Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 5,641 to 5,660 of 7,479

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I have very vivid memories of trying to push the Wii Remote forward over and over again to make the Loftwing go faster, which the game barely recognised. Fun times.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RR529

I've been playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on Switch and it's been holding up mostly well, despite what I've heard of the performance.

Mission 1 is fine, there are some resolution drops early on in Mission 2 (though things clear out once you get to the castle), missions 3 - 12 are fine (aside from 3-4 moments total, where standing in just the right spot, usually off in a corner somewhere, will cause a dip if you're standing at a specific point), Mission 13 is really bad in terms of res drops (despite there being a lot of foliage, it usually happens in compact environments, so I'm not sure what causes it. Especially considering there are areas, such as an open segment where enemies are firing rockets at you from a village across a large lake, that are just fine). Mission 14 again is just fine (despite having a large underground cavern area with probably the largest draw distance I've seen in the game).

Luckily FPS dips are extremely rare as it seems to be running smoothly almost 100% of the time. Granted, I'm playing on a 32" 720p TV, so it's entirely possible that playing on a larger/better TV might make more subtle resolution issues more apparent, but from my experience so far it's mostly holding up.

I have a few Missions left so we'll see how those hold up.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

@RR529 Nine times out of ten I find that "problem games" on Switch just have minor performance/image quality deficits, the impact of which are often grossly exaggerated.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

NEStalgia

@RR529 Laaaaame. I played it on VITA. OLED before Switch OLED. Beyond!

NEStalgia

nessisonett

Me and my brother played a 48 track Mario Kart Grand Prix, every single track in the game. I won, naturally, but my brother was at the end of his tether with Lemmy, who was basically a little b*stard and had a seemingly infinite red shell collection! The highlight was Inkling Girl winning a race despite being bottom for almost every other race.
Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @Kidfried In an alternative universe somewhere, Inkling Girl comes out in top.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried It's getting me through the day!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

Welp, ended up ordering The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD anyway. Between the discount to $50 on Gamestop and the $5 online coupon I had, I ended up knocking off a decent chunk of change from the final price.

I started playing it on my Wii U and realized I'd never get used to the lack of free camera movement.

Edited on by Ralizah

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah I do wonder about them adding in free camera control.

I kinda want to see what it was like when they first added it before refinements, all the clipping and seeing stuff you aren't meant to see.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NedStarksGhost

Any people on here playing Pokémon Unite? Just downloaded it today and tried it. Think it's a very fun game! Lots to learn though, mix of good wins and hard losses. Learning all the different moves Pokémon can do.

Anybody have tips for an absolute noob?

NedStarksGhost

nomither6

@NedStarksGhost Just mash attack buttons and keep moving , its an easy game to play .

My comment isn't the best response , but hey , its my 2 cents .

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

ralphdibny

Just picked up the Gust Bellows in Skyward sword tonight. Totally forgot this item was in this game, I feel like I thought it was in TP instead even though I only replayed that one again few years ago.

I do remember it from Minish Cap though (looking it up now, it's actually called the Gust Jar in Minish Cap). Duno why I love this item so much but it's cool lol.

I've gotten used to the camera now, and the flying. I do think the camera is better now even though I was a bit iffy about it at first. I like the sword fighting but I think my hand is a bit lazy. It's easiest for me to get the game to read sideways slashes. Vertical takes a lot of effort to get it perfectly straight and I may as well kiss diagonal slashes goodbye. I can just about manage a stab but it's uncomfortable. At least the shield deflect is decent enough.

Just finished the Lanayru Mining company dungeon. I only have vague memories of moments coming up so most of this will be new to me. I can't really remember any other dungeons except one that was on a pirate ship covered in sand. If that's even in this game lol 😅. I remember a big leviathan sky whale and fighting a big scaley turd as well and eventually going into that maelstrom. So i think most of it will be new(ish) to me from here on out! Well until I see it and remember it!

See ya!

ralphdibny

Just finished skyward sword. Almost had tears in my eyes at the end. I love the game, I love the story and all the characters. Just brilliant!

See ya!

Octane

I remember crying too when I played Skyward Sword. Don't think they were the same emotions though.

Octane

nessisonett

I beat Metroid Fusion in time for Dread. Really enjoyed it although the more you play it, the more you notice how linear it feels. Not a bad thing per se but I think I do prefer Super and Zero Mission. Fusion has the best plot though which is a trade-off.

Ralizah

@nessisonett I've only beaten Fusion twice, versus the five times I played through Zero Mission (would probably have been more if I hadn't lost my GBA games in a move). Still like it more than Super, though, which is a tad too dank for my liking.

Not sure how I feel about being pursued relentlessly by the E.M.M.I. like it's Mr. X or something, but the new game looks REALLY good otherwise.

Ralizah

New SMT V trailer tonight!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic