Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 6,221 to 6,240 of 7,479

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Which one? When I got my SPP years ago, only the Daemon x Machina model was available, but now they're available in a lot of cute designs.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah I just went for classic black to match my heart.

Looking forward to being able to play in handheld mode again though to be honest - Pokémon in bed will be fun and then I can push on with my Baldurs Gate 2 save.

Do they impact the battery much? I understand they don’t have their own batteries. I guess it’s not so bad without the rumble etc.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

Nintendo Direct inbound tomorrow.

@kyleforrester87 I've never noticed them eating battery life to a significant degree, and, yeah, without motors/gyro/etc. I feel like their power efficiency is probably pretty good.

Edited on by Ralizah

NEStalgia

This is really depressing and/or distressing that I forgot the SPP even existed, but now that I see you talking about it I have this vague recollection that I think I actually bought it and then never actually used it, and have no idea where it actually is. Or I could be making that up and only imagined I'd bought it. Send help.

NEStalgia

RR529

Direct predictions & wishes time.

What I think we'll see:

• new Kirby trailer
  • new Advance Wars trailer/release date
  • new Mario + Rabbids 2 trailer/release date
  • new Splatoon 3 trailer/release date

What I want to see:

• Xenoblade 3 reveal (or new Monolith IP)
  • new Famicom Detective Club (done in the same style as the remakes)
  • reveal of that Goemon like IP Good Feel is supposed to be making
  • Mysterious Murasame Castle reboot
  • the rumored Donkey Kong game
  • western release of Megaton Musashi

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

belmont

Holy Live A Live! I guess it will not be an exclusive though.

belmont

nessisonett

All the stuff I’m excited for is either reboots, remasters or DLC 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

XENOBLADE
CHRONICLES
3!!!

belmont

This was a Direct I really enjoyed even if I am not into all the games. I will most likely get Live A Live and Chrono Cross in PS4 at some point but I am hyped for Xenoblade 3.

belmont

Ralizah

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and the Three Houses musou look sick.

Also looking forward to new MK8 courses. Finally. Although that definitely rules out a new one any time this gen. New courses are fine, though.

Live A Live is interesting. A little disappointed we didn't hear about DQIII HD-2D Remake, though.

Really looking forward to the Front Mission remakes.

Looking forward to trying out the Triangle Strategy demo.

Not really sold on Splatoon 3 yet.

Some slow spots (all the sports stuff... yuck!), but they still brought the goods.

EDIT:

Edited on by Ralizah

LtSarge

Absolutely fantastic Direct! The highlight for me was definitely the Mario Kart 8 DLC. I wanted a new game, but this is better I think since now the game will have almost 100 courses in total. Much larger roster than the typical 32 courses. Looking forward to the first wave in March!

I have to say though, as much as I didn't like the Switch for constantly getting Wii U/3DS/Wii ports since I already own most of those games, I'm glad to see so many remakes/remasters of other titles that I haven't actually played. I've been wanting to play Klonoa for such a long time and now the first two games are being remade. Not to mention Front Mission 1 and 2, I've been eyeing that series for a while now so I'm glad to see that one receiving remakes as well. And of course, Advance Wars 1 and 2 are looking great as well.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 looks amazing and now I feel like I really need to get into this series as I own the first two games on Switch but I haven't played through any of them yet.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

nessisonett

Splatoon 3 is laughable and makes CoD games look new and innovative. Mario Strikers… I love the originals but this looks like it’ll fall back on the same in-game economy issues that plague all their newer sports games with the gear and stats system. Hopefully it has a full story mode.

Switch Sports I’m very happy with even if there aren’t many sports. Golf being added means there’s potential for DLC.

Squeenix really did a great job and carried the momentum with a couple of great looking remasters/remakes minus the KH Cloud thing. Plus Toblerone Strategy.

Xenoblade 3 I’d probably never play, the first one is a bit of a chore to play and I dropped off after about 50 hours of nothingness.

Mario Kart 8 DLC is no replacement for 9 but hey, I’ll get it for free. 48 courses is great value.

Mother 1 and 2 great to see but again, played them a few times and I’d rather just play them via RetroArch these days along with 3.

No Zelda or Metroid Prime 4 or Bayo 3 is a bit disappointing so I guess they’re a while off.

Fire Emblem Warriors Three Houses irritates me for the exact same reason the BotW one and Persona 5 Strikers did. It’s a long running series in which the older titles get less love so the first musou Fire Emblem one was a great way to give those older games their time in the limelight. So having one based solely on the newest one feels a bit ‘upsell’-y to me, drawing in only fans of the newest title. Besides, not a fan of the yass queen attitude around Edelgard who’s literally a Nazi.

Portal is cool but again, for the millionth time, played it years ago on another platform.

So I guess Kirby is the one new game I can truly say looks innovative. Decent chunk of gameplay with new mechanics. Hopefully it comes together.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

@LtSarge I really like XBC2, can’t get into 1 at all though and I’ve tried 3 times. It’s just really boring. I hope XBC3 is more like 2 overall.. seems that way in the trailer.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

LtSarge

@kyleforrester87 I did play a good chunk of XBC1 on 3DS but I never finished it for some reason. Maybe it was because it became boring for me as well But yeah, I have the remake on Switch so I'm willing to give it another go. I just love the scope of these games, very massive and ambitious JRPGs.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic