Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,841 to 4,860 of 7,479

Octane

So they kept Mario 64 inverted, but didn't do the same for Sunshine? This collection is the weirdest...

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane I'm embarrassed to say as it was still pretty early on (Pinna Park and one of the levels where you are whisked away with disappearing platforms). I just fluffed up the timings 3 times then got the game over screen and lost it.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Ralizah Did you know the wing cap is absolutely atrocious? Yeah, I just remembered.

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah, the timing for the initial part is random. For the red blocks I suggest using jump + dive; jump + dive. It's rather easy once you get the hang of it.

Octane

RR529

Something I've realized is how "off brand" SM64 feels in places. "!" Blocks instead of "?" Blocks, breakable blocks have a completely different design compared to the brick style elsewhere in the series, and (so far) no series standard items like Fire Flowers or Super Mushrooms.

Not that it really bothers me, I've actually gotten more into it than I thought I would, just interesting to note.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane Yes - my frustration finally came on the last leg when I mistimed a jump and then just lost it.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

nessisonett

@Rudy_Manchego Yesterday I fell from the very top of Tick Tock Clock. Nothing Sunshine throws at me could top that frustration, even the pachinko level.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

Couldn't agree more. Anyone who says Sunshine doesn't control well, or is unfair, hasn't played 64.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane I don't know how I'm going to beat that level with the wing cap and the six red coins opposite of Rainbow Ride.

And the fact that falling dumps you OUTSIDE OF THE CASTLE, making each return trip take a minute or two?

muah

Chef's kiss. This game is a nightmare.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I tried that twice and then banged my head against a wall and called it a day. Why on earth do they need to chuck you outside the castle?

Octane

@Ralizah The wing cap level unlocks the wing cap in other levels, which makes it even more annoying cause it's pretty much mandatory. I remember collecting all 8 red coins on N64, but failing to make it back to the platform. It's absolutely the worst, because it's also on a timer.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane This is the other one on the top floor. It’s evil

nessisonett

@Octane It would be if it didn’t kick you outside the castle every time you lost. Yuck yuck yuck

Ralizah

@nessisonett Well, I beat it... somehow. And then went on to Tick Tock Clock. I didn't think I'd find a level I hate more than Shifty Sand Land or Rainbow Ride, but this level is pure evil. This isn't a video game; it's an endurance test. Somehow I managed to secure the first five stars, but I've been stuck on the final star, Stomp on a Thwomp, for a while now. I FINALLY got to the stupid thwomp at the very tippy top of the level, only to somehow misjudge my jump slightly, which caused the thwomp to catapult me ALLLLLLLLLL the way down to the bottom of the level.

Screw this stupid game.

nessisonett

@Ralizah I managed the thwomp one, it’s the 4th star I haven’t done yet. It just fills me with dread so I played some Hollow Knight instead today 😅

RR529

I can't believe I was actually scared of Big Boo's Haunt in 64 as a kid. Got all 7 of it's Stars tonight, and truth be told it may have been the easiest world yet (I honestly had the hardest time just finding my way to the balcony for the 5th mission. I probably ran through the mansion 5 times before noticing the platform you have to get up on to get to the attic, lol, and don't get me started on climbing the roof to claim that Star, as I fell off another 5 times trying to actually get the Star, lol 😂).

Up to 46 Stars now.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

@RR529 They didn't make it obvious at all where you needed to go to get to the roof star, IMO.

Otherwise, yeah, the world was a nice break from... well, from the rest of the game. I also like how atmospheric it is.

RR529

@Ralizah, yeah, Big Boo's Haunt and Jolly Roger Bay (which I didn't have much issue with either, outside of the eel Star, and the fact that I felt it should have been a tad more colorful, as it felt a bit drab for a Mario world) have seemed like the most coherent and well designed worlds in the game so far, and felt good to explore.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Octane

Bob-omb's Battlefield and Whomp's Fortress are also pretty easy.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic