Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,436

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i do and it looks like i was wrong

still it's nice to have a dedicated place to talk about XBOX but it's going to be up to everyone who frequents this forum to help make it a success

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

crippyd

Hey @KratosMD, thanks for the tag and the link, much appreciated 😁

crippyd

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Dunno if you managed to find the answer, but I did come across this:

Moon Studios is keeping a tight lid on the story for now. All we know is you'll "unravel Ori's destiny", and that you'll venture beyond the forest of Nibel—the titular setting of the original game. The devs have also repeatedly promised an emotional story like the original's, so keep a pack of tissues nearby.

Hope that helps! But I really do recommend you play the first game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Biggest or most frequent voice LOL. I am very pleased to see Pure Xbox back!!

From my perspective, I don't have any allegiance to either Sony or MS consoles - I am a gamer first and foremost and both have their strengths and weaknesses, both have their own unique software and despite Sony's significantly higher volume of exclusives over the course of this generation, I have roughly equal number of 'exclusives' on both platforms.

It may seem that I am perhaps more defensive over MS here on a site dedicated to Playstation, but that is often because Fanboys take unnecessary digs or making false accusations at Xbox but if the same occurred on PureXbox I would be equally as vocal in defence of Sony - and was in the past. Its funny when you get called a 'fanboy' or 'troll' on both sites because of it.

To be honest, I think the biggest way to spread the news of the return of Pure Xbox would be via the sister sites making an article and getting their reviews mentioned by publishers. If an advert on TV shows a review score from PureXbox, that is much more likely to reach more people than I can by sharing articles etc on my social media sites. I rarely use Social Media myself. If I notice anyone in the comments of articles talking about owning Xbox, I will of course mention that Pure Xbox is back - especially if I don't recognise the name.

It was such a shame to see PureXbox go but glad its back. Hopefully people here will see this thread and come over. As I own both systems and will (hopefully) own both next gen systems too, I will be on both. At least I won't be posting GwG every month here anymore...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

belmont

Thanks for the info, I didn't know the site was back!

belmont

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy i have already spread the news on Nintendo Lifes xbox thread too but you're right both Push Square and Nintendo Life should at least do a article saying it's back so more people know

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Jessiex

Did anyone see the Xbox show today? They showed off 3rd party titles for the Series X.

Can't wait for PS5!

themcnoisy

@Jessiex I didn't know about this, was it any good? Quite intrigued by the X. All of the backwards compatibility and games I missed this gen.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

I watched the show and I can understand why some may be 'underwhelmed'. The big showcase game that we were 'promised' gameplay for ended up showing several very short scenes stitched together - more a teaser trailer than game play. The first game however, Bright Memory Infinite, had a 2min 'gameplay' that obviously had better lighting than we have seen and 'Scorn' really caught my eye as a fan of the artwork of HR Giger.

Overall, it was OK. Its perhaps what you may expect from E3 when Sony or MS are revealing some of their 3rd Party partnerships - inc some of their 'Indies' and of course what you may expect at the start of the generation when games started out targeting current gen hardware. I think people expected 'more' - expected to be blown away by visuals and see a lot more actual game-play from AAA games that were built for next gen.

We still haven't seen too much from MS's own studio's as far as actual Series X gameplay - a bit of Halo and Hellblade 2 and Sony too haven't shown a lot either - Godfall didn't really jump out. From my perspective, I see a LOT of new IP's coming with a few sequels - Dirt and Madden - but that's more games than I knew about before today.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

nessisonett

@BAMozzy Scorn and the new one from Bloober Team look great but I agree there wasn’t an awful lot. It’s weird considering I’ve never owned an Xbox that I actually look forward to their game news now because of Game Pass PC.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BAMozzy

@nessisonett I don't think its weird at all. It doesn't matter whether you have Game Pass on PC or mobile (when xCloud comes to all mobiles), its still Xbox - ALL of Microsoft's gaming division is Xbox and the Studios are Xbox Studio's (not Microsoft Studios anymore). If you have access to their games on any platform, regardless of whether that's on a console, PC or mobile, especially as a Game Pass subscriber, then it makes perfect sense to look forward to seeing what games will be coming to that service/platform.

My platform(s) of choice is console but Xbox isn't 'just' the console and hasn't been for a few years. Sony could offer something similar with PSnow - their latest games on PC and Mobile and I wouldn't be surprised if that was Playstation - something more than 'just' the console. I know PSNow does offer 'new' games and can be on other platforms (or was) but it could be like Game Pass and you wouldn't need to own the console to play 'Playstation'. I wouldn't think it was weird for someone with a PSNow subscription to be interested in watching PS State of Play even if they had no intention of ever buying the console.

Jessiex

I found it underwhelming. I can't wait until Sony has something to show.

Can't wait for PS5!

Black_Swordsman

I was very disappointed with yesterday's X Box Series X showcase, they showed From Software on the screen of all the devs for the console, but didn't show any Elden Ring gameplay footage or even a new trailer. What do people think the reason for that was? And where, and when will we get footage of said game?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

carlos82

Just picked up the limited edition Cyberpunk Xbox One X from Game for just £259.99, it includes the games and first expansion when it launches too. Great value but very limited if anyone wants one and for some reason it's nearly £200 more from Amazon

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Black_Swordsman

Any Fable fans here? (of the original game) What were your experiences in Albion like?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@KratosMD Hm, I have Game Pass PC so not every game is on there but I think the majority are. I mean, I’m playing Bloodstained on it at the moment!

nessisonett

@KratosMD Nice! I’d feel a bit weird using Pure Xbox despite literally never owning any Xbox console though 😂😂

ralphdibny

@KratosMD cheers for thinkin of me mate! I'd normally say two game clubs is too much for me but observation definitely looks like my speed so I will check it out next week! I sort of followed the thread when it started but didn't want to commit because I had trouble committing to the ps one. I guess I'll just play the games that I can/want to from both clubs!

I'll post my thoughts on observation next week then when I've had a chance to run through it! Cheers again

@nessisonett just throw in with the Xbox crowd too! There's a few users from NL and PS over there and I believe there's a thread on Windows 10 games and regular articles that include the PC game pass updates. At the end of the day, without trying sounding too much like marketing douche bag "Xbox is a platform available across our ecosystem of Xbox one and Windows machines" hahah

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic