Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 5,501 to 5,520 of 7,479

SoulChimera

I’m a huge Mario Golf fan. Got it on Switch yesterday. Almost instantly regretted my purchase. It feels like something 3 people slapped together in a few months. Very disappointing.

SoulChimera

R1spam

@SoulChimera I played a bit of the story mode last night and ooft, what have I done?? I'm going to try online and battle golf tonight but I can see me taking a quick trip to cex or game for trade-in if that's not decent. Massively bummed out

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Octane

Anything that isn't a 3D Mario platformer these days feels like a cheap low-effort side project to fill in their release schedule. Mario's on it because it sells regardless of quality. I don't understand how they still get away with it, and people pre-order that stuff in droves.

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane yea, it's disappointing that they consciously make filler games like that. They are fully aware that these games won't get rave reviews, but they'll be just average enough to sell a lot.

The Switch has enough games coming out for it, so I don't see why they feel this need to fill the calendar. They should just stick to making essential games only.

Kidfried

R1spam

@Kidfried to be fair to aces, this feels much worse than that! Online on aces is my guilty pleasure and have at least 50-60 hrs in tournament play. A proper match between even players in that game is a thing of beauty. It may be that online saves this as well but even the adventure mode for aces felt much better than super rush. I've got my online trade in order already generated though if it doesn't! Serves me right for preordering, its something I rarely do and this is why!

XBOX: Placebo G

SoulChimera

Yep, unfortunately they don’t seem to give a crap about some of their franchises anymore. I’ve put about 2 hours into Mario Golf and I think I’m done with it. Horrendous.

SoulChimera

nessisonett

What an utterly horrible situation with Byuu, the dev behind BSNES. I can’t believe Kiwi Farms is allowed to continue harassing and baiting individuals to the point of suicide. An entire website full of individuals who make their life’s work harassing others. The internet feels like a mistake far too often.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

No words for this. Only emotions; anger and sadness.

Kidfried

Ralizah

I'm shocked Kiwi Farms is still running, considering how much e-drama they've generated over time.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Wasn’t too long ago they were hosting the videos from the Christchurch shooting. Or pushing a game dev to the point of self-immolation. I really do wonder what country they’re hosted in, as there’s surely some level of responsibility for the content being posted and the actions being encouraged.

Looks like it’s yet another website involved with Cloudflare. Who also were perfectly OK with having the ones who organised the Capitol attack as customers and such. Who only got rid of 8Chan and The Daily Stormer when they went public and their bottom dollar would be affected. Funnily enough who also provide CDN services for this very site.

Edited on by nessisonett

RogerRoger

@R1spam @SoulChimera Eep. Doesn't sound good for Mario Golf at all. I haven't tried it first-hand yet, but will be doing so tomorrow. Will appropriately brace myself, thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Looks like Shantae, Dante and Lloyd aren’t the final DLC fighter for Smash then!

johncalmc

I'm a bit deflated by the reviews for Mario Golf. Not that I put a tremendous amount of stock in reviews, despite writing them. But I love Mario Golf and I was excited for this and now I'm starting to feel a bit... meh about it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

TheFrenchiestFry

The toll extracted from today was high

He gave me Steve, Sephiroth and Kazuya

for the price of Dragonborn, Dante and Shantae

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry He also said dame da ne. In the immortal words of Ice Cube, today was a good day.

RR529

Finally beat that boss I've been stuck on for nearly a week in Ninja Gaiden Sigma! So close to the end now I can taste it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

Hahahahahaha Switch Pro is literally just a bigger screen. I’m fine with that, not a big fan of splitting player bases with a more powerful model.

Voltan

@nessisonett A nicer screen and a LAN port in the dock!
(also some more internal storage)

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic