Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 7,480

kyleforrester87

Just preordered my girlfriend the coral pink Switch Lite and Animal Crossing, she gunna love it 😊

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Jealous. The pink one is cute. Although I do still love my Pokemon-themed Lite.

Will you be playing the game as well?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah I would like to give it a go on my own Switch, I am pretty intrigued to be honest but these sort of games don't really sit well with me in practise. I cant get into Stardew Valley but she's been on it non-stop for the past 2 months. I'm pretty jealous of people who can play games like these for hours and hours because they do look fun. I just get a bit hung up on trying to be efficient and I think I end up missing "the point".

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 I'm not a huge life sim person (and couldn't really get into Stardew), but Animal Crossing: New Leaf was chill enough that I really enjoyed it. There's no need for efficiency, because there are no stakes, really. You just do your thing at your own pace. The absolute worst thing that can happen when you neglect your town is that some people move out and weeds take over, in which case you just... pick them... and life goes on.

It's the video game equivalent of a lazy vacation.

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah Nice, I am drawn to them so maybe this'll be the one - looking forward to giving it a whirl! Are there any multiplayer features you're aware of that we'd benefit from?

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Well, in New Leaf, each town had a particular kind of fruit that was native to it, so you had to engage with others to find different types of fruit to plant in your town. I assume it'll work the same way with islands in New Horizons.

Also, the shops in different towns had different items and whatnot in stock at a given time.

Otherwise, there was a lot of traveling to a small tropical island together to catch rare bugs and fish for sharks (yes, sharks; you had to be a quick draw on the fishing line to nab them, though).

I wouldn't be surprised if New Horizons expands on the appeal of multiplayer a bit more, though.

Octane

I liked Animal Crossing on the GameCube, but these days I rarely have the time for it anymore. City Folk on the Wii became an obsessive collectathon trying to get all the bugs and fish before the season was over. And then I missed some, and I didn't like the idea of waiting an entire year. So I eventually quit. I'm certain the game isn't for me anymore.

Octane

crimsontadpoles

My poor town in Animal Crossing New Leaf, it'll be overgrown with weeds by now.

Animal Crossing is very relaxed. Much of my time with it was just talking to villagers, gathering materials, and catching bugs and insects. There's no urgency or reason to rush in this series, so players can take it slow and do as much or as little as they want.

Of course, this sort of game isn't going to appeal to everyone though, and that's fine.

RR529

I beat Daemon X Machina earlier this week (currently working on a large impressions piece), and just started Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD tonight.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

mookysam

Animal Crossing reviews are extremely positive. I'm really looking forward to this and feel it's exactly the type of game we need right now. Just something nice to relax to. Anyone else getting it on Friday?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

kyleforrester87

Yeah the reviews look great. I’d absolutely pick this up but I gotta wait a month until the coral Switch lite comes out, since I’ve ordered it with that for my partner. I’ll have a quick go on hers and if I dig it I’ll pick it up too.

kyleforrester87

nessisonett

I was really into Animal Crossing on 3DS but I just don’t touch the Switch enough to justify getting it just now. I was kinda hoping for a bit more if I’m being honest, the 10s were a given since it’s a Nintendo first party game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@mookysam My copy has been preloaded since it went live on the shop. I wouldn't miss the new Animal Crossing for anything. Also "convinced" my sister to order me an Animal Crossing skin for my Switch and dock to go along with it.

I was originally planning on maining it on my Switch Lite, but I really want to be able to play it on my TV sometimes.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ryall

@Ralizah Have Nintendo managed to come up with a mechanism that allows you to have one save game across both the switch and switch light?

Ryall

kyleforrester87

I hear it’s the sort of game you play in short stints, but can you legitimately sink hours in one go without running out of things to do or is everything on timers?

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 So, the game will start out having almost nothing to do, and, over time, your options will expand dramatically as people move in, shops open up, services are offered, etc. I had such a large fruit tree farm in New Leaf after a while that I spent at least an hour every day JUST harvesting and selling fruit, in addition to the usual daily rituals of watering my flowers, digging up fossils, browsing the shop selections, socializing with my citizens, checking the stalk market numbers, etc.

This one will also feature landscaping and full town customization, so I think, once it really gets going (which can take a week or two, admittedly), it'll be easy to lose oneself in it.

It's not the sort of game you sit down and commit yourself to, but it does worm its way into your life.

@Ryall Nope. So I'll just be maining it on my normal Switch in order to have the TV functionality.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Indie Direct sucked. At least we got an update on Baldo, though. It's due out in the Summer, and is apparently a timed exclusive.

redd214

Yeah was quite a snoozer imo too. Not interested in a single thing they showed.

redd214

nessisonett

I was expecting at least a little surprise like an update on Hollow Knight Silksong.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic