Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,161 to 4,180 of 7,479

RR529

Well, the final day of the Cherry Blossom event has come & gone, and I wasn't able to get a single new recipe today (I actually popped 15-20 regular balloons today, and not one dropped a DIY recipe, Cherry Blossom or otherwise). Still, I managed to get 10 of the 14 recipes, so not too bad.

Anyhow, my town is starting to come along nicely. Paid off an incline & am going to have the campsite moved into the cliffs, that way I can expand the public park I'm making that shares space with it (that, and now the campsite will now be in a bit of a more remote location, setting the mood).

I only have two plots of land left without any villagers in them (and someone is moving in tomorrow), so I should soon be able to get the K.K.Slider performance (which I hear is the sort of endgame, in terms of scripted objectives).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@RR529 I’m annoyed, I only got about 6 of the cherry blossom recipes and none of them were the flooring or wallpaper, which I wanted. I managed to get the useless recipes like the wand and the pile of cherry blossoms.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

NickWba20

I've never played animal crossing I didn't even realise it was this big of a deal. Everything I hear about this game just sounds totally bizzare. My mate was telling me he improved a raccoons shop they were apparently open for business working from a tent if I remember right. My mate was complaining that he helped them improve their shop and now they only open at set times. Safe to say he wasn't impressed that he was now limited as to when he could do business with them despite helping them.

NickWba20

PSN: NickWba20

NickWba20

I recently rebrought a switch after selling my first one prematurely. What's the next big release for switch?

NickWba20

Ralizah

@NickWba20 Xenoblade Chronicles - Definitive Edition.

Not a lot has been revealed for the system this year (not a lot that's exclusive, anyway; quite a few ports). Normally, I'd say there'll be a blow out of information throughout the year for a variety of Q3/Q4 releases, as is typical with them, but this year, I honestly don't know who will be revealing what and when. I'm going to be quite shocked if Sony's upcoming releases aren't all delayed as well.

Out of curiosity: why sell your console at all? I never understood this unless you just genuinely have no desire to ever touch the thing again.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

@NickWba20, in terms of first party releases I think it's Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition next month, with Clubhouse Games: 51 Classic Games in June.

Otherwise you have Trials of Mana remake this month, The Wonderful 101 Remastered, Bioshock collection, Borderlands collection, & Xcom 2 next month.

Don't know when you sold your Switch, but here's all the exclusive releases since last summer. Fire Emblem Three Houses, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Zelda: Link's Awakening remake, Ring Fit Adventure, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon Sword/Shield, Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Tokyo Mirrage Sessions #FE Encore, Brain Training (EU only), Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

NickWba20

RR529 wrote:

@NickWba20, in terms of first party releases I think it's Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition next month, with Clubhouse Games: 51 Classic Games in June.

Otherwise you have Trials of Mana remake this month, The Wonderful 101 Remastered, Bioshock collection, Borderlands collection, & Xcom 2 next month.

Don't know when you sold your Switch, but here's all the exclusive releases since last summer. Fire Emblem Three Houses, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Zelda: Link's Awakening remake, Ring Fit Adventure, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon Sword/Shield, Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Tokyo Mirrage Sessions #FE Encore, Brain Training (EU only), Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

At a guess I'd say I sold my switch roughly four months after launch. I needed the money and I didn't particularly rate Zelda. At the moment I've got pokemon sword and shield Splatoon 2 football manager 2020 and Mario Kingdom battle. I'm definitely going to have to look at titles coming out in the future because the main reason I brought it again is to play some of the games which are out. I missed splatoon 2 terribly knew a new pokemon game had launched since I sold it originally and I could get a football manager game on there

NickWba20

NickWba20

Ralizah wrote:

@NickWba20 Xenoblade Chronicles - Definitive Edition.

Not a lot has been revealed for the system this year (not a lot that's exclusive, anyway; quite a few ports). Normally, I'd say there'll be a blow out of information throughout the year for a variety of Q3/Q4 releases, as is typical with them, but this year, I honestly don't know who will be revealing what and when. I'm going to be quite shocked if Sony's upcoming releases aren't all delayed as well.

Out of curiosity: why sell your console at all? I never understood this unless you just genuinely have no desire to ever touch the thing again.

I was unemployed at the time and wasn't playing it a great deal so I acted a little to fast and sold it without giving it real thought. Really enjoying it atm though

NickWba20

RR529

The fishing tournament in Animal Crossing has treated me well today, with the points I built up I've managed to get...

Decorations/Housing:
Anchor Statue, Fishing Rod Stand, Fish Drying Rack, Fish Rug, Fresh Cooler, Marine Pop Wall

Accessories/Tools:
Fish Pochette, Fish Wand, Fish Umbrella, Tackle Bag

Also, since I'd gotten over 100 points in total, I'm going to be getting a suprise gift in the mail as well (I'm guessing a trophy).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

Aww I must have missed out on the tournament since I’m still just the island instead of a town. I’ve put down plots of land for villagers but since it’s my wee brother who’s the island rep, I’ll just need to wait for him to finish which is really annoying. Might need to go on his profile myself and work towards the furniture.

Ralizah

@NickWba20 Ah.

Well, there was a lot of quality software last year, so you should have plenty of stuff to play in the meantime.

Anything in particular on your wishlist?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

Posted some screens of my AC home in the Screenshot Sharing Thread if anyone is interested.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

@RR529 Have you got a tatami mat from Saharah yet for your room?

RR529

@nessisonett, I've been waiting for it to appear in Nook's Cranny (and it hasn't). I never even considered asking the camel (can you even request a specific floor from her?).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

@RR529 It’s one of the medium rugs from her, I think you just have to be lucky but that’s how I got my tatami mat. I honestly don’t know if it’ll turn up in Nook’s Cranny, it might well do!

RR529

Just bought Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum N' Fun since it was sale for $20 in the eShop.

Figured it'd be time to transition over to something else now that I've hit the "endgame" in AC (and there aren't any events going on right now), though I'll probably still do a town run through once a day (which honestly could still take an hour).

Didn't think I'd grab Taiko though. I've been thinking a lot recently about either Grandia HD Collection or REmake, but then I noticed the former was on sale & I remember I enjoyed the Japanese demo, so I decided I'd chance it.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

@stuzster Octopath’s decent and not too hard. Dragon Quest XI is fantastic and has the most content on Switch. I guess the Pokemon games are technically RPGs, they’re just Pokemon. I’ve not played Xenoblade 2 but I’ve heard great things about it.

nessisonett

@stuzster The original FF7 is absolutely recommended playing on any occasion and I wouldn’t say it’s the hardest game to pick up. The graphics are dated but it’s still one of my favourite games of all time.

RR529

@stuzster, to add to this, I think Final Fantasy X would be a great jumping on point, and was one of the first JRPGs I played.

It has a more linear approach, so you can get to grips with the rpg mechanics without fear of getting lost in expansive worlds or anything (and I think it's more simple to grasp than most other JRPGs I've played in terms of mechanics. For example, I think in terms of equipment, you only have to worry about a weapon & one piece of defensive gear, in contrast to lot's of other RPGs where there's armor for different parts of your body, plus accessories).

Plus, I think it still looks fantastic, and has an interesting & touching narrative. I replayed it for the first time in over a decade on Switch, and I'd say it holds up with the best games on the system, IMO.

@nessisonett, just to follow up on our previous conversation, Nook's Cranny had Tatami flooring in stock yesterday, so I bought three.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

@RR529 Oh that’s a coincidence, I saw Nook’s Cranny had some in stock today on my island!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic