Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,681 to 4,700 of 7,479

TheFrenchiestFry

"Super Mario 3D All-Stars will be available as a limited-run retail edition and a digital edition that is available for a limited time until the end of March 2021."

every EBay Scalper rn:

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Octane

@nessisonett I don't think they will do Zelda. Too many games. Leaving out Galaxy 2 I can understand, kinda, because it's a sequel. But how do you pick between OOT, MM, WW, TP and SS? And they're not going to give us more than three games, otherwise they would've included Galaxy 2. And even if they do it, I expect they just do the N64 versions of OOT and MM instead of the 3DS games.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane WW and TP would be Wii U ports because they’re literally the only games left but it would be nice to see OOT and MM getting a boost. I’ve achieved some pretty nice results on my laptop with upscaling.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

The Mario Battle Royale might be nice, but it's really hard to tell without playing. Making a Tetris Battle Royale is just way easier to get right, but I am optimistic about this one.

As for the other games unveiled today: I'm just glad I bought a Switch for its current roster alone, because the future is still looking quite bleak. The biggest announcement today was a collection of lazy ports. Skip.

I used to play Mario All Stars with a friend on the SNES during high school (I'm not that old, I just preferred the SNES over the GameCube in those years). I have always loved its battle mode, the mysterious appeal of the Lost Levels, and just those classic originals.

Kidfried

RR529

Pre-ordered 3D All Stars on Amazon earlier.

Haven't really played any of the games before other than Galaxy, so it's going to be new-ish to me (really looking forward to Sunshine, though).

I think Nintendo will squeeze in another game for a November or December slot, but I think the rest of their 2020 is pretty much set with 3D All Stars this month, & Mario Kart Live & Pikmin 3 Deluxe next month.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

Man, I really just must not like the SNES. Was trying out All-Stars on NSO, and feeling very... empty. The tinny sound and graphics were doing nothing for me. Switched over to the NES originals of those same games and immediately become invested in them. Something about the way SNES games look and sound just bugs me. Although Yoshi's Island is still cool, at least.

RE: Zelda, I could maybe see a Switch collection of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. They were already remastered for full price on Wii U, so a Switch port that comes the two games would make a lot of sense.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I still think SMW is the pinnacle of 2D Mario by quite a margin but wasn’t feeling those All-Stars games either. It just felt strange to me, having only ever played the NES originals. The music and graphics just don’t feel quite right.

Ralizah

https://www.polygon.com/2020/9/3/21420227/super-mario-3d-all-...

"Super Mario Galaxy is supported in TV, Tabletop and Handheld Modes. In TV and Tabletop modes, motion controls are required for pointer functionality. In Handheld Mode, pointer functionality has been adapted to use Touch Screen."

Seems reasonable. I thought they'd opt for gyro for collecting Star Bits, but making it touch screen based allows for it to be playable on the Lite as well.

The game is gorgeous in 480p or whatever, though, so 1080p Mario Galaxy might just be stunning.

nessisonett

@Ralizah There we go, finally some
clarity 😂😂

RR529

So this means I can play it on the TV with my Power A controller (it has gyro), without having to use the Joy-Con (my sticks are drifting on them)?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

@RR529 Looks like it. According to my wee brother my right stick is now drifting which is fabulous. Already replaced the left one.

ralphdibny

Finally got a pre order in for sm3das on shopto.net after the announcement blew the website up. I guess it's calmed down since midnight!

I have a pre order at Amazon already but I wanted to get one at the cheaper price. Probably best to hedge my bets and keep both pre orders in case one website has over sold their stock. Worse comes to worse i'll have a sealed copy of a game to sell seeing as I'm running out of money since being taken off furlough.

Mind you I still have a sealed copy of super Luigi u but I only have one copy of it so I can't bare to part with it!

Not sure whether to bother with that game&watch, the console collector in me is telling me to get it, but the person running out of money is telling me not to.

Weird none of these items have a 1 per customer limit on them though :S

That Mario kart home circuit thing looks really cool but way over priced at £100. Even using the switch lite as an example at £200 each, it would cost £600 to play two player on that game if you had no switches to start with. I do reckon that will see a significant price drop, just because it's another company making it. It's not just Nintendo that has to break even so I expect it to be available in large quantities over time but I could be wrong!

See ya!

Ralizah

@RR529 @nessisonett Alcohol. Cotton swabs. Fixed my drifting problem. Fixed a friend's drifting problem, too.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Tried that but I ended up replacing the entire stick after it came back a few weeks later. Really quite shocking build quality.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Poor showing from the company that literally invented the D-Pad and normalized analog sticks as the primary control method for 3D games.

nessisonett

@Ralizah I’m tempted to get an adapter to just use my DS4 with the Switch. I’m just loath to spend money on a Pro Controller if it turns out to have similar build quality issues.

Ralizah

@nessisonett It's the same technology, although I've not heard as many complaints about the Pro Controllers.

I've just been using my Wii U Pro + adapter because I'm cheap, and it works well.

RR529

Though I mostly bought it to play Sunshine & Galaxy, the more I think about it the more excited I am to to try 64 again.

I had only ever played it via rentals back in the day, so I was only ever able to clear the first couple worlds before returning it, or the save from the last person was at a point where I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. Along with big exploratory 3D games still being new to me at the time (now that I think about it, I beat very few N64 games back in the day, and the ones I did were mostly 2.5D like Kirby 64 & Smash), this probably left the impression on me that the game was harder than it probably is. Now that I'm older and obviously more accustomed to 3D games, I probably shouldn't have too much trouble with it (outside of potential difficulty due to archaic design choices).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

@RR529 I first properly played SM64 to completion on Wii U and it totally holds up. Controls are slightly wonky and the camera is horrific but it’s playable. It would have been nice for Nintendo to have fixed the camera in this remaster at least.

Ralizah

I've tried playing Mario 64 many times over the years, and could never get into it. The game is so... barren and clunky. IMO, it hasn't held up well.

Of course, I'll try again when the collection comes out.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic