Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 2,436

carlos82

@KratosMD oh ok, I'd have thought there would have been a bit more noise about it given the Driveclub and Ducktales stories when they were removed.

So you can't even download what you've already paid for? That's just out of order, I know other games have been taken off sale but like Ducktales I was still able to download it, though we had to complain to get the 360 version of Doom back

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Tasuki

@KratosMD Yeah I remember MS saying something that Forza Horizon 2 was being delisted along with all of the DLC from it's digital store awhile ago not long after they gave it for free with GwG. The only thing I can guess is maybe it was a licensing issue with the cars?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

Its possible that it didn't generate the same anger as Driveclub because Xbox has a much smaller user base and/or there isn't really a great Xbox site equivalent to Push Square anymore. I don't frequent sites like IGN or Eurogamer as often as I used to and don't always watch the official Xbox news video's on youtube either. I only check Xbox Wire, the official Xbox news site every couple of weeks or so, therefore I am not really keeping up with the news specific to Xbox.

I am sure those games are on my Xbox - not sure if I have them installed as I know I didn't buy all the Motorsport XB1 games - 5 and 6 - and next time I'm on, I will check to see if they are installed or in my 'ready to install' list. It would be very bad practice though to delete the game entirely if you purchased digitally. Worst case scenario though is that you could pick up the discs really cheap if you wanted to play the base game....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy true but the thing is they keep so much out of the base game that it feels incomplete with out the DLC, don't get me wrong you still get plenty in the base version but when you click on a car you want to buy or a course you want to race and it says you don't have the DLC and now you can't get the DLC it's just makes it feel like your playing half a game

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Its never bothered me to be honest as there are a LOT of cars and I refuse to pay for multiple car packs when I have access to hundreds as it is - far more than I will ever get around to playing. I do think those cars though should be handled in a different way - maybe a tab to swap between the cars you can use and those locked behind a pay wall as I do agree that its rather annoying to see them alongside the rest.

I would feel differently if you only had 50-100 cars to pick from with 600 or so locked behind DLC but I never felt that I didn't have choice or enough cars to use. Its a long way from one of the Forza games that you could install extra cars on a 2nd disc - those with the arcade 360 (only 4GB storage I believe) may not have the room. BF3 had a 8gb Texture pack that improved the visuals but had to be an optional install because of the 'Arcade' version - PS3 owners had no choice and had to install it regardless. I remember how keen I was to play Resistance 3 and being annoyed that it had a partial install that took over an hour - then gad to update too! Preparing us for this gen LOL Anyway that's off topic.

I know that it can feel like half a game but at launch, those cars weren't included in the menu anyway - it gradually got worse over time as more and more car packs were added - let alone those added with the DLC which to be honest is the only disappointing aspect if they aren't available. I do know that a LOT of those car packs - inc the pass which gave you all the car packs - in numerous sales and massive reductions - £20+ down to ~£2 for example but I was never tempted because I had more than enough cars and the only thing(s) I would be interested in would be anything added to expand the game - new tracks or some crazy DLC (Horizon) but I never felt that I was missing out big time because I didn't have some Ferrari in racing livery or the Fiat 500 that was also in the pack. None of that really stopped me racing in any of the 100's of cars you have access to at launch. It never blocked me off from any circuit or any areas (apart from the DLC areas that, like the cars, appear on the map to entice you into buying) so I never really felt that I needed to buy extra cars...

I know I am not you and that you may feel very differently. I haven't checked myself, but have you tried looking at the MS store via a PC? I still have lots to do in FM7 & FH4 without going back. I did all the roads and signs in FH3 but 16/17 of the 20 barn finds (another source of cars). I haven't had chance to check my older Forza games yet and see what is available or not and what is actually playable now. I wasn't bothered about online with Forza - these for me are 'mindless' fun, time wasters instead of being a 'serious' racing sim and messing about with all the parts that are tweakable just to gain a tenth of a second here or there.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy what really annoys me is the fact that i paid for a lot of those DLC's and now i can't download them again, even if they had to delist them if we paid for them we should be able to access them whenever we want to, either that or refund us

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

so an update dropped for XB1 this month and if your wondering what it did well XB One released a video about it

on a side note, the PS4 has had automatic application/game updates since launch and it was a great feature so it great the XB1 has finally added it

BAMozzy

November's 2019 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter and The Final Station. For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), November kicks off with Star Wars Jedi Starfighter, followed by Joy Ride Turbo.

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy i have Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter on PS4 and i still have my original Jedi Starfighter XBOX disc, not interested in the other 2 games so nothing for me this month

carlos82

So I've been trying out the new streaming update for the Xbox One for those on the Alpha build in th preview program and I'm pretty impressed so far. Basically you can stream your Xbox and any game on it apart from backwards compatibility games for the time being. It works rather well depending upon your connection, on my own Wifi there is very little lag and I was able to play Doom on arcade mode with no trouble at all. Things were less successful at work but here the Wifi is poor and mobile signal not great, even so the slower games such as The Witcher 3 were perfectly playable in that environment.

Definitely something I can see myself using regularly, certainly at home when the mrs is watching TV

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo I can't say any of this appeals to me either. I have at least 1 Sherlock game and not sure which as they would be free on subscriptions - not that I have downloaded or played them. As for Jedi Starfighter, I am sure I have that in a box somewhere if I wanted to dig it out too. The others don't appeal either.

I have over 200 games ready to install on my Xbox so I have plenty of games still to play. I might add the two games I might play one day and not bother with the other two at all. If I forget to add any, I won't be upset...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy it could be Crimes and Punishments i think that was on one of them at some point

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo That sounds familiar - I am sure I have that as 1 of those 'ready to install' games list that grows monthly. I will still add it, if I remember....

JohnnyShoulder

@carlos82 I tried something like that on PS4 ages ago. It worked surprisingly well, and was kinda cool playing a PS4 game on my laptop. Only tried it a couple times though and not since I got my Switch.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/ all the news from XO19...

New games announced inc new IP's from Rare and Obsidian and 3 Yakuza games coming as well. New details on xCloud too - can use a blutooth controller inc a Sony DS4 LOL and will work with Game Pass in 2020 so you can play any Game Pass game streamed to any device...

Also announced FFvii onwards as well as all the Kingdom Heart games are coming to Xbox too

Edited on by BAMozzy

roe

Ooooh Yakuza 0 and the 2 Kiwami games coming to Game Pass next year

roe

carlos82

Given all the fuss they've been making of this show I found it very underwhelming, I can't say that either the new Rare or Obsidian game have really caught my attention. Hopefully they're keeping all of the exciting projects for Scarlett at this point. The Yakuza games on Gamepass is great news for those who haven't played them yet but the recent Contra game on the free play days 😂😂😂

Link41

I can't wait to play the Master Chief Collection on the GamePass for PC!

NNID Wii U: Link41
3DS FC: 2878-9590-3292
Vita: Linkx41

BAMozzy

December's 2019 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: Insane Robots and Jurassic World Evolution. For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), December kicks off with Toy Story 3, followed by Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD....

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic