Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 7,321 to 7,340 of 7,391

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 There's so much stuff in the game, and they pretty much re-made the overworld content as well. And all the time needed to get the building stuff to comply with the physics systems...

I could believe it took them a long time.

Games without a tenth of those interactions take years to make, after all.

@Bentleyma Wow, no wonder the port took so long. They simplified a lot of the geometry and made it not fully open world.

Well, glad they made some hard choices to get it running well enough.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

nomither6

really hope they remake and re-release mario hoops 3-on-3 for switch one day . unfortunately the game wasn’t as popular/successful which is crazy to me because back in the day in my area every kid had a DS & hoops 3-on-3, it was like a system seller. it deserves another chance with online support!

nomither6

Bentleyma

Finished Xenoblade Chronicles 3. The final boss just refused to die! I really enjoyed it, but I don’t think I’ll be getting the DLC. I’ll definitely be picking up Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at some point. Now to play Super Mario RPG!

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

nessisonett

I am at peace with Bravely Default. The more I play of the second world, the more I appreciate what they’re going for. It’s definitely an interesting experiment in what happens if devs just fully disregard their players and do what they want instead. Really don’t trust that little rat fairy though, I’m getting suspicious.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett There's so much I want to say, but I won't, for obvious reasons. Just keep pressing on and reporting back lol.

The back half of the game is fascinating. Especially closer to the end.

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah lol I really do like the Fairy Flies/Airy Lies bit they do with the title though, that was the nuts

Did you play Bravely Second? I have got (perhaps over) half way through a couple of times but run out of steam.. not exactly sure why as I really like it, in many ways more than 1. Think I might charge my 3DS up later.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, there's some pretty cool fourth-wall breaking stuff late in the game. I also enjoyed how, when the game shows one of the other universes Ouroboros wants to invade, it uses the 3DS camera to show your face. Dude literally wants to break outta your 3DS and consume your reality lol.

I didn't play Bravely Second. I wasn't keen on exploring the same world again with a significantly worse OST. In retrospect, though, I think it probably would have been fun. A version of BD without the maddening time looping from the original game sounds like it could be a good time. I'll look into grabbing a copy someday if I can find it cheap-ish.

For now, though, it makes more sense to play the copy of Bravely Default 2 that's sitting unplayed on my shelf.

I've been very slowly playing through SMT: Strange Journey Redux on my 3DS. Very, very slowly. I imagine it and my Switch won't be getting nearly as much attention once my Steam Deck OLED comes in, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah hate to strongly disagree with you about video game music AGAIN, but the Bravely Second soundtrack is hardly significantly worse, in fact it’s arguably not worse at all - Ryo did a stand up job, actually, and overall it’s a much better soundtrack than what Revo did for Bravely Default 2.

Don’t talk about Steam Decks please, I’m using all my will power not to order one right now. If I still want one as bad in 3-4 months I will pull the trigger. I really, really want to play Half-Life on it, and I hear it’s a free download right now, too…

kyleforrester87

Octane

Damn.. my TOTK save data has disappeared. I put 50-100 hours in it, but all of it is gone.

Octane

Octane

@kyleforrester87 I don't know...

I played it until Pikmin 4 came out. Now I've finished Mario Wonder I wanted to continue (was about 60-75% done I think), but I was met with the intro scene. When checking save files, it was simply gone. I even have cloud saves on, but there was nothing. And I always do manual saves as well, so it really should've been there.

I'm also positive I didn't mess with the save data, because I don't even know how. All I did in the last couple of months was play Pikmin 4 and Mario Wonder. That's all the Switch has beem used for.

Octane

Octane

@kyleforrester87 I already did so much though. Thinking back, it may have been over a 100 hours even, I cleared the map inch by inch, and I recall most of it still. I only had 2-3 areas left basically.

I don't mind redoing an hour or so, but I won't do all of it over again.

Octane

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, we're gonna just have to split on that. It's not a bad JRPG soundtrack, but the music was especially strong in BD1. It's night and day.

Haven't actually listened to much of the OST for BD2 yet, so I can't comment.

You should probably redeem Half-Life while you have the chance. Not that it's especially expensive to begin with lol. I held out on this system for a long time, and I have too much gaming hardware as is, but good lord, it's the best mid-gen upgrade I've seen to date. They did pretty much everything I wanted them to do in a revision.

@Octane Weird. Don't think I've ever lost save files for a game on my Switch.

Octane

I contacted Nintendo support, but I doubt they can do much since the cloud backup is also gone it seems.

Octane

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah true, maybe I should dig out that steam username and password. Not sure I have logged in for 15-20 years, mind you. Funny how big it is, I just remember everyone hating on it as it was buggy as hell at launch and stopped you getting into Counter-Strike! I’d like to hold out until next summer to get a Deck, but then I wonder if I’ll be thinking Switch 2…

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Valve has exploded into being one of the most consistently excellent companies in the industry. They even reduced the price of the 256GB OG Steam Deck to the prices the 64GB model used to sit at. And it's not like it's not selling well. Who does that?

Granted, there's a LOT of compatibility issues with a number of games, but there's so much one can do with this thing, and Valve's support for it is excellent. Heavily considering grabbing the other Souls games I've ignored until now (Sekiro, Dark Souls 2 & 3, etc.) for the thing. Despite my issues, I had a decent amount of fun with Dark Souls 1 in portable form on my SWOLED. And they're all verified to run well.

I might regret the decision when Nintendo launches a Switch 2 with something crazy like an open world Mario game or something, but unless they cultivate a suite of killer exclusives early on, I'm gonna try to wait for a revision.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic