Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 6,181 to 6,200 of 7,479

RR529

After being a member for about 10 years, for the first time someone on NL accused me of being an alt account of someone else, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@RR529 At least you haven’t had somebody create an account on NLife that’s the exact same as your name minus a letter, and then go on to spout crap so bad that the account was shut down minutes later. I didn’t even get to see what they said using my name as I wasn’t tagged and it was removed so quickly! God that community is odd.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Bentleyma

I’m addicted to buying Switch games! I added 4 more games to my collection today! I picked up Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Monster Hunter Rise and New Pokémon Snap. I’ll be getting Pokémon Legends: Arceus on Friday, too.

I’ve been playing Monster Hunter Rise for the last 2 hours and I’m really liking it so far.

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

LtSarge

@kyleforrester87 It's probably a good game but I can just see them releasing another open world Pokémon game in a couple of years that will be so much better. Right now they're just experimenting with the open world formula.

LtSarge

kyleforrester87

@Iver @LtSarge I was super disappointed with Shield - not exactly a massive Pokemon fan but I loved Blue back in the day. I'm not too fussed about a better one coming out down the line (it's kinda expected tbh, right?) but I dunno.. looks like it'd be fun to play in bed.

Might trade in some stuff against a copy this weekend.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Most of us were disappointed with SwSh, to put it lightly.

Legends: Arceus is looking like the first Pokemon game in a long time to break that tendency to disappoint fans, and the game design is very much a break from the rote game design the series has clung to religiously until now. I'm down.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

Bought Pokémon. Too many people are actually enjoying it for me to ignore.

R1spam

I've been playing Luigis Mansion 3 again after taking a big break. I got to floor 11 and whilst the puzzles and some of the boss fights have been enjoyable, the movement control scheme has finally done for me!! Ive changed all the gyro settings etc and my tolerance for it has snapped. It's one of the prettiest switch games I've played and there are moments where the game shines but god dammit nintendo, don't ever use this movement scheme ever again!!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Bentleyma

@R1spam Yep. I managed to finish the game, but I never got used to the controls. Don’t even get me started on the duck float!

Bentleyma

nessisonett

Played a bit of Pokémon Legends Arceus now and yep, the graphics are absolutely appalling really but the gameplay’s really quite solid and actually interesting. It’s a genuinely exciting step forward, even if it does feel very very rough around the edges and is 100% a proof of concept.

Interestingly, it looks a lot better in handheld than docked. Been a few times now I’ve seen this on Switch.

Edited on by nessisonett

Ralizah

@nessisonett The game apparently runs at 720p most of the time in undocked mode, so that's no surprise. Performance is also more stable when undocked.

Pop-in is pretty noticeable, but otherwise this seems like the best optimized Pokemon RPG in a long while, which is a bit surprising.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Bentleyma

@nessisonett I like what I’ve played so far. I actually think the game looks pretty good, but I’ve never been too picky when it comes to graphics. I’m really looking forward to getting home from work tomorrow and cracking on with it.

Bentleyma

nessisonett

@Bentleyma It’s more the textures looking like they’ve been smeared in Vaseline. The Pokémon look great but the trees and clothes are like a 3DS game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic