Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 2,436

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder i didn't even know MS was even thinking of having 2 different consoles next gen?

i mean i can kind see why this gen they released enhanced systems so many years after the launch of the original but it makes no sense to release 2 different systems of different specs at the same time

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder There was a rumour that it was scrapped because of Stadia. Ether way, I couldn't see it being a good idea and who knows the real reason it was cancelled. For all we know, it was just an idea or even something to throw off Sony...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Phil Spencer said they had multiple consoles in development at E3 2018. One of them was rumoured to be codenamed Anaconda and one codenamed Lockheart.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

July's 2019 Games with Gold lineup for Xbox One includes: INSIDE and Big Crown: Showdown. For Xbox 360 owners (and through Xbox One backward compatibility), July kicks off with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, followed by Meet the Robinsons.

Can't say Xbox One's Line-up for July is better than Sony's this month and Sony fans aren't thrilled with their choices.I do think that Castlevania may help to give Xbox the edge this month and maybe Inside too as that was highly rated - not really my thing but will add it anyway - just because I can...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy Castlevania: Symphony of the Night would give it the edge IF it wasn't for that fact i already have it on the XB360/XB1

and PS1

and PS4

and PSP

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo Hence I said 'may help' but at the very least, it is a classic and the game by which all others like this (inc Bloodstained) are judged. Inside is an award winning game too which 'may' be enough for people to feel that the 4 games here are better than PES and that race game that, like its name, is forgettable. Even if you have Castlevania, I still think that the line-up here is better than PS+ this month...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy honestly i think they are both pretty weak line ups, still even with this one being weak over the course of the year you still get more than your moneys worth

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo To a degree I do agree with you otherwise I wouldn't necessarily own both. It would be 'easy' for me to drop PS+ - after all their exclusives are purely offline Single players and, over the last 18month's, I haven't played more than an hour or two online and zero hours on ANY PS+games - but I have added more in potential cost to me if and when I decide to play any PS+ game new or old. Its the fact that I could, if I wanted, play any of my games to their fullest and not be locked out of a sizeable portion,

With Xbox, for me right now it holds the greatest value as I gave played online and its something my Son and I can do together. The fact games like Castlevania or Meet the Robinsons are totally free with no catch adds to their value to me - not something I would lose if I ever did cancel Gold.

On both cases, I know that over the course of the year, I probably add more games to my potential library than I could have by spending that money on a single extra game.

MaccaMUFC

There are some bargains to be had with Xbox One games over on cdkeys.com, I’ll list a few along with the price;

Gears of War 4 - £2.99
Anthem - £15.99
The Division 2 - £22.99
Battlefield V - £14.99
PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds - £5.99

I just bought The Division 2. I already own the others bar Anthem which I have no interest in. I really wanted to get the first three Splinter Cell games to play them on my Xbox X but don’t fancy paying £11.99 each for them but I would definitely pick them up in a sale if they were at least £6 each.

Edit: I don’t get CDkeys sometimes. Last night I bought The Division 2 for £22.99 and today I saw that it’s been reduced to £17.99. I still think I got a good deal for a good game but could of saved a fiver if I waited an extra day but with cdkeys you just don’t know when an offer ends on a game or if it gets taken off the site completely.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

FullbringIchigo

so i decided to get Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order on the XB1, i was debating which system to get it on BUT then i decided to play the latest update for Battlefront 2 (PS4) and it suddenly whipped my fan into overdrive, seriously it was so loud i was afraid my PS4 was going to shut down, i tried a few other games such as God of War and Uncharted 4, graphic heavy games that can tax the system (i did test about 10 games overall) and it never happened while playing those so i think that it might be something to do with the last update the game had so i decided to get Fallen Order on the XB1 because i can't take the chance of another EA game killing my PS4

seriously it was scary

and i was looking to beef up my XB1 library anyway but i don't get why it was this was the only game that did it

has anyone else had this kind of thing happen on any system?

MaccaMUFC

@FullbringIchigo I had the same happen to me with my XB1 X, it was happening with certain games like Fallout 76, where I’d go to a certain area on the map or whenever I fast-travelled the Xbox fan would sound like it’s about to take off then automatically shutdown to prevent overheating. It’s most likely because of Battlefront II and not your PS4. Even RDR2 on my Xbox still kicks the fan into overdrive now and again but if I look up into the sky the fan quietens down and then it goes crazy when I look down, I still find it strange 🤔

MaccaMUFC

FullbringIchigo

@MaccaMUFC what was strange was it wasn't during game play, it was when i was on the main menu, i mean what is it doing on the menu to kick the fan into high gear?

Tasuki

Was there any word on what caused last night's (around 9 PM PST) outage of XBL? I tried to watch some YouTube but couldn't sign in on my Xbox, I just kept getting error messages. I looked it up and saw that other people were having the same problem but I never did find out if it was some sort of maintenance or what. I ended up watching a Blu-ray instead so I never tried to log in again before I went to bed.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki well according to the support Twitter page they was running tests maybe that was what was up?

FullbringIchigo

so i'm currently playing through the Halo: Master Chief Collection and got to Halo 3 and i have to wonder why they never bothered remastering it, coming straight off Halo 2 and it's such a downgrade both in terms of visuals and sound, not to mention some characters look radically different such as Commander Keyes

Halo 2 Remaster
Untitled

Halo 3
Untitled

it just seems silly to remaster 2 in the way they did but leave 3 the same

anyone else think they should have remastered 3?

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo The reason is simple. The First Halo had received a 10yr anniversary make over and the MCC happened to release around the 10th anniversary of Halo 2. Instead of releasing just a 10yr anniversary upgraded Halo 2, they decided to bundle the anniversary edition of Halo: CE, and Halo 3 and 4 together and release it as the MCC edition - that's why 3 and 4 are untouched.

Reach and ODST were basically Bungie games made as an obligation to MS to release them from Microsoft - not to say they were bad in any way but to 'buy' themselves out of the contract, they had to make two games and these were ODST and Reach.

It would of been great if they had remastered 3 and even 4 to a degree - a patch on the 10th anniversary of both of these to be able to switch between the 'old and new' like you can with the first 2 anniversary Halo games. I am not complaining though as I thought the bundle was very ambitious and at most, I thought we may of just had the anniversary of Halo 2. As a Bundle, I was also surprised that ALL the MP was included too. When you consider what you got, I wouldn't really complain that 3 and 4 were not remastered but the MCC was more a Halo 2 Anniversary edition bundled with the anniversary edition of Halo CE and Halo 3 and 4 too.

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy oh don't get me wrong i'm not complaining it's just a bit jarring going from a remastered 2 to an unremastered 3 and it's a great bundle with tonnes of content (and as a Halo fan a god send after my 360 broke) but it also feels like a bit of a missed opportunity

on a side note i'm really looking forward to Infinite

BAMozzy

@FullbringIchigo i didn't take it as if you were complaining, I was merely trying to tell you why 3 and 4 were untouched. The MCC was really Halo 2 Anniversary - hence it had the remastered treatment but, MS were actually trying to give us 'more' by also giving us the anniversary of Halo CE which was released 10yrs after CE as well as 3 and 4 and all the MP too - a very ambitious (and too ambitious it seemed) bundle.

I can understand how the drop down to 3 is a bit jarring and I do think that maybe a anniversary patch would of been great but they certainly had a lot more to think about than doing an anniversary patch. I haven't played mine for years so don't know the state of things these days. I believe it had (or will be getting) an X enhanced patch too.

3 and 4 were only 1 generation behind so it was certainly more important to remaster 2 but I do agree that 3 and 4 could have had anniversary remastered upgrade patches for their 10th birthday.

Anyway, I didn't think that you were complaining but trying to inform you as to why 2 was remastered whilst the other games were not. All the others are '360' era, ie just 1 generation behind with CE being remastered for its 10th anniversary. If they hadn't done 2, you would have had a drop because that would have been OG Xbox era. To bring ALL the games up to the remastered 2, they would have also had to remaster the remastered CE anniversary edition too.

I can't yet say I am looking forward to Infinite. 343 have a LOT to do to bring me back to the franchise. It really does depend on what they have learned after doing both 4 and 5. I know 4 had its moments but it was very short and really split the Halo fanbase. Halo 5 split the fanbase too but more so than 4. Not just for the lack of Master Chief but also the repetitive campaign, the CoD inspired MP (which also coincided with CoD moving to PS making it seem as if MS/343 let CoD go because they had their own CoD MP - although CoD has gone back to its more grounded roots now) and its less than stellar almost cartoon looks - sacrificing too much because the hardware wasn't up to it.

As such, I do think 343 has to win me back, give me a reason to want to buy it. Not saying I won't but its not a day 1 purchase yet for me. There is time as its coming out next year as a Launch game for 'Project Scarlett' but their past hasn't left me excited for the future. I am not one to say 'never' again, so I haven't written it off either - just more cautious...

FullbringIchigo

@BAMozzy understandable although i still had fun with 5 if i'm honest but it certainly is the weakest of the bunch

FullbringIchigo

@MaccaMUFC bit of an update, so apparently Battlefront 2 sending the fan into overdrive it's quite a common thing since an update last year (on both systems) so i decided to not bother with the game anymore, i can't run the risk of a game killing my system just because the developers eff it up

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic