Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,226

Tasuki

@themcnoisy I have an Xbox One and most of my library is the Game Pass. (That and GwG over the years). I only bought a handful of games Rare Replay, Handsome Collection, Divinity Original Sin and Battlefield V. For $10 a month I feel it's a good deal the way I look at it that's $120 a year the same price I would pay for 2 games. Yes I know some will argue that I don't "own" the games but it doesn't bother me. You download them from the MS store is it's just like a digital purchase. Its also nice cause it let's me try a game I wasn't sure about and honestly didn't want to spend the money on just to be disappointed. I wasn't sure if I would like Elder Scrolls Online but it's on the game pass so I downloaded it and tried it out and did enjoy it, but if I didn't I wasn't out $60.

I honestly wish PS4 had a Game Pass like system, yes I know there's PSNow but that's streaming where as Game Pass is the full game download. Even if there was say a problem with my internet once the game is installed on the Xbox I can still play single player games or what not.

Game Pass is a no brainier if you have an Xbox (or even a PC) at least that's my opinion.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

There are a few games on Pass that I have had a lukewarm interest in like Vampry,The Surge and Battle Chasers. I might try them on Pass and if I like them buy on PS4. I'm going to give Gears of War a shot for sure tho. The main reason I signed up was to play games I can't on PS.

I wouldn't say the line up of games is outstanding or anything but for the low price can't really complain.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki You can download games from PS Now....

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Splat

I'm looking for Game Pass recommendations preferably games that aren't on PS4. I wanted Cuphead but didn't see it on there.

So far I have downloaded Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons,Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Hollow Knight and Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition.

Here is a list of games available as of now.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-pc-list

Edited on by Splat

Splat

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition isn't really doing much for me. I don't hate it but it feels very last gen. Ori, on the other hand, is pretty good and very beautiful.

I'm downloading Sunset Overdrive as we speak.

BAMozzy

@Splat Well Gears of War was Last Gen - and quite early last gen as well. Visually its decent but the Game-play is certainly last gen. Its quite good fun with a co-op partner too and there is a lot of satisfaction of getting the perfect load and the damage boost...

Ori is beautiful and Sunset Overdrive is quite good fun. Took me a while to get into it and like most games of this type, getting some different weapons helps the 'fun' too which again takes time to reach the right level etc to get those weapons...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

LaJettatura

Any Game Pass holders have you used it to play the games on PC? Wondering how good it works, etc. Remember GFWL...

Steam: Lee Marvin's Ghost

PSN: LaJettatura

Splat

@LaJettatura Games have been downloading really slow for me but that might be because it's in beta? Other than that I have been pretty impressed.

FullbringIchigo

so i booted up my XB1 and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (XBOX BC Game) had an update and i can't for the life of me find out what it was for

does anyone know?

"This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"

Check me out on youtube DWHGaming

BAMozzy

It seems that MS are releasing the Final (yes final) 360 band original Xbox games to Bsackwards Compatibility. If your 'favourite' game(s) are not yet amongst the 100's of games added, or in the final list, then they will NOT be coming to BC.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xbo...

There is 8 OG Xbox games inc 4 Splinter Cell games and all are enhanced by upto 4x resolution for Base consoles and upto 16x for Xbox One X owners. That means a '540p' game becomes a 1080p on base and 4k on X. That means every Splinter Cell game is now BC on Xbox

Additionally, they are releasing Original Xbox downloadable content packs free of charge today to current and future owners for 8 games inc Battlefront 1,2 and 3 Splinter Cell games - check the link for exact details.

8 games - all from Rare Replay are now Enhanced on X to offer 9x the original pixel count up to 4K UltraHD with improved texture filtering and colour detail. These include the 3 Banjo games, Kameo, both Perfect Dark games and both Viva Pinata games too. Even if you own these outside of Rare Replay, they will still be enhanced on X.

They are also bringing the final 15 XB360 games to BC - games that include Asura Wrath, BF2: Modern Combat, Enslaved, Far Cry Classic & Instincts Predator, Skate, Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands & Unreal Tournament 3. One of the new games added, Too Human, is FREE to everyone to download - as a final thank you.

From Xbox Wire:
We’ve listened closely to community feedback and respect the game libraries you’ve built throughout the last 18 years. That’s why we’re taking our work a step further and announced this week that thousands of games from all four generations will be playable on Project Scarlett. As such, we have now shifted our focus to help make the games you love playing on Xbox One compatible with future Xbox hardware. After this week, we have no plans to add additional Original Xbox or Xbox 360 titles to the catalog on Xbox One, but we’re excited to continue our work on Xbox compatibility across platforms and devices, which remains a top priority.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy thanks for that, it actually answered my question as to what that KotOR update was

"This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"

Check me out on youtube DWHGaming

Splat

So, I downloaded Vampyr on Game Pass and I'm liking it but it runs very poorly. My PC isn't a beast but can run most games from medium to high settings. I have to play Vampyr on low settings and still the cut scenes are choppy and the gameplay isn't much better.

Has anyone played it on console? I'm debating getting it on PS4 but if it isn't going to run any better I'll pass.

Tasuki

@Splat I played it on an OG Xbox One via Gamepass and it ran good for me. I wouldn't pay $60 for it, but if it is on sale I'd say it's worth it.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Frigate

This is your second warning now, please stop trying to derail threads -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

Frigate

Ryall

@WanderingBullet
😆 The correct choice is obviously to get the lower one and then not play fallout 76.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

WanderingBullet

@Ryall Yeah, I don't understand why the non-bundled one is more expensive.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip/?cts=4ZRfNmji

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic