Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,821 to 3,840 of 7,479

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder Ha I may just film her and make it an FMV game.

@Ralizah Graphics quality takes a hit but gameplay is smooth, no massive performance hits and it is completely playable. Sound and audio quality is also top notch. I have to keep reminding myself I am playing a 100 hour cinematic game in portable mode.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

KratosMD wrote:

I just got done with an online session with a buddy of mine where we did a bunch of Max Raid Battles and it's been such a blast

All I've heard regarding the Max Raid battles and the online in general is that it's a broken mess barely held together by string and paperclips @KratosMD or at least pretty shoddy

Destructoid's Review just posted today in particular goes into detail about his time with the online functionality

Maybe it has something to do with different regions/areas though? (I assume he's US based) compared to you in Sweden... Just might account for something

Good to hear you're enjoying it though!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

Well it's not just there I've seen it said, over in Ninty life's sword and shield thread most of the people there are having problems with it too @KratosMD

Wouldn't know myself of course but it's seemingly working as intended for you so... Lucky!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

My experience online has been negative, too. The removal of GTS means you can't easily go online and find someone to trade with, instead just having to trade with randoms and pray they like what you're offering. Max raid battles are... I dunno, they seem kind of like weird, pointless set-pieces to me. And the lagginess in the Wild Area when you're online is horrendous.

Mixed feelings about the game's sp content, although, like I said over in the NL thread, I think they really nailed it when it comes to having wild Pokemon running around in the grass in different routes. They skitter around in the grass, react in surprising ways depending on what you do, follow you... it's great.

Despite the Wingulls looking kind of terrible in the Wild Area, a lot of the flying animations in the wild... actually look pretty good, too.

I know people meme about the developers saying they wanted to focus on producing high quality animations because some of the attack animations look terrible, but in the wild, and in the camp (Pokemon will actually chase and retrieve toys you throw; pointless, but cute), you can really see a bump up in animation quality for various Pokemon.

@KratosMD

Thought you'd be interested in some officially confirmed new features for TMS on Switch. I knew there was a new dungeon, but it sounds like there's a decent amount of additional story content as well.

https://personacentral.com/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-encore-ne...

• New songs and music videos have been added
  • All songs, including the new songs by Kiria Kurono and Tsubasa Oribe, are produced by the Japanese production company Avex.
  • New costumes have been added.
  • Players can choose to keep or remove Tsubasa’s glasses.
  • The president of Fortuna Entertainment Maiko Shimazaki (voiced by Ami Koshimizu) participates in battle in the form of Sessions (and not as a whole new playable character) with a new costume.
  • Tiki (voiced by Sumire Morohoshi) also participates in battle via Sessions, with additional story elements.
  • Encore features a new adventure for the protagonists, with an additional dungeon.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

The utility also has the capability of allowing for trades with friends and others around the world directly through the Pokémon HOME app either locally or online

From Serebii's article, last paragraph

I saw this in the Sword and Shield thread over on Nintylife and I hope that it's just worded wrong.

Feels rather slimey otherwise that basic online functionality for 3 gens (Especially as I'm playing Omega Ruby & PSS and GTS really is so simple to use) is now relegated to a (no doubt) paid app instead of the actual game (Unless it's going to be patched in on the games or something)

I've seen a bit more footage of Sw/Sh and those small details really do look quite nice in motion @Ralizah ... Hell the battles models look nice too.

I don't honestly see TMS doing that much better on Switch then Wii U @Ralizah 😅

Not that I want it to fail or anything... But... It failed the first time around as we discussed ages back and whilst the switch has a much bigger install base and probably coming out at a better time... I just don't see it doing any better then "not so big of a bomb as last time"

Nice that they're adding some actual additional content to it though (That seems pretty thorough) and not just the basic resolution bump!

Ralizah

Haven't encountered this myself, but seems pretty cool. Might need to keep my camp sites set up longer than I have been.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Well, that would explain why the online functionality in this game sucks so badly. It's not like GF doesn't know how to design a competent trading system, after all.

RE: Tokyo Mirage Sessions, I'm not expecting it to sell amazingly well. A few hundred thousands copies at most. That still might go a long way toward helping the game be profitable for Nintendo and Atlus, and it gives Nintendo some nice release padding. I just wish it wasn't the censored version of the game. But yeah, it's the most anyone could possibly expect from a Switch port of a Wii U game.

Ralizah

Well, Pokemon Sword/Shield had an amazing launch and sold, like, 6 million copies in its first week, which is double what LGPE did. Fastest selling Switch game to date thus far. 2 million of those sales came just from Japan (around 1.4m physical and 700k digital).

Holiday sales are going to be insane.

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD however good you think SwSh are, and I don’t doubt it’s good enough, it’s pretty clear to me they could have done a lot better still.

Still, as you say, they look good enough - maybe even great - so no shame in buying it. I’ll get it soon.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD yeah like you say, great by their standards, but it could have been the equivalent of BOTW and I just can’t ignore that...

Thinking about downloading it tonight though 👍🏻

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

I really think GF needs a longer development cycle for future main series games, as the workload of creating detailed 3D environments with hundreds of monsters to capture and interact with is going to be light years beyond what the relatively basic 2D handheld games required. Which I think is probably why the game is a bit short and light on content: they're so focused on the animations and presentation that the actual game part of the experience gets shafted a bit in the process.

kyleforrester87 wrote:

however good you think SwSh are, and I don’t doubt it’s good enough, it’s pretty clear to me they could have done a lot better still.

Hmm. I keep hearing that phrase online ("the games could have been better"), which is certainly true, but it also seems kind of pointless to say. Almost every single game I've ever played could have been better in some way: even the ones that blew me away.

Octane

@KratosMD The online is actually quite limited compared to previous entries. The Y-comm is definitely a step down from GTS.

Octane

crimsontadpoles

So, I picked up Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and my first impressions are very positive. The front cover art looks great and has various characters in a ready to battle action pose, and the cover also clearly shows the title of the game. The back cover is equally wonderful as it has pictures showing most of the characters in the game. The case also makes a satisfying click sound when opening it.

The only down side so far is that the game cartridge has a slightly bad taste. After how much of a deal was made out of Switch cartridges' disgusting taste when it was first released, I'm slightly disappointed that the taste isn't too bad.

I've not actually played the game yet due to not having a Switch, but I'm in the middle of resolving that little problem (getting the regular one with neon coloured joycons and improved battery).

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Switch cartridges have a horrible taste to them. Apparently to stop kids from putting them in their mouth. True story.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

Ok so I thought the taste thing was a joke, but since I had BOTW next to me I figured why not? Popped it into my mouth and I can still taste that crap 5 minutes later.

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Apparently you get used to the taste. True story.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic