusives and the interesting GamePass system I was actually considering to (aside from buying a PS5) also invest in the newest Xbox, given that it could have some great games going for it.

Having watched today's presentation, I actually tend more to not buying the system.

Some things I was pretty enthusiastic about are games I can play on my current systems: Dragon Quest XI S, The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgo, Psychonauts 2, Tetris Effect: Connected, Balan Wonderworld.

There were quite a game that don't hold my interest at all: CrossfireX, Phantasy Star Online 2, Warhammer 40,000 Darktide, State of Decay 3, Grounded, Gunk (basically I don't really care for a certain type of Survival games).

There were a few things that looked like they could be good, but were hardly shown at all to justify a console purchase: Avowed, Everwild, Fable.

Stalker 2 and Halo: Infinite of course really stole the show. Easily the best game shown. Though I must admit both neither of those managed to make me as excited for the possibilities of next-gen as Horizon 2 and Ratchet & Clank did.

So, basically: there's too much I don't know about concerning the games Microsoft is making, and Microsoft hasn't made a compelling argument why their devices are worth my 400+ euro.

They do make a compelling case for people who already own an Xbox One, because of the upgrades and such, but I don't see how they make a strong argument for PS4/Switch owners.

Kidfried

nessisonett

The Xbox event actually made me realise that a lot of the big PS5 games shown aren’t my cup of tea. I couldn’t really give a rat’s arse about Horizon 2 due to my complete apathy about the first game and Ratchet & Clank is just OK, I guess? Spider-Man looked cool until it turned out to be essentially a standalone DLC as well. I dunno, considering I get all of those Xbox games for £5 a month anyway, there’s no point in buying a Series X but it does kinda put into perspective my feelings on PS5.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic